My blink trial just ended, and although it will occasionally flash for no reason, i really like what it does. Before I buy it, i was wondering if any of the other apps out there offer anything more than blink. I looked at berrybuzz (I think?) and saw that it offered customization for AIM, BBm, and other things. Anything about Buzzme Pro?
    Are all three just LED notification customizers or do any offer anything more? (Maybe sms popup or something?)

My phone is in a pouch whenever not in use and it is convenient to look at the color/speed and know exactly if its a call/sms/email, just wanna see what everyone uses/why.
    09-19-09 08:05 PM
    BerryBuzz is my favorite. Well worth the money.

BuzzMe Pro is essentially the same as BerryBuzz.

They offer LED customizations and vibration-and-ring functionality. BerryBuzz also has a new charging indicator/fully charged indicator light function and it offers more LED notifications for various 3rd party IM clients than BuzzMe Pro.
    09-19-09 08:42 PM
    Berrybuzz for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 08:49 PM
    Berry Buzz for me too!
    09-19-09 09:43 PM
    I have berrybuzz and buzzme pro. Don't think you can go wrong with either

09-19-09 09:47 PM
    Seems like berrybuzz is the winner. haha.
    Thanks for the input.
    Is there a trial for BerryBuzz?

Edit: nevermind, should have checked the store first, duh.
    Last edited by rogo22; 09-19-09 at 10:37 PM.
    09-19-09 10:34 PM
    This is going to sound cheap, but is there one thats free?
    09-20-09 07:19 AM
    Idk if there is one for free that works as good as berrybuzz . Yes berrybuzz gets my vote to sometimes its on deal of day but idk when it will be back on DoD

09-20-09 08:01 AM
    This is going to sound cheap, but is there one thats free?
    try color ID?
    09-20-09 08:01 AM
    my vote goes for berrybuzz
    09-20-09 09:48 AM
    another vote for BerryBuzz

09-20-09 09:52 AM
    I've only used BerryBuzz myself, but I highly reccomend it!!

09-20-09 10:38 AM
    Berrybuzz is the best hands down

09-20-09 01:02 PM
    Berrybuzz, by far the best I've used. I love havin a blue light for my bbm
    09-20-09 01:14 PM
    I'm currently using BerryBuzz I deff reccomend!
    09-20-09 01:28 PM
    My only gripe about Berrybuzz, and I've been using it for some time now, is that you cannot do vibrate+alert for messages. Vibrate + ring ONLY works for phone calls.

Now if you get Buzzme Pro you CAN do vibrate + ring for everything. It may not have as great of 3rd party app selection as Berrybuzz, but at least you get vibrate + ring for all messages.

As for me, the whole vibrating thing was the deal breaker. I've decided to go with buzz me pro. Berrybuzz is great, but just lacking one feature I want.
    09-21-09 12:43 AM
    + BerryBuzz
    09-21-09 12:50 AM
    I'm using berrybuzz and I love it!!

09-21-09 01:16 AM
    My only gripe about Berrybuzz, and I've been using it for some time now, is that you cannot do vibrate+alert for messages. Vibrate + ring ONLY works for phone calls.

Now if you get Buzzme Pro you CAN do vibrate + ring for everything. It may not have as great of 3rd party app selection as Berrybuzz, but at least you get vibrate + ring for all messages.

As for me, the whole vibrating thing was the deal breaker. I've decided to go with buzz me pro. Berrybuzz is great, but just lacking one feature I want.
    Granted. If you want vibrate + ring for messages and whatnot, BuzzMe Pro IS the way to go.

But if you're really looking for more LED customizations, try BerryBuzz.
    09-21-09 01:41 AM
    Here is a link to download a free version of Color ID.

http://bb.motekmobile.com/175969.180626

It's a bit different than BeBuzz (or BerryBuzz), in the sense that you can assign different LED colors to specific contacts and for the method they contact you (Call, E-mail or SMS). There are quite a few possibilities to customize your LED. For instance; since I don't use the facebook application on my BB (i just access it through the browser), I have set blue and white for when I get an email notification from them when someone writes on my wall etc. I've done the same for SMS messages from MSN Messenger Mobile (if i'm signed out of msn on my big computer, my messages get forwarded to the BB in an SMS message). Those are just a couple examples of the types of things you can do with Color ID, in addition to having custom colors for you family, gf's and bf's, best friend, co-workers etc. You can get a lot of information just by glancing at the LED when someone contacts you. Please note that our application does not integrate with other applications like facebook. It only works for whatever calls, emails and sms messages you receive. Here is a link to our support page for Color ID with a bit more detail about the application

ColorID - Support

Nige
    Last edited by motekmobile; 09-21-09 at 03:02 PM. Reason: added support link
    09-21-09 02:54 PM
    Color ID - link bad???
    09-21-09 08:12 PM
    Just bought BerryBuzz. Great app! Great when BlackBerry is set to Silent! Also when on internet.

BerryBuzz is useful!

BerryBuzz extends your default Blackberry alert system. BerryBuzz allows you to customize the LED color and create repeating audible reminders for many alert types.

It will repeat alerts until acknowledged so you will never miss an alert again.

09-21-09 08:16 PM
    Just bought BerryBuzz. Great app! Great when BlackBerry is set to Silent! Also when on internet.

BerryBuzz is useful!

BerryBuzz extends your default Blackberry alert system. BerryBuzz allows you to customize the LED color and create repeating audible reminders for many alert types.

It will repeat alerts until acknowledged so you will never miss an alert again.

love to see the mods behind a product
    09-21-09 08:27 PM
    love to see the mods behind a product
    Yeah, I think I'm sold!

Thanks! CB
    09-22-09 05:42 AM

Well, on the bright side, if you are running 5.0.0.230 with BerryBuzz, you can do that now since RIM added an option for vibrate and ring in profiles for phone and alerts
    09-22-09 06:47 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD