Needed a simple loan calculator that worked on the Storm and found this.
    It's free and it works. The only glitch is that you'll have to use it in landscape mode so the number 1 is displayed on the keypad, and make sure this app's compatibility mode is disabled in Options|Advanced Options|Applications|Mortgage Calc

"MORTGAGE CALCULATOR (3.0.1)
    Mortgage calculator is simple and fast.
    You just enter the loan amount, loan term and Interest rate.
    Just press the button and it will calculate the amounts you have to pay.
    Really loved from BlackBerry users it works well on most phones with Java support."

It's an OTA download:
    Davide Perini - FPC Bench - Java ME (J2ME) Benchmark
    03-07-09 12:42 PM
    Nice been looking for sumthing like this come the apps coming
    03-07-09 03:13 PM
    Just one question how accurate is this ?
    03-07-09 03:20 PM
    Trust but verify.

You can compare results with this online loan calculator to see if the same:
    FREE Loan Calculator for BlackBerry Phones, iPhones, and Other Mobile Devices
    03-07-09 04:06 PM
    i am working on a storm specific loan calculator, currently it does what this app does, but i am adding more features to it than just the basic calculation.

right now mine will take loan amount, downpayment, apr and terms and give you the principal, price per month, etc.

but i want to expand it before i release it make it do more calculations and work for different kid of loans.

so keep an eye out for that.
    03-07-09 06:58 PM
    i am working on a storm specific loan calculator, currently it does what this app does, but i am adding more features to it than just the basic calculation.

right now mine will take loan amount, downpayment, apr and terms and give you the principal, price per month, etc.

but i want to expand it before i release it make it do more calculations and work for different kid of loans.

Excellent, looking forward to it.

I feature I would like to see with your app, the ability to have a blank field calculated when other info has been inputted.

Example: I enter the duration of loan, interest rate and monthly payment. Then it will calculate how much was the purchase price.

This is what the online loan calc does, FREE Loan Calculator for BlackBerry Phones, iPhones, and Other Mobile Devices.

This would be really handy when buying cars.
    03-07-09 07:11 PM
    Excellent, looking forward to it.

I feature I would like to see with your app, the ability to have a blank field calculated when other info has been inputted.

Example: I enter the duration of loan, interest rate and monthly payment. Then it will calculate how much was the purchase price.

This is what the online loan calc does, FREE Loan Calculator for BlackBerry Phones, iPhones, and Other Mobile Devices.

This would be really handy when buying cars.
    intresting idea, i will work on adding that next. you can be one of my beta testers if you want along with sourd
    03-07-09 07:14 PM
    intresting idea, i will work on adding that next. you can be one of my beta testers if you want along with sourd
    Sure, count me in! Thanks for considering the idea/feature in the first place.
    03-07-09 07:18 PM

dpsoftware is working on a professional version of this software with eye candy graphics, tons of new features and a new interesting graph comparison...

PS: You'll see it next month.

see you soon
    03-07-09 07:41 PM
    I tried to DL your app and I recieved this:

(Failed To Load Main-Class manifest attribute from C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Mortgage_Calculator.jar)

Any suggestions??
    05-29-09 07:43 AM
    Excel has a nice load calculator sheet. It gives you the amount of interest/principal per payment. I loaded that on the storm, but a quick and simple program may be easier to use.
    05-29-09 08:54 AM
    The app posted in the first post now cost 7.99$ but it became the best software for mortgage ever seen on a mobile phone
    08-30-09 08:49 AM
    I figure most people only need a loan/mortgage calculator only a couple times a year at most, at least that's my experience

Here's a couple no cost options, web based online calculators that work perfect on Storm or any mobile device.

FREE Loan Calculator for BlackBerry Phones, iPhones, and Other Mobile Devices

Mortgage and Loan calculators
    08-30-09 09:00 AM
    this is true for most people but not for realtors and mortgage brokers...
    08-30-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD