So far I've found detoday, ultra today plus and an app called fancy widgets.

DeToday is alright but I have an issue paying for an app and then paying for updates too.

Utlra today plus I couldn't actually get to work. Emailed support a week ago and got nothing.

Fancy widgets is all right but I can't set my own background. (Otherwise super useful!)

Are there any others?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 10:57 AM
    ...DeToday is alright but I have an issue paying for an app and then paying for updates too.
    I have received several updates for deToday, especially since they were updating the app for Christmas. I've yet to pay for any of them. Just the purchase price. And I ALWAYS get a response when I email them for support or have an idea for a future enhancement.

Well worth the cost . . .
    12-14-10 11:58 AM
    Hm. That's the one I really wanted but I thought one of the sites had a buy an upgrade option?

12-14-10 12:29 PM
    Hm. That's the one I really wanted but I thought one of the sites had a buy an upgrade option?

If you check HERE in the CB App Store, and go almost all the way to the bottom of the overview, it clearly states "Free Updates for Life". It also offers a free, 15-day, trial. You won't need the trial, as it is by far the best home screen calendaring option I have come across. I sure there are others who would agree.

Well worth $6.
    12-14-10 12:41 PM
    ok,just learn something about calendar apps
    but is PocketDay Pro good?
    12-15-10 08:42 AM
    try BBerryBliss non-hidden today theme. I think it is great. Show you next three appointments and latest messages on the home screen.
    12-16-10 08:22 AM
    Downloaded the trial, and it looks good. However, I have a question for users:
    I cannot click on the appointments on the home screen. Some themes have that feature where you could click on any one in the list and it would open up the appointment to edit. This just shows the list .
    Is this the way it is, or because I have the trial?
    Also, it will be a good feature to have the countdown work for any appointment on the calender just like it does for Christmas.
    12-16-10 02:26 PM
    Downloaded the trial, and it looks good. However, I have a question for users:
    I cannot click on the appointments on the home screen. Some themes have that feature where you could click on any one in the list and it would open up the appointment to edit. This just shows the list .
    Is this the way it is, or because I have the trial?
    Also, it will be a good feature to have the countdown work for any appointment on the calender just like it does for Christmas.
    The trial version of deToday is the same as the paid version. You cannot click on an appointment on the homescreen, but the app gives you loads of other options.
    12-16-10 03:50 PM
    The trial version of deToday is the same as the paid version. You cannot click on an appointment on the homescreen, but the app gives you loads of other options.
    yah, thats the one feature that would have been very useful. Themes can do it, but deToday just adds a static image. Not bad though I will probably buy it after the trial if I do not find anything better.
    Sent an email to support suggesting the to customize countdown for any appointment just like Christmas. They responded by saying that they may implement in a future version.
    12-16-10 04:01 PM
    yah, thats the one feature that would have been very useful. Themes can do it, but deToday just adds a static image. Not bad though I will probably buy it after the trial if I do not find anything better.
    Sent an email to support suggesting the to customize countdown for any appointment just like Christmas. They responded by saying that they may implement in a future version.
    It's a great app with fantastic developer support. (And there have never been any additional fees for upgrades.)
    12-16-10 05:09 PM
    +1. Odeve is one of the devs I know I can expect excellent apps from and not be disappointed.
    12-16-10 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD