I work for a company who's contacts are all on an off-site server, and I was wondering if anyone knew if it was at all possible to sync all those contacts with a Microsoft Entourage-like program and then consequently sync that with each employee's Blackberry's.

THE CATCH: We want to be able to have one set of "master sync" contacts (from our off-site server) AND have each employee sync their OWN personal contacts onto their phones.

Essentially we want to have our entire company's Rolodex sync with each person's blackberry so that when we update our contacts (through the server) we don't have to manually update them for each person (i.e. if a person in our contacts gets a new email address it automatically reflects that change in EVERYONE's contacts so that we don't have to manually do it for each employee) yet simultaneously allow for each person to be able to sync with another set of contacts, their own personal ones.

The help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
    08-14-09 02:05 PM
    How much are they willing to spend? Because the short answer is get BES.
    For free or cheap. Would look into AstraSync, but not sure about the Entourage Integration. $50/user/year.
    Another option along these lines is NotifySync. $130 each, the 1st year. Cheaper after.
    After that, I don't think you'll find anything that syncs mult address books on BIS. Your address book is your address book unless you go BES.
    You might want to let each user sync their own address book via Google Sync/Funambol/Nexthaus, etc. and then put your company address book up in a cloud like on Plaxo or something that has easy mobile access.
    You might also want to look into the data base OTA sync apps in App World and sync contacts as Excel Files. Or Find a way to do it free via Sugar Sync.
    08-14-09 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD