Now live in app world.... downloading now.
    03-29-10 11:05 PM
    Is this working for anyone? I can install it but I get an error when I go to log in.
    03-29-10 11:28 PM
    loaded/signed in fine for me
    03-29-10 11:35 PM
    I'm not really feeling how you can't completely close out of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 02:06 AM
    having the same problem. Can install, but signing in causes an error msg.
    03-30-10 02:09 AM
    Yeah, it seems that it is ALWAYS open. I was hoping it would function more like the Facebook app, I don't need it to be open all the time.
    03-30-10 08:02 AM
    Ok...

who was waiting something along the lines facebook/myspace/twitter app, with suport for... BIS !!!!

cant believe its not there..

now in south america, we can only use it with wifi.....

FAIL #1

oh, wait, it has to have its icon open all the time...

FAIL #2

this looks like its NOT made by rim, and the devs. missed the super apps and how to correctly run in background concepts...
    03-30-10 10:51 AM
    I have uninstalled it for now. It only connects infrequently when I'm using wifi. To clarify-If wifi is on, it will occasionally sign in. If wifi is off, it will never sign in.

It cannot be shut down, and runs in the background constantly.

What I saw when it did work was very good. I'll reinstall after they release an update.
    03-30-10 12:03 PM
    The linkedin app took over the facebook contacts linkage. Even after I uninstall the linkedin, I can't get back facebook to link to my contacts.

04-01-10 11:13 AM
    I installed LinkedIn app late yesterday onto Verizon Curve 8330. I had none of the reported problems logging in & it asked if I wanted to link it to my contacts. (I said yes, although it sure would be nice if I knew what that meant.)

The interface is similar to the Facebook app. (For as long as this app's been in the works, you'd think they would have completely reinvented the wheel here.)

The developers seem overly enamoured with their icons though. They're huge, so combined with the fat title band, they take up 1 1/4 cm of a 3 3/4 cm high screen.

When you 'highlight' one of the 6 icons at the top, each will show you what it does: network updates, search, connections, invitations, messages, and... I dunno what the last one does. It doesn't have any box that tells you what it does and it doesn't do anything when you click it. Aptly enough, the icon is a head with a ? next to it. So they don't know either, obviously.

The updating seems slow.

I clicked the Connections icon last night, it got to 99% updated, showed a perpetual hourglass, then I got a white screen of death app error. I was able to reproduce the same scenario, so clearly there's a bug in the program.

Bottom line: I'm uninstalling it. Very disappointed. I'm a big LinkedIn user & I live on my Blackberry. Why the 2 entities that are so heavily used by business people can't get their collective heads together to design a workable app is a mystery. I fear that near-term updates will all be built on this framework & we'll be burdened with a bad core of code.
    04-01-10 03:48 PM
    Anyone know how to get your contacts back? The LinkedIn app took over my Facebook contacts - even after I uninstalled? Very frustrating.
    04-14-10 11:59 AM
    The most annoying complaint I have with it, is that even when you "Sign out" and "Close" the app, it stays running in the background.

Has anyone else noticed this annoying "feature"?
    04-15-10 09:56 AM
    I just downloaded the updated version, and was hoping they'd fix the "always running" problem, but I was very disappointed. The UI isn't nice either.

06-07-10 04:15 PM
    This app has a major memory leak in the Storm version

06-07-10 08:47 PM
    This app has a major memory leak in the Storm version

I hate to tell you this, but everything leaks with the Storm, especially if you use anything beside the default theme.

I went from the original Curve to the Storm and then Storm2 and now I'm using the Curve2 (8530).

I find it's much easier for me to type on the Curve2 keyboard than the Storm or Storm2. Overall, the Storm2 did perform 1000% better than the Storm.
    08-23-10 11:07 AM
    Actually it's the app not the Storm2 that's the issue. I had the Storm 2 and nothing I had leaked except this app. I have 10-15 themes, 40 plus 3rd party apps, and lots of other stuff on there and that phone held up pretty well. This app was recently updated but still needs work, more of a web version than a actual app.
    08-23-10 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD