I have this free one called "myalarm" but it did not work right.. it keep asking permission to do things and then it doesn't go off. Anyone have any others?
    10-29-07 08:46 AM
    doesnt the built in alarm clock play MP3's?
    10-29-07 08:54 AM
    does it? i didnt see that option? also it only allows for 1 alarm.. when i like to have several diffrent ones setup for the week
    10-29-07 09:03 AM
    the single alarm feature does bite ...
    10-29-07 09:08 AM
    On a Blackberry 8800 at least, if you save your chosen .mp3 files to your Blackberrys own Device Memory under "Ringtones" then these mp3 tunes will be added and visible to be selected within the main default list when choosing the Tune within the Alarm application.

Happy mp3 awakenings!!!
    Last edited by Berryman; 10-29-07 at 03:38 PM.
    10-29-07 03:33 PM
    YEAH just found that it reads my ringtones on my sd card.. so i guess that will do!
    10-29-07 03:59 PM
    re: request to be able to set multiple alarms. Have you taken a look at Mobylo Multi Alarm?

Five Independent Alarms.
    Frequency choices: Daily, Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun and a quick Once-off alarm
    Custom Alarms: Set the alarm to run on specific days of the week
    Holidays: Set the alarm to Silent or Active on holidays
    Pre-loaded list of US Holidays included. Customize to your Country, or Company’s official list.
    Forced-snooze Never miss an alarm because the snooze was off

Mobylo! Multi Alarm by Mobylo - Handango BlackBerry 8800 Software
    10-29-07 04:08 PM
    re: request to be able to set multiple alarms. Have you taken a look at Mobylo Multi Alarm?

Five Independent Alarms.
    Frequency choices: Daily, Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun and a quick Once-off alarm
    Custom Alarms: Set the alarm to run on specific days of the week
    Holidays: Set the alarm to Silent or Active on holidays
    Pre-loaded list of US Holidays included. Customize to your Country, or Company�s official list.
    Forced-snooze Never miss an alarm because the snooze was off

Mobylo! Multi Alarm by Mobylo - Handango BlackBerry 8800 Software
    I use this. By in large, it works pretty well. My only complaint about it is that yes there are technically five alarm programs, there are only THREE sounds you can associate with the alarms. So you cannot have five different sound files for the five different alarms.

I use alarms to notify me of important events during the day and would prefer to associate different MP3 sound files with each different event. Mobylo allows me to have five different alarms but not five different unique sounds. Some alarms must use the same sounds.

Also, keep in mind that if you do buy the Mobylo alarm program, you'll technically have six alarms --the five that Mobylo gives you plus the original one that comes installed on your BB.
    10-30-07 03:09 AM
    Take a look at this free tool MyAlarms. http://lhurtado.vtrbandaancha.net I've been using it for a while and it's pretty straight forward.
    10-30-07 07:29 AM
    Mobylo is trash. I bought this crazy expensive app because I could snooze thru the BES locked screen.

Mobihand gave me instructions on how to re-download when I was looking to upgrade from my Curve 8330 to 9550 Storm2.

It worked on my 9550 with the stock OS and on the leaked OS for 4 months. Then, it stopped working and asked for me to re-register.

The app has disappeared from my Mobihand account, and their support said it only works with OS 4.7. Really? How come it worked for 4 months on two versions of OS5.0? No answer to that. The developer also won't return emails.

That's really nice for a $30 app. Lesson learned for me. Learn from my mistake and don't buy this.
    02-11-10 09:50 PM
    Two things - the newer OS's, the Calendar app (NOT the alarm clock) allows multiple alarms.

If you place your mp3 on an sd card and have MassStorageMode enabled and the device is plugged into the usb (say, charging overnight), the mp3 on the card will not be found. I copied my mp3 to Internal Memory to avoid the MassStorage mode hiding the file.
    02-11-10 11:58 PM
    Bb smart alarms pro is great. Have to pay for it but well worth it, you can pick any sound from your phones files for unlimited alarms

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 05:17 AM
    I use this one, it's very good, reliable and you can choose from a lot of alarms including MP3s.
    02-12-10 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD