Take control over your backlight. Want it to stay on longer or not turn off when running a specific application?

When running certain applications you are limited to your default backlight time out of just a few seconds. Ever wanted to way to just leave the backlight on? Using Google Maps for navigation and the screen keeps turning off? Leave It On is the solution for you.

Now with animated Pop-up Alerts! Its 2 apps in 1. Pop-ups will notify you of new messages and pressing the trackball or BB key will launch that app (clicking pop-up on Storm).

Watch the video here to see pop-ups in action:

Built-in pop-up/backlight support for: AIM, BBM, e-mail, Facebook, BBM Groups, GTalk, Gmail, ICQ, IM+, Skype, Social Scope, SMS, Twitter for BB, UberTwitter, WhatsApp, WLM, Yahoo.

For more details visit: Leave It On - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Even though this is a major update, it is free to existing users.

Thank you to all the beta testers and special thank you to Brian_Da_SCH for the 3D animations and icons.

05-07-10 07:18 PM
    Do i need to delete the beta one im using and then install this one?
    05-07-10 07:26 PM
    Do i need to delete the beta one im using and then install this one?
    In the beta, just go into the menu and select Shutdown, then you can install over top.
    05-07-10 07:28 PM
    In the beta, just go into the menu and select Shutdown, then you can install over top.
    Thanks!!Love ya apps keep em coming!!!
    05-07-10 07:30 PM
    Please follow Shao's instructions....

Heh heh.. I was wringing my hands so much to get it, I installed directly over the beta without the shutdown. It works just fine...

The icon is heated! I had to do a "double check" on it to be sure what I was seeing... likey, likey..
    05-07-10 07:54 PM
    Is the pop up feature the main upgrade and can we turn I the pop up off. I already use SMS popup.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-07-10 09:26 PM
    Is the pop up feature the main upgrade and can we turn I the pop up off. I already use SMS popup.
    You can turn it off completely, or turn off specific applications.
    05-07-10 09:31 PM
    Shao neglected to mention that it's fully integrated with crunchSMS. That's probably my fav part about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 11:33 PM
    Excellent upgrade!! I thought the original was good but this takes to a whole new
    level. Great job Shao
    05-07-10 11:52 PM
    Hey Shao, I was a beta tester and I own the app.
    I love the app and I'm glad I purchased, I just have one question.
    In the popups section underother I have calendar reminder checked, but never get a popup for it. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I thought you might be able to help me with that.
    thanks in advance.
    05-08-10 06:09 AM
    Me, too. Otherwise, it's great!
    05-08-10 06:15 AM
    Hey Shao, I was a beta tester and I own the app.
    I love the app and I'm glad I purchased, I just have one question.
    In the popups section underother I have calendar reminder checked, but never get a popup for it. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I thought you might be able to help me with that.
    thanks in advance.
    There isnt a pop-up for calendar, its intentional due to a technical limitation. The BB OS only allows for one "pop-up" screen to be displayed at a time. So the OS displays a pop-up already when you have a calendar reminder which would override anything I display so I left it out. Hope that answers your question.
    05-08-10 08:50 AM
    Please follow Shao's instructions....

Heh heh.. I was wringing my hands so much to get it, I installed directly over the beta without the shutdown. It works just fine...

The icon is heated! I had to do a "double check" on it to be sure what I was seeing... likey, likey..
    I did the same overlay on the 9000. Reboot and all is well.

+1 for the app and those very cool popups. I thought I was dreamingh the first time a popup started jumping around.

There are many good things to say about this app. It must be used to be believed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 09:09 AM
    There isnt a pop-up for calendar, its intentional due to a technical limitation. The BB OS only allows for one "pop-up" screen to be displayed at a time. So the OS displays a pop-up already when you have a calendar reminder which would override anything I display so I left it out. Hope that answers your question.
    thanks for the response
    app is great!
    05-08-10 09:58 AM
    This is a very good application. I totally dig it. I like being able to set the backlight when using navigation. Definitely a must have app. ))
    05-08-10 10:01 AM
    Now I am wondering how I survived without these popups. I love how hitting the BB key takes me directly to the app. This is a fantastic upgrade. Thanks for your hard work Shao.
    05-08-10 10:10 AM
    Best app yet. Love it. Great Job.
    05-08-10 04:31 PM
    This is a great app I just bought it for my wife's storm 2 and mine as well! Something I have been looking for

I hope that you support OS 6 when it comes out later this year with this app
    05-08-10 06:17 PM
    One thing that I noticed about this app is when the message popup come on the app that you were in locks up until you click on the popup. This becomes very annoying if you are in the middle of something or have to use your phone before you want to look at the message.
    05-10-10 07:28 AM
    There's a block to check that says "Don't show when in notifying app". That will at least clear that up for one app. Otherwise, you can mess with the length of time the pop-up is open or configure the "Don't Show in App" button. I don't have it pop-up when I'm on the phone.
    05-10-10 07:49 AM
    Awesome App Bro!!!!

Also to those saying it locks up on pop up. I hit back button, this clears away the pop up then you can resume what you were doing...
    05-10-10 08:21 AM
    There's a block to check that says "Don't show when in notifying app". That will at least clear that up for one app. Otherwise, you can mess with the length of time the pop-up is open or configure the "Don't Show in App" button. I don't have it pop-up when I'm on the phone.
    I understand what it is that you are saying. The pop up becomes annoying when you are in the middle of typing a message, reading an acticle, unlocking the phone from StormSlider, etc. and when the popup occurs and you are locked from continuing unless you click on the popup. The popup should stay on top, but not limit you from performing the task that you were performing before the popup occured.

Also, Leave It On should allow the time limit on popup to be unlimited if the user desires. Leave It On also does not play well with MailMinder which allows for the deletion of mail. When MailMinder is setup to delete mail as it arrives Leave It On shows the popup for the delete message. When the user clicks on the popup the message isn't there becasue the user setup a rule in MailMinder to delete that unwarranted message, but yet sees the popup for it from Leave It On.
    05-10-10 08:22 AM
    The pop up becomes annoying when you are in the middle of typing a message, reading an acticle, unlocking the phone from StormSlider, etc. and when the popup occurs and you are locked from continuing unless you click on the popup. The popup should stay on top, but not limit you from performing the task that you were performing before the popup occured.
    Yes this can be annoying, but the only solution I could see is to lower the amount of time the popup appears, or set them not to show at all. But I believe most BB users, are fluent enough to be able to escape out from it very quickly if they are on the unit at the same time (BBThumbs).

But, FYI... This is a limitation of the BB operating system and cannot be controlled by LIO. The BB OS only allows a single popup on the screen at any given time. Also, when there is a popup it must be cleared prior to continuing on the screen it is superimposed over. You can see this with permission popups, calendar popups, even other 3rd party apps such as BerryPopUp. RIM has to change the behavior with the OS.

Also, Leave It On should allow the time limit on popup to be unlimited if the user desires.
    I agree. "Options" are always best for the end user. The only caveat I see about that would be situations where the BB is not tended to, and LIO just keeps running. Battery Drain. I haven't tested the limits of the app, but I don't think the backlight timeout setting has control over the actual popup. Something for me to look into. Hmm...

Leave It On also does not play well with MailMinder which allows for the deletion of mail. When MailMinder is setup to delete mail as it arrives Leave It On shows the popup for the delete message. When the user clicks on the popup the message isn't there becasue the user setup a rule in MailMinder to delete that unwarranted message, but yet sees the popup for it from Leave It On.
    This is also a limitation of the BB OS. When an email is received at the BB level, it is almost simultaneously acknowledged by these applications. Although it may have been deleted, the same trigger that MailMinder uses to start it's deletion process is the same trigger that LIO uses to show the popup. LIO does not know that it is deleted by MailMinder, washed & dried, or put in your pocket... It just knows that an email came to the device, and you instructed (set) it to do a specific task. This can be seen also using Bellshare's BerryMail (what I use), or any other email handler application. Makes sense?

On a side (unrelated) note: This is almost like most of the call blocking programs that are out now. When the signal for the call comes in, the BB and the app both acknowledge the call, then the call blocker stops the ringtone/vibrations and handles the call (voicemail/hangup), but there is always that initial ring/vibe. The app cannot be faster than the native system handling that same said application, and although the call gets handled as an end result, some still get that first ring or vibe.

Hope this helps my friend.

Brad.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 05-10-10 at 09:08 AM.
    05-10-10 09:00 AM
    I understand what it is that you are saying. The pop up becomes annoying when you are in the middle of typing a message, reading an acticle, unlocking the phone from StormSlider, etc. and when the popup occurs and you are locked from continuing unless you click on the popup. The popup should stay on top, but not limit you from performing the task that you were performing before the popup occured.

Also, Leave It On should allow the time limit on popup to be unlimited if the user desires. Leave It On also does not play well with MailMinder which allows for the deletion of mail. When MailMinder is setup to delete mail as it arrives Leave It On shows the popup for the delete message. When the user clicks on the popup the message isn't there becasue the user setup a rule in MailMinder to delete that unwarranted message, but yet sees the popup for it from Leave It On.

To your first point, that is a limitation of the OS, any screen in the foreground will take any input. You can also hit the ESC key to dismiss the popup and if you have the keyboard on screen you can press space to dismiss it too.

Second, its not Leave It On not playing well with MailMinder. A new mail arrives and it displays a popup. MailMinder is deleting after it is received. The OS will notify both apps at the same time that a new email has arrived. LIO is doing exactly what it should.

EDIT, Damn Brad you beat me to it, thanks
    05-10-10 09:07 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions as it is truly appreciated As yes you did answer them.
    05-10-10 09:30 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD