Hello All, I'm looking for a little advice from the CB Community. Here is the story:

Three days ago I downloaded Berry Weather based on the reviews and comments. Since I downloading to my Curve 8520 it has yet to work. I keep getting a strange error message, but that is not what I need help with. I contacted the App developer via the link given [email protected] with the following text:

Dear Bellshare,

I have tried, unsuccessfully, for three days now to get your application to work. I continually receive an error message saying that I am attempting to be both inside and outside the firewall, even though the firewall is turned off on my Curve 8520 BlackBerry. I have examined the forums and apparently I am not the only one receiving this error. As such if you cannot resolve the issue I would like to request a refund for the application.

Your application has gotten consistently high ratings and I would love to have this app on my phone. Thank you very much for your time and attention and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Here is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting Bellshare support.

If you are having problems with your activation code for a Bellshare product please visit Bellshare - Activation Code Support
    There you will be able to recover a lost activation code or request a new activation code in case you are getting error messages when entering your code. In addition you will be able to transfer your license to a new device.

For technical questions, issues and bug reports visit our forums at www.bellshare.com • Index page

We appreciate all submitted feedback, suggestions and ideas. Due to the amount of feedback we get you may not receive a response. Please be assured that we consider every suggestion. Your feedback is very important to us!

This is an automated message. If you need further assistance with your activation please contact a customer service representative directly by sending an e-mail to [email protected]

Now here is my dilemma, should I have gotten an actual response or a form letter telling me to now contact them through a totally separate email address or visit a forum? I had already done what they suggested in their response or I wouldn't have needed to contact them at all. Maybe it is just me, but this is not what I expected, an email telling me to generate another email or visit the forums that I have already visited. Am I wrong here or is this the way support works in the BlackBerry world?

Thanks for allowing me to ask (vent) and I hope everyone has a Happy New Year.
    12-30-09 07:37 PM
    Doesn't seem like exactly the right response, but at least they told you what to do next. I'd just cut/paste what you posted from your original email and send it to customerservice@.
    12-30-09 07:41 PM
    as I stated, I had already done everything they suggested in the email prior to sending them my request. It just seems very strange that they offer no support other than the forums, which have yet to answer the issue from several other posters besides me who are having the same exact error message. There appears to be no other recourse except to submit for a refund, though I really wish they would tell us how to resolve the issue as I really like the looks of this application. I guess I will look for another weather app that will work.
    12-30-09 07:50 PM
    that was an automatic response as it says it is. someone will get back to you. as for your problem have you tried turning your firewall off and then try downloading berryweather?
    12-30-09 08:51 PM
    that was an automatic response as it says it is. someone will get back to you. as for your problem have you tried turning your firewall off and then try downloading berryweather?
    The firewall has been off since unlocking the phone several weeks ago. It was turned off during the download and install, and I have done a battery pull as that was something I knew to do after an earlier experience with another app that required a battery pull after installation. I used QuickPull initially, but when that didn't help, I actually did a physical battery pull, with no effect. Thanks for replying. I know this is the Holiday season so I will give the company a chance to return to work within the next week or so, and then hopefully they will respond and give me a clue.
    12-30-09 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD