For the last few weeks I've been creating a new website. It started as a personal project for my Blackberry Storm but I've decided to make it public.

The website allows you to create a list (Phone List, Groceries, To Do, Fuel Consumption, etc) and have it accessible from any web-enabled device. It is really more like a limited spreadsheet because it can perform calculations. No more losing scraps of paper or post-its. Your lists can be formatted, sorted and shared with others if you choose. The best thing is that the list is accessible from your Blackberry, computer or any other web-enabled device since it’s web based.

Please give it a shot and let me know what you think. If you find errors please let me know and I will correct it ASAP.

GAPList

Screen shots
    Untitled Document
    Last edited by warp929; 06-05-09 at 08:52 AM.
    06-05-09 08:46 AM
    Looks really cool, great idea.
    06-05-09 02:39 PM
    For the last few weeks I've been creating a new website. It started as a personal project for my Blackberry Storm but I've decided to make it public.

The website allows you to create a list (Phone List, Groceries, To Do, Fuel Consumption, etc) and have it accessible from any web-enabled device. It is really more like a limited spreadsheet because it can perform calculations. No more losing scraps of paper or post-its. Your lists can be formatted, sorted and shared with others if you choose. The best thing is that the list is accessible from your Blackberry, computer or any other web-enabled device since it�s web based.

Please give it a shot and let me know what you think. If you find errors please let me know and I will correct it ASAP.

GAPList

Screen shots
    Untitled Document
    Great idea. Thanks for sharing. I just signed up.
    THKS
    06-05-09 03:09 PM
    Signed up last night and just entered some data. As long as the server is stable and I don't lose my data it looks like an awesome application.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 12:30 AM
    Thanks for the compliments.

The database should be stable. It's on an MS SQL Server hosted on Godaddy. I've had my 3Built LLC - Remote Engine Shut-offs and Kill Switches website on there for years.
    06-06-09 08:44 AM
    One problem I seem to be having - Named column 1 'date" then went to the edit format screen and tried to change the format to date and all it will let me select is none.
    06-06-09 09:48 AM
    One problem I seem to be having - Named column 1 'date" then went to the edit format screen and tried to change the format to date and all it will let me select is none.
    I couldn't replicate the problem but I did find a minor syntax error. Hopefully that corrected the issue. If not maybe you can send me a print screen of the the problem so I can try to isolate it. Email me: help(at)gaplist.com
    Thank you.
    06-06-09 11:29 AM
    Whatever you did fixed it!

Mike
    06-06-09 06:50 PM
    Whatever you did fixed it!

Mike
    Cool. Glad to hear it's working now.
    06-07-09 10:56 AM
    Well, it's been a few more days and the site seems to be solid. No more issues have come up. It's really a useful site so please come on over, take a look and help me get the word out.
    06-10-09 12:16 AM
    Just added a few more functions to the site. The main one being the ability to automatically log-in. Just go to the User Control Panel and activate it.

I also started an Update list so people can check on any new features that have been added.
    06-26-09 02:43 PM
    I released several new enhancements today.
    1) Automatic logins through cookies
    2) Automatic login through encrypted URL
    3) Checking and unchecking of items in list
    09-23-09 02:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD