Hey guys,

Absolute newb here, figured I'd post a thread about the app myself and friend have developed - LightUp.

Basically it illuminates your device screen on receiving new notifications such as; text messages, email, BBM, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and WhatsApp.

I'm not allowed to post links yet - but if you search on Appworld for 'Light Up' you should find it...

Hope you guys like it and find it useful

And hope this isn't bad practice...

Tired of just a tiny red light to inform you that you have new text/email/notifications?

Then LightUp your BlackBerry!

LightUp illuminates your device screen when receiving new notifications;

• Text Messages
    • Email
    • BlackBerry Messenger
    • Facebook
    • Twitter (DM and New Tweets)
    • MySpace

LightUp has an active/inactive option. Quickly revert back to default flashing red light mode for privacy/formal events etc.

LightUp is customisable;

• You choose which notification types you want your screen illuminated for, and which you do not.

• You choose the duration of screen illumination and brightness level.
    09-30-11 11:30 AM
    Here is the link for those interested.
    Buy Light Up - Download Light Up - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

I have some questions please:
    The description states...
    LightUp has an active/inactive option. Quickly revert back to default flashing red light mode for privacy/formal events etc.
    Is this an either/or application? Does the LED become disabled using this? I use BerryBuzz and would like to have my flashing LED complimented with something like this. Preferably using the same colors as my LED. What color is the "illumination"? Can this be color customized, especially for specific type of alerts?

From the description...
    LightUp illuminates your device screen when receiving new notifications.
    Does the illumination take full focus on the screen like a colored wallpaper? Does it present itself in the backround as a type of opacity? I would like to know how this would effect the use of wallpaper changers.

It also states...
    we'll do our best to resolve any issues in the next FREE upgrade!
    Are you working on only a next and final upgrade? Or, will there be continued upgrades for the life of the product?

TIA
    09-30-11 02:32 PM
    Hey, thanks for the link

By either or do you mean on/off? If so, yes... You can turn the function off and revert to standard quickly and easily.

Screen illumination is not a colour - it simply lights up your home screen as if you'd pressed 'back' a couple times but obviously with your 'new' notification icons present up top.

The red LED remains when app is both on and off.

I'm not sure what you mean by wallpaper changers?

There will be continued upgrades for the life of the product, the more feedback we get from the product - the more we can add/improve it.

Hope this info helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 02:57 PM
    No problem.
    By either or do you mean on/off?
    No. I was asking does the LED become disabled using this? I use BerryBuzz. I gather my question is answered below in general, but I am asking about using this with another LED app.
    Screen illumination is not a colour - it simply lights up your home screen as if you'd pressed 'back' a couple times but obviously with your 'new' notification icons present up top.
    So, it basically turns the screen backlight on then?
    The red LED remains when app is both on and off.
    OK, so you're saying it does not effect the use of BerryBuzz?
    I'm not sure what you mean by wallpaper changers?
    Wallapaper Changer | ShaoSoft
    There will be continued upgrades for the life of the product, the more feedback we get from the product - the more we can add/improve it.
    Thank you.
    09-30-11 03:12 PM
    Yep, it basically turns your backlight on when new notifications come in.

I don't see why it couldn't be used in tandem with BerryBuzz and the wallpaper changer - it only affects the backlight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 03:33 PM
    Yep, it basically turns your backlight on when new notifications come in.
    Ok then. I already have 2 backlight utilities. LeaveItOn and BerryPopUp. If this is the only function, I'll pass; however, I'm sure there may be others interested.

Thanks for the answers.
    Good Luck with your release!
    09-30-11 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD