Ok, so I set up Pageonce and I have spent some time with it. My first impressions are: I like the interface, very intuitive, and easy to use. It was easy to set up and didn't take much thought.

As for what it is and what it does, I am a little underwhelmed. I may have had some high expectations, but in all fairness what it does do, it does well. I was thinking it was a "Money Manangement" type of app, but in reality it's more of an "Account Viewer". I call it a viewer since I haven't found anything it does other than allow me to "view" the account.

For Viewing accounts, I am satisfied with the performance so far. Once I'm in the app, I have access to any account I have set up online. Banking, Time Warner Cable, T-Mobile, The Gas Company, etc. No more jumping from site to site, entering user names and passwords, just click it and the information is there. Pretty nice. Too bad they don't have access to "all" of my accounts, but as they say, they go with the more popular ones, so if it's not there, request it. It doesn't seem to auto-update, but I don't see a need for that. At least not yet in my limited usage, but why waste any of my battery updating accounts that see no action? Checking my Gas bill multiple times a day for changes wouldn't make any sense to me. So I'm fine with manually forcing an update when needed. It is a laggy app when accessing my account information, but it's probably faster than going to the site, entering my information, and finally retrieving the data. There are short-cut icons and such, but they still take longer. Those are simply lauchers for the given site, where as Pageonce does all the work for you. At the same time, if I use the launcher for Wells Fargo, I can also make transfers and such, with Pageonce I can only view the account.

So in my first day of having this app, my impression is it's nothing more than a nice Account Viewer. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just that it doesn't seem to be more than that. If I'm not missing anything, it will still integrate nicely with my routine.

What Pageonce is lacking IMO is the ability to utilize user input. When I think "Money Management" app, I want to be able to track all my money. CASH INCLUDED. This is where Ascendo Money comes in for me. It allows me to keep track of ALL my finances. Money in and money out. It is all manual, but once set up, it's quick, easy, and intuitive. That's not what this post is about though.

Back to Pageonce. If it seems like I'm missing anything it does, please let me know. Although I have only had it a short time, I'm feeling as if I have come to the limits of what this app is designed to do. An "Account Viewer", view most of your accounts in one convenient app. I like it and for $2.99 it's not a bad deal. I don't know if I'd recommend it, but I wouldn't call it useless either. I don't think I'd be purchasing it at $9.99 though. As a "Money Management" app, I have to say it falls short and would prove to be extremely limited.

At any rate, I've glad to have been given the tip for this app for $2.99. I will definitely get some usage from it. The free version would have almost done it for me, but is limited to 5 accounts.
    01-11-10 11:49 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD