I'm looking for an email app for Blackberry. I am a fire fighter and get calls sent to my phone via sms and email. I am wondering if there is an app for BB like one from the droid that scans the email and sets a specific alert tone.

To give an example, I would like to have one alert tone for the page that has TW807 and something different for the page that has E807.

I was told that Droid has one called Cad alert and fire alert.
    05-04-11 08:46 AM
    What I have done for a couple of my Chiefs is set up an address book contact entry, i.e. TW807 (using your example) and the SMTP string for that entry in the email field (TW807@xxxxx.xxx). Then I set a custom sound to the entry, and to activate always.

Seems to work well...
    05-04-11 12:47 PM
    What I have done for a couple of my Chiefs is set up an address book contact entry, i.e. TW807 (using your example) and the SMTP string for that entry in the email field (TW807@xxxxx.xxx). Then I set a custom sound to the entry, and to activate always.

Seems to work well...
    Ok I will try something like that.
    05-07-11 10:58 AM
    You could make a custom e-mail account for your BB and have all your firefighter e-mails forwarded automatically to that e-mail account and then when you get an e-mail on your BB e-mail account just have the ringtone be a different one than standard.

Also, if you need an e-mail program for free with more options than BIS, try Logicmail. I use it and the BIS and it seems to be a good combo though it's in beta.
    05-07-11 01:37 PM
    The problem is that the email comes from a dispatching system. And each email has a different beginning but the same @ending. This is a new system for us. But one of the guys at the station, who has a driod, said he has an app that will pick out a specific word in the email and set off a ringtone for that.
    05-07-11 03:12 PM
    I think smartalerts by bellshare will do that. It has a free trial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 03:19 AM
    How about using a filter for your email with wildcards for the unknown portion of the address?

Options for email message filters
    05-09-11 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD