Automatically change sound profile when you arrive or leave your home or the
    office or any location.

Location Profiler uses the network cell tower information to manage your
    profiles. When arrive at a location Profiler will automatically change the
    profile. Optionally you can set up a profile when you leave the location.
    Example would be from Home going to the Office.

Note: Location Profiler will not change the Profile if the BlackBerry� is in
    the Holster or keyboard locked. You will get a vibrate to notify you to
    unholster or unlock the device. (optionally you can use Profiler's keyboard
    locking)

Requirement:

* BlackBerry� OS 4.2 and Higher

Features:

* Supports GSM and CDMA networks
    * Each profile can have "Arrive" and "Leave" profile
    * Supports Custom profiles
    * Assign custom ringtone or sound when you arrive at a location
    * Automatically gather cell id for the current location
    * Assign up to 5 different cell ids per profile
    * Optionally vibrate when device is in Holster
    * Optionally vibrate when keyboard is locked
    * Optionally use Location Profiler internal keyboard locking for the
    system keyboard work around
    * Compatible with our Profiler application
    * Very easy to use

Compatibility:

* Work in conjunction with Profiler application
    * 8700 Series
    * 8800 Series
    * Pearl 81xx and 82xx Series
    * Curve Series
    * Bold
    * Storm

03-06-09 03:26 PM
    You know what would be pretty cool for LocationProfiler, if we can manage radios (wifi, cell, bluetooth, etc) depending on locations. At work, I do not connect to a Wifi network so it would be nice to be able to shut it off when I am there.

Also, with more phones with built-in GPS, will a future version support GPS?

Rich N
    03-07-09 02:24 PM
    You know what would be pretty cool for LocationProfiler, if we can manage radios (wifi, cell, bluetooth, etc) depending on locations. At work, I do not connect to a Wifi network so it would be nice to be able to shut it off when I am there.

Also, with more phones with built-in GPS, will a future version support GPS?

Rich N
    working on it as we speak. stay tuned.
    03-07-09 06:27 PM
    OTA www.toysoft.ca/beta/LocationProfiler.jad

Changes
    ---------

- added support for Profiler. Profiler scheduled profiles will always have priority over Location Profiler. In Profiler you can set to Bypass Location Profiler.

You can download the latest Profiler here www.toysoft.ca/beta/Profiler.jad or read the Profiler forum post.

- minor changes to the bt and wifi. before you if have bt to do nothing and wifi to on or off it will not work unless bt is selected on or off

- if you think Profiler isnt working then goto the menu and select Reset Location
    03-12-09 10:41 PM
    awesome work!
    03-13-09 05:45 AM
    Just added my home profile to turn on Wifi. Will see what happens when I Leave my home later!
    03-14-09 11:05 AM
    Changes
    --------

- Added Greeting sounds
    - Added Enable/Disable Location Profiler
    - Added Bluetooth and WIFI on/off
    - Added Time to check profile eg: 1 to 5 mins

Toysoft Development Inc.- Location profile for Blackberry
    03-24-09 06:07 PM
    This needs to have a time based profiler as well, that would make this app perfect.
    03-27-09 01:28 PM
    i seem to be having a problem understanding how this program works. i have 4 locations setup, all of which are cell towers that i access from home. i am trying to set this up so when i am at home, my 'home' profile is automatically enabled and when i leave, i want the 'work' profile to be activated. i have setup 4 home locations (home1, home2, home3 and home4) and added all 4 cell towers to each. At this point because i've only been at home and those are the only locations setup, my home profile should be active and not my work profile. how do i keep it from jumping to the work profile when i am clearly at home. Also, how do you determine what cell tower you are using and how do you manually enter it so this stops? am i missing something here? please help.
    03-29-09 05:14 PM
    i seem to be having a problem understanding how this program works. i have 4 locations setup, all of which are cell towers that i access from home. i am trying to set this up so when i am at home, my 'home' profile is automatically enabled and when i leave, i want the 'work' profile to be activated. i have setup 4 home locations (home1, home2, home3 and home4) and added all 4 cell towers to each. At this point because i've only been at home and those are the only locations setup, my home profile should be active and not my work profile. how do i keep it from jumping to the work profile when i am clearly at home. Also, how do you determine what cell tower you are using and how do you manually enter it so this stops? am i missing something here? please help.
    if you have only a Home profile setup then the "leave" profile will change whenever a new cell tower id is located at your home. There might be more cell id that you have not gotten. the best way is goto the Manage Location screen and select Start Gathering and wait for 10 mins and then select Stop Gathering.

what you can also do is set the Leave profile for your Home to "none".
    the next time you are at work goto the Manage Location and gather all the cell id for your office and set up a new Profile "office" and set the "Leave" profile to none.

now that you have home and office profiles setup it will change when you arrive at home and office. the only thing it wont do is change profile when you leave home and office but once you arrive at the location the profile will switch.
    03-30-09 11:48 AM
    I was just looking to see if there was a new beta for Location Profiler and noticed that the program seems to have changed names to Cell ID. Is this a newer version of Location Profiler or a different program altogether? Thanks.
    04-02-09 08:50 AM
    I was just looking to see if there was a new beta for Location Profiler and noticed that the program seems to have changed names to Cell ID. Is this a newer version of Location Profiler or a different program altogether? Thanks.
    cellid is internal project name but the app should show LocationProfiler.

are you using v1.1?
    04-02-09 10:48 AM
    cellid is internal project name but the app should show LocationProfiler.

are you using v1.1?
    Yes, I am using 1.1. Would it be okay to try the beta version?
    04-02-09 07:07 PM
    I just installed the 0.113 OS leak so I get another few days at evaluating this software for the 2nd time. I have some new questions.
    Why does the program launch the BB profile window and force me to pick a profile every time I start it up/reboot? Shouldn't it just operate in the background without interaction?

When I gather locations, the Network and System fields get assigned 0 however if I manually "Get Location" those fields are now populated. Are they necessary or do I really only need "Cell ID"?
    04-05-09 06:43 AM
    I just installed the 0.113 OS leak so I get another few days at evaluating this software for the 2nd time. I have some new questions.
    Why does the program launch the BB profile window and force me to pick a profile every time I start it up/reboot? Shouldn't it just operate in the background without interaction?

When I gather locations, the Network and System fields get assigned 0 however if I manually "Get Location" those fields are now populated. Are they necessary or do I really only need "Cell ID"?
    you need to set the permissions for Location Profiler to all ALLOW in the Options app. You can ignore the Network values.
    04-05-09 10:29 AM
    you need to set the permissions for Location Profiler to all ALLOW in the Options app. You can ignore the Network values.
    Thanks for that tip.. The application appears to now perform.
    Would it be possible to design the profile change event to occur in the background instead of taking over the user interface?

Also, the setup will not let me choose any of my customized profiles, only the BB default choices.
    Last edited by Quanius; 04-06-09 at 07:17 AM.
    04-06-09 07:14 AM
    Thanks for that tip.. The application appears to now perform.
    Would it be possible to design the profile change event to occur in the background instead of taking over the user interface?

Also, the setup will not let me choose any of my customized profiles, only the BB default choices.
    for custom profiles goto the menu and select Edit Custom. change the names that matches the system custom profile names.
    04-06-09 10:30 AM
    for custom profiles goto the menu and select Edit Custom. change the names that matches the system custom profile names.
    Thanks for your quick replies. That works.

One other small discovery I found is that if I try to change a profile selection in the Edit Profile, I have to pick "Do Nothing" and then go back and select my desired profile. Probably a known issue already.

So it seems that there are some design hurdles in getting the program more integrated with the BB OS and having to get around that by doing screen grabs. Is the OS the limitation here?

It really is a novel piece of software that is highly practical for BB users on the go. I'm glad Toysoft is putting time into it and I plan to keep following the development. Thanks,
    04-06-09 11:44 AM
    Thanks for your quick replies. That works.

One other small discovery I found is that if I try to change a profile selection in the Edit Profile, I have to pick "Do Nothing" and then go back and select my desired profile. Probably a known issue already.

So it seems that there are some design hurdles in getting the program more integrated with the BB OS and having to get around that by doing screen grabs. Is the OS the limitation here?

It really is a novel piece of software that is highly practical for BB users on the go. I'm glad Toysoft is putting time into it and I plan to keep following the development. Thanks,
    there is no work around to integrate Location Profiler with the system profile nicely. this is because RIM does not allow developers to access the Profile app. If we could it would be a smooth integration.
    04-06-09 05:38 PM
    I am trying both Location Profiler and Profiler and they seems to over ride each other. Can you please explain how they are compatible? Also how does which program determine which profile it should be running?
    04-22-09 11:44 PM
    I am trying both Location Profiler and Profiler and they seems to over ride each other. Can you please explain how they are compatible? Also how does which program determine which profile it should be running?
    in Profiler you need to check the checkbox Bypass Location when you edit the profile.
    04-23-09 01:44 AM
    in Profiler you need to check the checkbox Bypass Location when you edit the profile.
    I am running v1.5 of Profiler and I don't see the Bypass Location checkbox. When you edit a profile, there is only the following fields:
    Name, Activate, Vib in Holster, Vib if keyboard locked, Start Profile, Start Time, End Profile, End Time and the days of the week.

What am I missing? Also if you check preferences, there is no bypass option either.

What happens if you have a calendar keyword, can that be set to bypass the Location also?
    04-23-09 02:55 PM
    I am running v1.5 of Profiler and I don't see the Bypass Location checkbox. When you edit a profile, there is only the following fields:
    Name, Activate, Vib in Holster, Vib if keyboard locked, Start Profile, Start Time, End Profile, End Time and the days of the week.

What am I missing? Also if you check preferences, there is no bypass option either.

What happens if you have a calendar keyword, can that be set to bypass the Location also?
    I believe the beta version which has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turn on/off settings has the bypass feature. The latest Beta version is 1.15 for Profiler. It still needs some refinement since I still can't get it to play nice with Location Profiler (I can't bluetooth to turn on/off at a given time - it will switch profiles though). I'm also having issues with it switching profiles during the weekend, but this may be just an issue with the Profiler beta version. I had Location Profiler disabled during the weekend and Profiler didn't switch correctly on Sunday morning as it is programmed to do; don't remember a problem with the released 1.5 stable version.

To put it simply, I don't think the current beta or stable versions work well together just yet (at least not for me). I'm not sure if there are new versions coming out soon, but I it's been awhile since a new beta version was released for either program (compared to about a month ago when it seemed that they came out weekly).

Now that I've said that, I must say that both programs are excellent; I bought both of them. I think Toysoft just needs to work a few kinks out.
    04-23-09 04:41 PM
    Great software! I love what it does, however in a heavily "towered" area it does not work very good. I have about 8 towers (cellIDs) that the phone switches on and off at my office. Even breaking them into 2 location does not work well. The only solution is make it GPS based. I suspect that most people would find that much more useful. If the radius could be adjusted that would just make this app virtually perfect (minus the RIM constraint).

Is anything like that in the works? I would love to buy the software but the limitation because of the "gazillion" towers is killing it for me.

great work on your software.
    05-08-09 11:17 AM
    Note: Location Profiler will not change the Profile if the BlackBerry� is in
    the Holster or keyboard locked. You will get a vibrate to notify you to
    unholster or unlock the device. (optionally you can use Profiler's keyboard
    locking)
    05-21-09 12:18 AM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD