So I made the jump from my Storm 1 to the Droid X and contacted MobiHand to see if any of the applications I purchased were also made to run on android platform, and none of them do. Basically I am thinking I can plug someone else's PIN into my account and then send you the OTA links via email. PM me with your best offer.

I have the following applications:
    • BerryWeather - Weather in Style OS 5.0
    • BerryPopup - E-Mail and SMS Notifications with Preview OS 5.0
    • BerryBuzz
    • QuickLaunch
    • MeterBerry - The Ultimate System Management Utility
    • BerryJuice
    • Aerize Email Alerts - Email / SMS Popup Notifications
    • BerrySlider (Slide to Unlock) Blackberry Storm 9500, 9530 / 9800
    • Iconify [15-Link-Version] - Create Web- Dial- Mail- & File Links directly on your HomeScreen
    • OnTheSnow.com Ski/Snow Reports OS 4.7+ TouchScreen
    • PatternLock
    • 4-In-A-Row for BlackBerry Touchscreen
    • acceloDex
    • ASAP - For Storm
    • BatteryBooster (TM)
    • Beyond160 for OS 4.7, 5.0
    • e-GPS
    • EZ Her Calendar (with reminder) Touch screen (Storm)
    • Kama Sutra for the Blackberry
    • Sexy Dice for BB Storm
    • StormLock

I have the following paid for themes:
    • LaneberryWB
    • BeDroid Storm 5.0 Hidden Today (No Stop Turning!)
    • BeNexus Storm 5.0 (No Stop Turning!)
    • BePhone Storm / Storm 2 OS 5.0
    • Blackberry Future
    • Blackberry OS 6.0 - Black Version - Padgoi
    • BT Design Real Hero theme v2.2 New features! for storm 95xx(5.0OS) BerryWeather Edtion
    • Evo Hybrid H2o Storm and Storm2 Ready!!! 10 Icon Version
    • Genesis STORM - OS 5.0
    • iVista 360 Storm - OS 4.7 (w/Lock Tilt App)
    • PinkSteel
    • Real iBerry Blocks Custom L 2.0 STORM - OS 5.0
    • SteelBerry
    • SteelBerry V2
    • STORM Today Plus / Dual SLIDING DOCK Hidden - OS 5.0
    • Storm Zoom CrossBar Plus Xtreme Popup (Email Alert Popup) - OS 4.7
    • Streamline for BlackBerry Storm
    08-04-10 01:06 PM
    You're not permitted to resell them...the license on the apps you purchased only applies to you.
    08-04-10 01:51 PM
    might as well hang onto them. went through the same thing, came back to BB a month later.
    08-04-10 01:52 PM
    Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think there may be a few problems with this...

You may be able to switch the device PIN numbers for the apps, but as far as I know, you cannot provide the actual links because they are directly connected to mobihand servers, where they would ask to purchase them again.

Also, the purchaser is forced to take all of the apps. Someone may already have half of the apps listed, and wouldn't have a need for the rest. Mobihand will only offer a limited number of device switches. They also will not switch portions of the account and leave the rest. At least not currently. It's all apps or nothing.

Finally, if the process could be done, it would only be a 1 time thing. The end user would have to have total access to your mobihand account if they ever wanted to download the apps at a later date for whatever reason. Are you willing to provide your user name and password?

I think Barrist may be correct, the wayward always seem to come back home...
    08-04-10 02:07 PM
    Glad I could help in the other thread. If you can transfer them individually let me know, I dont need them all (somehow I don't think you can ).
    08-04-10 02:12 PM
    I would think I could just request a pin change and also change my email listed in the account to who ever wants the applications, and then could use the send to phone via email option to let them pick whatever applications of mine they may want. I know one thing it would have to be one person as it is linked to the BB PIN.

I am actually on my mobihand account right now to see if I can delete of my personal information - ie debit card information and make it so if John/Jane Smith want my apps, I can plug in his/her information into my account then they can choose to dl whatever apps they want and just leave the rest.
    08-04-10 02:21 PM
    might as well hang onto them. went through the same thing, came back to BB a month later.
    Myself as well....
    08-04-10 03:20 PM
    You can sell your interest in the apps. As far as I know, there's nothing illegal about that. See, you own one copy of the app you bought as personal intangible property, and you can do with that one copy what you wish.
    In this case, because of the way mobihand is set up, you can't sell apps individually because you are not devested of your interest by changing the pin and emailing passwords/ota links. It is legal for you to sell your access to your mobihand account; I'm not sure if that's against their terms of use, but even if it is, you can still legally do it (and they could legally close the account lol).

Barrist is right though. I'd hang on to it, for a little while.
    08-04-10 03:31 PM
    I am pretty sure it will be just one person I can switch them over to by changing my PIN to theirs on the website and then the activation codes will all be linked to their PIN. I am thinking that if I can find someone interested in at least 5 of the apps/themes and the rest can just sit there for them to access in the future if they choose to or not.

I have been without BB for 3 weeks now and honestly see no reason to come back, surprisingly I thought email push from work would have been slower but its not, its actually quicker. I do miss BBM but some of my BBM peeps have Gtalk which surprisingly BB had a better version of, but it's no big deal.

I just really think it's a waste to have these applications go unused. My friend has the Storm 2 but she has no clue how to use it and didn't even know that it came with multiple screen displays of 1, 2, 3 rows or today view, nor did she know she can hide applications she does not use.
    Last edited by stacyadell; 08-04-10 at 04:55 PM.
    08-04-10 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD