Hi. Since installing opera mini 5 beta, any link in a email or txt is launching opera 5 to open the link - almost like it's the default browser...
    Anyone else???

I use opera exlusively apart from OTA's so this would suit me perfect...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 03:14 AM
    Uhhh... since the default browser isn't capable of being changed, I don't quite see how this could happen...
    09-16-09 03:18 AM
    Me neither.. I've dine a batt pull. Now those links that are highlighted blue in a mail open the BB browser and those that are black normal txt. Or a link I type in is opened by opera 5. I know it sounds unlikely etc, but I'm not new to this and I know what I'm seeing so...? You or anyone want to try typing a url into a txt, saving it then re-open it click the link and see what happens...?

8900 running 4.6.1.250

09-16-09 03:27 AM
    Yeah, I really like Opera (admittedly only had it for a morning) but I'm not sure I like it assuming I wasnt to use it all the time for opening links etc.

Need a Blackberry genius to find the setting we need to change to put it back to normal...

EDIT: OK, thats odd I just mailed myself a link and now it opened in the Blackberry browser.
    Last edited by MrMark; 09-16-09 at 03:41 AM.
    09-16-09 03:36 AM
    But SMS still uses Opera
    09-16-09 04:10 AM
    When you highlight a link and click on it, the menu opens with option to open in Opera Mini

Just realized the original "get link" is gone that would open in native broswer and this is the only option.
    Last edited by jgutie6634; 09-16-09 at 04:53 AM.
    09-16-09 04:33 AM
    Same thing is happening to me on my Bold. I can't get my facebook email links to open in the bb browser, which is a HUGE deal breaker for me, since Opera can't handle these links properly. I had to uninstall. Too bad, the rest of it was great.

I hope they fix this in the official release.

09-16-09 03:16 PM
    Same thing is happening to me on my Bold. I can't get my facebook email links to open in the bb browser, which is a HUGE deal breaker for me, since Opera can't handle these links properly. I had to uninstall. Too bad, the rest of it was great.

I hope they fix this in the official release.

Yeah I have noticed that links from emails frm CB will open in Opera only, some other emails i have gotten have open in BB browser. Weird!
    09-16-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD