I have a BB Torch 9850 and am having the damnest time dowloading the app the past couple of days.
    12-05-11 02:40 PM
    Answered my own question but not the answer I wanted:

By your description of the Vlingo application home screen, it seems that Vlingo Plus is successfully set up on your BlackBerry device.

In regards to using the convenience key to activate Vlingo, please be aware that you must hold down the convenience key in order to prompt Vlingo to listen. There is no other button, key, option, etc. on the phone that you can use to activate Vlingo. Furthermore, the convenience key must be set to "Do Nothing" or "Nothing". If your BlackBerry device hass two convenience keys, you can choose which one you would like to use with Vlingo by setting that convenience key (i.e. left or right) to "Do Nothing" or "Nothing". If your BlackBerry only has one convenience key, that side key will have to be set up to be used with Vlingo (i.e. "Do Nothing" or "Nothing").

With that said, you cannot have the side key that you want to use to activate Vlingo set to "Camera" when trying to use Vlingo. The only work around to this predicament is to change the convenience key to "Do Nothing" or "Nothing" when you want to use Vlingo and change it back to "Camera" when you are done using Vlingo. Obviously, this can be an inconvenience, but, unfortunately, there is no other work around.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Best regards,

Ari
    Vlingo Support
    I pretty much got the same reply, and I replied by asking them why they can use a phone key on the Droid, as it has no convenience key? We will have to see how they respond to that?
    12-06-11 04:45 AM
    I pretty much got the same reply, and I replied by asking them why they can use a phone key on the Droid, as it has no convenience key? We will have to see how they respond to that?
    Got the response:

Hello

We regret that we are unable to provide specific details of our upcoming product plans until the products are announced or released. Nonetheless, we are constantly adding new features to our product line and consider many factors when deciding which features to build. One of the factors we consider is requests from our customers. We�ve made a note of your request to have Vlingo activate without using the convenience key, and this will be reviewed by our product team.

We appreciate your feedback and hope you will continue to provide us with any comments/insights/suggestions/concerns that arise regarding Vlingo.
    12-07-11 05:30 AM
    This is why I'm not going to be using vlingo. I use the side key all the time for camera.
    Vlingo is amazing. You are missing out.

You can still use the side key to launch the camera. Just hold it and say "camera" and Vlingo will open the camera app. In fact you can say the names of any core apps. "Browser", "tasks", "camera", "calculator", "notes", "contacts", "email", "SMS". These all work to open the respective apps. In fact there are probably lots of other terms that work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    It never fails to amaze me just how totally anal some can be! When I first got my Torch, I set up the single convenience key for "Camera." Then I found QuickLaunch, which took the key for itself, but I just put "Camera" into the QL menu, worked great - especially with the expanded functionality of QL. Then I found SixTools, and returned Camera to a key - the volume-down key. Very good! Then, a few weeks ago I installed Vlingo, which took the convenience key, so I moved QL to the volume-down key, and camera to the volume-up key using SixTools. Works great, especially with the expanded functionality provided by Vlingo! Sure, for a few days I found myself reflexively hitting the wrong button until I got re-acclimated, but the change was most definitely worth it.
    Last edited by DallasFlier; 12-07-11 at 02:40 PM.
    12-07-11 02:34 PM
    Seems if you use the convenience key for Vlingo and PTT it is not an issue, I am not sure of other functions?

I found out using Vlingo with PTT on my Bold 9930 is not all that bad. I can set the convenience key to "do nothing" if I get an incoming PTT, I can reply with the same key. When the conversation is over and I push the button again later, it brings up Vlingo. So on "do nothing" it will alternate to PTT as needed.

Another easy way to initiate the PTT call, is to go to the PTT app and open, once a contact is selected the key goes to PTT and still works fine as Vlingo from the home screen with no setting adjustments.
    12-08-11 04:02 PM
    I am using MediaKeyBooster app that gives me 16 convenience keys out of the media keys.
    It is fine that now Vlingo takes the conveneince key.

MediaKeyBooster, when combined with my macros in Shortcutme, also automatically logs me in by entering my blackberry password when I click the media keys in the order I have set it to unlock.
    12-10-11 11:14 AM
    I also found out if you open camera with Vlingo, the convenience key works for taking pictures as well, and defaults back to do nothing when you exit camera.
    12-10-11 11:54 AM
    Is Vlingo ever going to have a audio response option? Like if i say
    " whats the weather for Atlanta Georgia" can it repsond by voice instead of taking me to a website or a page to where i actually have to look at my phone? that would be a really nice feature.
    12-10-11 10:11 PM
    Vlingo is unfortunately not designed to work like Siri. In the future from what I read there will be some apps that function like siri but I doubt vlingo will ever incorporate that into their app.They are not going to attempt to compete with the iphone and Siri.
    12-11-11 02:06 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD