Hey guys,

I've been looking for a while now and can't figure out how I can load apps onto my BB through my PC. I have no data plan... other than BBM and email and therefore cannot load apps through my browser. Now I know that there are few apps that are applicable, but I'd at least like to load the new BBM, which I can use. Any help or advice, step by step or anything would be massively appreciated.

Cheers!
    10-24-09 09:52 PM
    Unfortunately the newest BBM is only available as an OTA download.

You may be able to have someone with the same device save the COD files for the new BBM and send them to you and you can load them through the BBSAK application for your PC.
    10-24-09 09:54 PM
    okay thanks. Can I load other apps onto my BB from the PC? Apps that don't need to connect to the browser to work? sorry for the newbie q's.
    10-24-09 10:00 PM
    Yes you can through the Desktop Manager program, there is an Add/Remove Applications options there.
    10-24-09 10:03 PM
    okay, hopefully this is my last stupid q. but through bb app world I can only find apps that load via the bb browser... how do I save them so that I can load them through my pc?

Thanks for answering so quickly and patiently I really appreciate your time.
    10-24-09 10:06 PM
    I dont think you can download them from the App Store, but you can search other resources like the CrackBerry store, and google to find alternate download locations!
    10-24-09 10:07 PM
    You will need to find applications that a have ZIP download available in order to load them via the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. There are some but not all applications have this option.

What you are going to find, however, is that many applications require a data plan in order to run, as well.
    10-25-09 02:28 PM
    There are certain apps such as Yahoo Messenger and Windows Live Messenger that still have zip files available...thats how I got them and I used Desktop Manager to put them on my bb...and they work if you only have a email/bbm data plan because they are IM just like BBM is IM.
    10-25-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD