Ok... I found one in AppWorld but wondered if there were any that were free, other than the TinCan one. I want to be able to assign a color per contact and enable vibration + ring. I have searched all over this website and it is quite possible that I'm just blind and completely overlooking it.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks! :-D
    10-26-09 04:21 PM
    I'd be surprised if anyone wrote an app that does all of that for free...
    10-26-09 04:31 PM
    Yeah, I thought the same thing but I thought maybe that by chance, I'd get lucky! Even if it isn't free but not $20, lol. I can swing a few bucks. :-p
    10-26-09 05:26 PM
    Nothing that does all that for free, but as far as free stuff goes berrybuzz and buzzme are good apps for led colors+vib
    10-26-09 05:45 PM
    You will need a combo of 2 apps to do what you want neither are free.

First for the different led colors for different contacts you need colorID. The free verson only allows you to set up cudtome led cokors for 2 contacts

The other app you will want is berrybuzz or buzzme. Personally I like berrybuzz better because you can set up custom led colors for things like sms I'm programs (yahoo,msn, bmm and aim) each one having a ddifferent color
    Borh berry buzz and colorid together I want to say will be under 10 bucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 06:00 PM
    That's wonderful! Thank you very much, Timelessblur. That's EXACTLY what I want. I like the idea of having a different color/sound etc for each thing so I know whether to run for my phone or not or in the middle of the night.
    10-26-09 06:25 PM
    I have berrybuzz...love it!

10-26-09 10:19 PM
    You will need a combo of 2 apps to do what you want neither are free.

First for the different led colors for different contacts you need colorID. The free verson only allows you to set up cudtome led cokors for 2 contacts

The other app you will want is berrybuzz or buzzme. Personally I like berrybuzz better because you can set up custom led colors for things like sms I'm programs (yahoo,msn, bmm and aim) each one having a ddifferent color
    Borh berry buzz and colorid together I want to say will be under 10 bucks

Berrybuzz does vibrate+ring and custom led's

all for 5.95 on crackberry store
    10-26-09 11:39 PM
    Ok... I found one in AppWorld but wondered if there were any that were free, other than the TinCan one. I want to be able to assign a color per contact and enable vibration + ring.
    Berry Buzz alone and Buzz Me do not allow you to assign a LED color combination to specific contacts. AFAIK you need to purchase Smart Alerts in addition to Berry Buzz to be able to do this @ a cost; close to $11.

We offer a free version of Color ID that will allow you to classify your contacts into 2 groups. If you would like to have an unlimited number of color combinations for contacts and/or groups of contacts, you will need to upgrade the app to our paid version for $6. There is no 'trial period' for our free version, so if you really only need to differentiate between 2 groups of contacts (ie. work and family) the free version will suit your needs. It is available in the Crackberry Store here:
    Color ID FREE - LED Status Light Customizer for Email, Incoming Calls and SMS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

Color ID does not affect your audio and vibrate settings; it only changes the LED notification colors so you can continue using your profiles as you always have.

Basically, you have the choice of paying $11 to be able to assign LED colors to specific contacts via Berry Buzz with Smart Alerts, or you can go with Color ID which is free for 2 different contacts (or groups of contacts), or pay for the $6 upgrade and be able to assign an unlimited number of colors to individual or groups of contacts' phone numbers and email addresses.

I hope it didn't confuse anyone, but if you have any other questions about Color ID, or need some tips for setting it up, let me know! We also have a helpful support team you can reach via email at support(at)motekmobile(dot)com.

Nige
    10-28-09 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD