I know this has been discussed a lot but I figured we should have an actual discussion on the very important apps for users. I know u can google best bb curve apps but who are they based on ? Exactly. We don't know. So let's all add our true opinion and name ur top five fav apps. Free or not for the curve. Jump in if ur bored and let everyone know what apps are very important to u. Including games of course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 05:50 PM
    Cubs.com Launcher :P
    Pandora Radio
    Sprint Navigation
    Google Maps/Gmail
    Yahoo Mail
    05-03-09 05:54 PM
    QuickLaunch
    Slacker
    QuickPull
    PodTrapper
    Got-2
    05-03-09 06:00 PM
    Pandora
    Gmail
    Google maps
    Ubertwiitter
    Viigo
    Facebook

05-03-09 06:04 PM
    Slacker
    CB Launcher
    Weathereye
    Bloomberg
    QuickPull
    Ubertwitter
    05-03-09 06:12 PM
    wall street journal app
    google maps
    browser
    05-03-09 06:50 PM
    Good idea, but let's start posting the reasons why we use them instead of just saying we do. Also posting if they're free or not would be groovy.

Viigo - free - RSS feeds with custom channels and ebooks too

Facebook - free - facebook!

Gmail and Google sync - free - get your gmail contacts and email on your BB

CBLauncher - free - launches crackberry forums!

Beyond411 - free - 411 info and directions as well as local listings

05-03-09 07:06 PM
    Pandora
    Crackberry Launcher
    Bolt
    Superpages
    Weathereye
    Yahoo Go!

05-03-09 07:08 PM
    I didn't know yahoo go worked on curve. Interesting. Also when u guys say gmail. Do u mean an email account or is there a gmail app ?

05-03-09 08:55 PM
    There is a gmail app but all it does is launch gmail.

05-03-09 09:03 PM
    1. Crackberry launcher
    2. Slacker
    3. Facebook
    4. Myspace
    5. Opera Mini
    05-03-09 09:04 PM
    1.FML launcher
    2. Facebook
    3.Quickpull
    4.Pandora
    5.Capture it

05-03-09 09:39 PM
    1. GymTechnik Launcher which I made using BBlaunch (at the gym 6 days a week) FREE
    2. Ascendo Money to track bank accounts, investments and credit cards - 29.99 from Crackberry Store
    3. WeatherEye - Free
    4. Mobipocket Reader I read at least a book a day - Free
    5. Tiny Twitter have to keep track of those tweets - Free
    05-03-09 10:30 PM
    [QUOTE=curve1967;2463503]
    4. Mobipocket Reader I read at least a book a day - Free
    /QUOTE]

Is this free, and have to pay for the books?
    05-03-09 11:02 PM
    [QUOTE=Baconated;2463787Is this free, and have to pay for the books?[/QUOTE]

Both Mobipocket Reader and Creator are free apps. Import a file (doc, txt, rtf, html) into either program and it creates a mobipocket format that you can sync to you BBerry. You can find the newest books by doing a Torrent search or on mIRC.
    You can also pay and download books from mobipocket.com
    05-03-09 11:07 PM
    Ubertwitter - Free - my favorite twitter app
    Twibble - Free - for my second twitter acct (still waiting on my social scope invite I here you will be able to manage multiple accts with it)
    CB Launcher - Free - launch crackberry
    Wall Street Journal - Free -
    Google Mobile apps - Free - I mainly use to access my G Reader for my feeds but it also has gmail, calendar, news etc...
    WeatherBugDirect - Free - gotta know the weather
    Nascar Sprint Cup Mobile - Free on Sprint - love this one for listening to in car audio during NASCAR races.
    iScoot - Free - I mainly use this for the Skype chat and haven't tried to use skype calls with it yet.
    Gtalk - Free - best IM I have used
    Desktop Manager - Free - need I say more? I sync my outlook through this as well.
    Bank of America Mobile - Free - I have 5 accounts (3business and 2 personal) with B of A and I just discovered this app so will have to update on if I like it but was excited when I found it.

OK I broke the rules and posted more than 5 but I couldn't help it, I love apps (especially free ones).

05-04-09 12:16 AM
    wow, good responses..

for me

A. NOT FREE $4.99 - quick launch, cant live without it. It's comparable to TiVo for me, if god came down tomorrow and removed Tivo's from this earth, i would crumble.

B. FREE eBuddy - i know a lot of people dont use this, but I havent really done any research on other "faster" aim messengers...so I stick with eBuddy (anyone recomment a better (free) one?

C. FREE Quickpull, this goes without a description. Necessary for any bb user.

D. FREE I-Heart-Radio - Great app, add favorites, get lyrics, and get local radio. I use it at work a lot and hook it up to my desktop speakers

E. FREE google maps, not for the GPS since it's disabled, but for its search function on local POI. Yes BB maps is good too, but I think google is faster, and finds more places. Then i just copy the address and put it into BB maps.

F. NOT FREE COPY ALL - VERY important app for me. The ability to hit 1 button and copy the entire text/email is great....and so much better than hitting select, scrolling like a mad man to select your text before forwarding or copying an email into an SMS..etc

G. FREE - BEYOND 411 - the absolute best app for searching stores/locations (ie. Anything) and getting a phone number and address within seconds. customizable locations so when you are at work or home, you can choose where you are so your local search is truly a local search.
    05-06-09 11:17 PM
    F. NOT FREE COPY ALL - VERY important app for me. The ability to hit 1 button and copy the entire text/email is great....and so much better than hitting select, scrolling like a mad man to select your text before forwarding or copying an email into an SMS..etc

select, "b"(botton), done
    05-07-09 12:24 AM
    Iheartradio- to listen to my shows when I'm in radio dead zones and can't pick 'em up on the truck Stereo. Helps that they just replaced my old radio with one that has an aux port.

CB launcher- I post 99.9% of the time from my BB, and the mobile site makes life so much easier. I back this up with Opera Mini so that I can see the full site without clogging up my BB.

Google Mobile- self explanatory, and the voice search comes in very handy. And, with the latest iteration, it tells me exactly which ZIP code I'm in based on GPS, which makes local searches a snap.

Google Maps- Der, I drive for a living.

Weather Channel- with Severe Weather Alerts, I have been able to call my family during a weather emergency so they could take shelter, and helps me with my daily travel planning.

Last edited by BergerKing; 05-07-09 at 12:47 AM.
    05-07-09 12:44 AM
    I don't think I've bought an app yet - so mine are free.
    What do I use almost daily?

Vlingo - love the hands free dictation - got the newest version, but need to figure out how to incorporate it with my other daily favorite...

Google Maps - constantly using it with my GPS to find the nearest Target, Perkins (purchasing muffins & cookies for the classes I teach outside the community), etc. I've been using the *tracker* if I'm out of town, so my 7yo can look on the map at home to see where Mom is.

Facebook - when I'm on a FB roll, it is very handy. This is not updated to the new version - my calendar has issues that Gmail f'd up and I haven't made the time to fix. Heard that the new FB app can mess with the calendar.

Opera Mini - my BB is not work-issued & OM is the only way I can log into my work exchange server. BB Browser doesn't like the URL & keeps looping

I'm going to try the NWSInteractive - or the new NWS app created by a CBmember. I work in Emergency Preparedness & HATEHATEHATE the Weather Channel's app.
    05-15-09 10:44 AM
    PS - I am looking for a good money managing app (that's free)... I want to try and keep a closer eye on my funds...
    Download Personal Assistant from the App Store- I swear by it.

My 5:
    1- Personal Assistant: watch my account balances- bank, credit and phone.
    2- Facebook
    3- Poynt
    4- Weatherberry
    5- Google Maps

05-15-09 11:13 AM
    for me:

1. Opera Mini
    2. Viigo
    3. iHeart Radio
    4. BBWeather
    5. Capture it
    05-15-09 11:37 AM
    1. Opera Mini - free - just a great alternative browser. The bb browser is great when away from a computer. But opera allows me to view full html pages when I'm in need. Great page rendering also.

2. Pandora Radio- free - my favorite radio app! Tried slacker for a LONG time but padora is better. Reason I prefer it because of how smart it is at music selection.

3. UberTwitter- free - great twitter app with most of the options you'd find on the website.

4. Media - free - I know its a native app but I love it and use it everyday. Listening to my tracks, constructing playlists and watching videos.

5. BB Weather- free - like being able to see the weather on my homescreen. Everybody needs to see what the forecast looks like.

05-15-09 12:58 PM
    Fox News alert and tvGuide
    05-15-09 01:01 PM
    Mine:

opera mini - love the browser
    ubertwitter - so much better than twitterberry or tiny twitter
    mobipocket - love having my book with me everywhere!
    Google maps - so helpful when I'm not in my car and need directions
    my alarm - not perfect, but it's a pretty good alternative
    05-15-09 01:19 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD