Hi all,

Im looking to see if theres an app similar to Llama which is currently on Android at the moment. Basically you set up rules and when the phone hits those rules, it does various things ie like change your profile from normal to silent or vibrate also can switch your wifi on or off.

Basically a scenario like this: when i leave my house, the app will turn my WIFI off and change my profile from vibrate to normal. Then when i enter my house, it turns the WIFI on, connects to it and changes the profile to vibrate.

From what i can see, llama does this either by cell id's or by time.

So anyone know of an app thats similar to this??

Thanks
    05-06-12 07:59 AM
    You can try searching CrackBerry or AppWorld for "Profile Changers" and receive numerous results.

There is an app called Profile Changer by ToySoft that does everything I believe you are looking for.

There is a thread about it on the same page as your thread here ...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9/#post7369660

Here is the AppWorld purchase link here...
    Buy Profile Changer - Automatically change sound profile using Daily Timer ★ Calendar Keywords ★Location base - Download Profile Changer - Automatically change sound profile using Daily Timer ★ Calendar Keywords ★Location base

Hope this helps.
    05-06-12 08:25 AM
    Thanks mad...ill have a look at that.

EDIT: only does profiles though...looking for something that does profiles but also switches wifi on/off, bluetooth etc

The search goes on lol
    Last edited by Spawn12; 05-06-12 at 09:12 AM.
    05-06-12 09:08 AM
    Ok. Did you read the description?
    It doesn't actually do what it states?

Features
    -----------

* Designed specifically for BlackBerry® Smartphone OS 7.1 and higher
    * Supports three types of Profiles: Daily/Weekly timer, Calendar keyword integration and Location base. You can mix and match Timed profile with Location profile
    * Works when the keyboard or screen is locked without user intervention
    * Works when the device is in the Holster without user intervention
    * Works when the device has a password lock without user intervention
    * Automatically Set Profile when you charge your BlackBerry® Smartphone
    * Optionally you can set to turn on and off Connections such as Mobile network, Wifi, Bluetooth, Hotspot and NFC.
    * One Time Profile when you just do not want to be disturbed. You can set it from 5 minutes to 10 Hours and Profile Changer will automatically set the Sound Profile back
    * Backup and Restore of all your Profiles to the SD Card. SD Card is required. Very useful when you upgrade the BBOS.
    * Automatically creates Scheduled Calendar Profile when you enter a keyword when create a new appointment. Profile Changer will automatically switch Profile when the appointment happens and switch it back when the appointment is go. No more worry about your phone ringing in bad situations
    * Scan the entire Calendar application for keywords so you can use your already setup appointments. You can even setup keywords in the future like next year
    * VIP Contact Category rule so that you will never miss important calls when the Sound Profile is set to Silent or Vibrate
    * All profiles are limited to 64

If that is not what you specified, I apologize...
    05-06-12 09:30 AM
    My bad Madbrad

Should have really read the description more thoroughly.

Thanks looks like ill be buying it soon as it seems to tick the boxes i need ticked.

Do you know if it has any issues playing nicely with the 9900 running 7.1 OS??...i know it says it runs on OS 7.1 but was wondering if there are any major bugs??
    05-06-12 10:26 AM
    My bad Madbrad

Should have really read the description more thoroughly.

Thanks looks like ill be buying it soon as it seems to tick the boxes i need ticked.

Do you know if it has any issues playing nicely with the 9900 running 7.1 OS??...i know it says it runs on OS 7.1 but was wondering if there are any major bugs??
    Wow. You're kidding right?

As much as I want to assist you, you need to take at least a little initiative yourself.

Why don't you read the AppWorld reviews yourself in the link I pointed you to and see what others think?

I only see a possible Bluetooth issue which has been reported to the developer and will be apparently fixed in an update...
    One issue is the Bluetooth Toggle, not working entirely, just opens up "manage connections" but I shot support an email and I'm sure they'll fix it soon enough.. Not like I bought this app for that ability anyways, it was just a bonus feature!
    I suggest you do the same... Ask the developer...

You can also pose your questions and/or concerns to the developer in the thread I pointed to you earlier, or send an email to support@toysoft.ca

I do not have an OS7/7.1 device, so you may have to do some investigating yourself.

Hope this helps...
    05-06-12 12:56 PM
    Not thrilled with Llama sound app. I've used it for the past month and the app overall just sucks. I've tried liking it, but the app will work for a while and then all of a sudden just make the phone start going hay-wire and crash different apps on my BlackBerry.

The sound app that works best for my phone is Smart Volume Control+.

You can set the sound for all your different contacts and profiles, and sms. This app has never crashed my Nexus10 and it cost me only $3.99.

SVC+ shot Llama out of the water.
    03-22-13 02:45 AM
    Not thrilled with Llama sound app. I've used it for the past month and the app overall just sucks. I've tried liking it, but the app will work for a while and then all of a sudden just make the phone start going hay-wire and crash different apps on my BlackBerry.

The sound app that works best for my phone is Smart Volume Control+.

You can set the sound for all your different contacts and profiles, and sms. This app has never crashed my Blackberry and it cost me only $3.99.

SVC+ shot Llama out of the water.
    03-22-13 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD