So I am at a bit of a tough decision...I noticed the app THE flashlight is only $.99 today, and I could really use an app that keeps my Video Recorder screen on so the flash won't time out; that's exactly what that does.

However, for only a small increase in price, I could get Leave it On which will do that plus work for other apps -- I am using the Leave it On Trial right now, and I have a few questions about it. It seems like it is always running in the background. I try to avoid apps like this -- does it drain battery life (I obviously know leaving the screen on will). It also is a bit finnicky to add apps to the list...you must run them, add them, and then even if you close the app they will remain on the list? It would appear this way...Lastly, I am confused about the difference between the 'Turn off after (Menu)' and 'Turn off after' settings...

Thanks for the help!
    08-18-09 03:04 PM
    get leave it on. you can get so much more use out of it.
    08-18-09 03:21 PM
    Search the board for "Flash On" just downloaded to my tour and it does what you need and works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 05:30 PM
    Leave it on does run in the background, but uses minimal resources and shouldnt effect battery life by any significant amount. The turn it off menu option appears after youve turned the backlight on, it just turns it back off before the time to stay on has elapsed.

As the above poster said you can try Flash On, its a free app I released that will allow you to leave the light on longer with the video camera.
    Last edited by Shao128; 08-18-09 at 05:39 PM.
    08-18-09 05:34 PM
    Im in a good mood today, so heres a coupon code for 50% off Leave It On It's good until Friday. Use code CBForums
    08-18-09 05:37 PM
    Leave it on rocks !
    08-18-09 08:20 PM
    For a pure and simple flashlight I prefer THE Flashlight. Its easy to use, low battery use, and is reliable. I used it a lot a on a camping trip recently and it was awesome.

MK45
    08-19-09 12:37 AM
    I just use quicklaunch, it has a staylit feature so I can use the video camera as a flashlight and it never times out.
    08-19-09 02:40 AM
    I bought Leave it on a couple weeks ago. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Big thanks to Shao128 for making it!
    08-19-09 09:02 AM
    I just use quicklaunch, it has a staylit feature so I can use the video camera as a flashlight and it never times out.
    What what?! I have QL and have never noticed this...mind giving me the tip?

Im in a good mood today, so heres a coupon code for 50% off Leave It On It's good until Friday. Use code CBForums
    You are awesome, will now purchase even if there are free alternatives. Works great with games like Sudoku, Mindweeper, etc where you spend time just reading the board and not pressing anything...

Search the board for "Flash On" just downloaded to my tour and it does what you need and works great.
    A search is actually not making this come up, and it isn't on Shao's website...linky help please?
    Last edited by Strakerc; 08-19-09 at 09:06 AM.
    08-19-09 09:02 AM
    A search is actually not making this come up, and it isn't on Shao's website...linky help please?
    I havent put it up on my site because I still consider it beta. But you can get it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/fla...h-beta-277019/
    08-19-09 09:49 AM
    What what?! I have QL and have never noticed this...mind giving me the tip?
    When I go into quicklaunch and add application, in the app list is says "stay lit".
    So what I do is use quicklaunch to open the video camera, then after the camera is open i select stay lit which keeps the back light on until i hit a convenience key so it doesn't turn off the light.
    08-20-09 07:00 PM
    When I go into quicklaunch and add application, in the app list is says "stay lit".
    So what I do is use quicklaunch to open the video camera, then after the camera is open i select stay lit which keeps the back light on until i hit a convenience key so it doesn't turn off the light.
    What the heck? The option is not available to me, and I am using the most up-to-date version of QL...any help?
    08-24-09 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD