I'm just curious about other peoples' experience with LiveProfile on their BlackBerrys. I downloaded this app several days ago after discovering it on Crackberry. So far I think it's one of the best IM apps for multi-platforms out there, and certainly the closest "BBM-like" experience for non BBM smartphone users. However, I find that it's putting a huge drain on my phone's battery after a few days of having it active in the background. This is despite their website's claim that it doesn't use your battery. My phone also seems to lag a lot more, plus I've had to resort to a number of battery pulls after my phone would freeze while I was either navigating through the app or trying to make some change in the settings.

I realize that LiveProfile is still in its infancy stages and the overall experience will improve as bugs are worked out of the system, but is anyone else experiencing the same issue? I'd like to keep this app on my phone if I can. Let me know, thanks.
    04-04-11 11:34 PM
    Uptime of their servers has been spotty - they appear to be experiencing a very rapid growth rate since making available to BB community. Other than that, I have had a very good experience with it - no noticeable battery drain or memory leak. It is very fast - comparable to BBM. I have been communicating with Andriod and Ipod devices without any issues. No file sharing yet or multiple chat but overall a pretty useable application.
    04-05-11 12:06 AM
    Laggy typing on my storm9550. Tiny battery drain nothing big.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-11 12:51 AM
    I've been using on 9780 from the early stages, I have also noticed battery drain, but I also have WhatssApp installed too. I think that is the real batter killer. I think LiveProfile is doing a good job keeping up with growth in the BB market. Bugs and mistakes are to be expected, but overall, I'm pretty happ with it.
    04-05-11 08:04 AM
    On Android: installed and deleted twice. Didst work to message with a BlackBerry user and caused battery drain.

I like the look of it. Just seems the servers are down a lot.
    04-05-11 08:07 AM
    On BB, not so great... sometimes my LED wont stop flashing even after i open up and read the message.

The count of "unread messages" in the status bar on OS 6 keeps adding up even after i read all the messages and even END Chat.

Might be better on other platforms but back to the BBM for me! nothing will ever come close to the reliability of BBM and the functionality of it
    04-05-11 08:29 AM
    I was using liveprofile but deleted the app due to the lag when you are typing a message, the notification staying on the home screen even after opening up the new message, memory leak, and sometimes when you add new contacts they don't appear on your list. Hopefully they get all the bugs worked out since its one of the better looking apps I have seen.
    04-05-11 10:20 AM
    Been pretty frustrated. Still not really clear on how to add contacts and every time I select the option of scanning my address book for contacts it completely freezes my phone and I have to do a battery pull to reset. Unless I am doing something wrong or someone can clarify how best to use the app, its going to be deleted.
    04-05-11 12:23 PM
    It's been a love/hate relationship. Overall I like the app and it works cross platformed. They are still getting the bugs out and improving so, I can't damn them yet. Had some issues but nothing too terrible. Still would like the font to be bigger or adjustable. That's probably the biggest gripe on my Style.

I just hope that once everything's worked out, RIM doesn't sue them the way the did KiK.
    04-05-11 01:07 PM
    i deleted this app today, i installed it yesterday morning, i like it but it drains my battery i have a 9700 bold and i noticed my battery is draining faster with this installed, today by lunch time my battery was almost at 50% and it was never like this without it by lunch i would have still 70-80% . anybody else having battery drainage?
    04-05-11 08:08 PM
    i deleted this app today, i installed it yesterday morning, i like it but it drains my battery i have a 9700 bold and i noticed my battery is draining faster with this installed, today by lunch time my battery was almost at 50% and it was never like this without it by lunch i would have still 70-80% . anybody else having battery drainage?
    I use to get the battery drain and that's another reason I deleted the app. Even with the new update it was not as bad but still present.
    04-06-11 10:05 AM
    I've noticed a large battery drain too. I'm actually removing it as we speak. On any given day, I can get about 2 days out of my BB 9700 before having to charge it. Yesterday, I installed LiveProfile and had one 10-message chat with a friend, and my battery completely died in 8 hours (12 noon-8 pm). It's a great app, but it's unusable unless A) they fix that battery problem, or B) you're walking around with a charger everywhere you go.
    04-06-11 10:42 AM
    I really liked LP when I was using it on Android. It was one of the few apps I missed when I switched back to BlackBerry.

I was really excited for the BB release, but since then I've given up on LP for the time being. I didn't have huge issues with battery drain; the reliability of the service was the deal-breaker for me. I just don't think LP can keep up with the flood of new users they're getting. It became really problematic for me to even send and receive messages. I think I'll give it another chance once they've had a chance to catch up.

04-06-11 11:49 AM
    Definitely the best of it's type, however it's killing my battery life.
    04-06-11 11:51 AM
    I can't even get it to load, it just freezes wenever I click the app. The only way I can unfreeze is to press the red end call button.
    04-06-11 03:54 PM
    Yeah as I posted in the other LP thread, its just not doing what its supposed to. I'm on a BB and messaging to iPhone users sucks!! They don't get the message body "text" that you sent but rather a push notification instead and then you've got to retype everything you said. Its missleading to you because in the app it says they've read it with the little "R" but that was just them opening up the app and only then can you type and they see it. Blah!! Android users are touch and go with this thing. I get that its Beta but with over a million subscribers, you'd think that they would have compensated with a near perfect release first with "some" bug fixes later. This is not a True cross platform chat app. Not to mention bug after bug and my battery taking it hard. My patience is done with it for now. So back to texting with other users. At least I know they get what I typed the first time. :P

04-06-11 11:03 PM
    The count of "unread messages" in the status bar on OS 6 keeps adding up even after i read all the messages and even END Chat.
    Yup. I've experienced the same thing. Plus the freezing. I actually uninstalled it last night but decided to give it another try today upon learning that LP had another update available.

04-06-11 11:10 PM
    I haven't had too much trouble with mine other than the battery drain and sometimes my contacts show up as unavailable for some reason. What's weird is that I have more trouble with friends who have Android here in the States, but the ones who have it overseas I have been messaging with no problem lol

A bit buggy but I think it is getting better with every update. Still really like it as a way to communicate with friends overseas. For now will wait until they have things perfected till I use it full-time with my contacts here.
    04-06-11 11:18 PM
    Killed my battery, and any app that does that gets promptly deleted.
    04-07-11 11:42 AM
    Hi has anyone with the BB torch experienced any freezing with application permission. I keep getting an error stating "the application LP has requested a file connection to listen to messages" if I click on either allow or deny it just freezes right there and am forced to reboot.
    04-08-11 01:27 PM
    i wouldnt say it kills my battery life but its def. noticable that it uses a lot. Its buggy though. not very many settings and i cant clear the status updates or what not. Not anywhere close to BBM but it will do for my iphone/android friends.
    04-09-11 04:51 PM
    Got rid of it because of the battery drain issue
    04-09-11 10:50 PM
    I am on 9700, the battery drain is terrible, and my phone keeps rebooting on its own. Anybody have this problem?
    04-18-11 06:16 PM
    I like it so far, I've been using it about a week. I haven't noticed much of a battery drain like others have. The only I miss is beinh able to share pictures. I'm sure that's planned for futire releases though.

04-18-11 06:59 PM
    Working great for me on my Torch. Haven't noticed any battery drain issues.
    04-18-11 07:19 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD