I know that Iphone & Andriod markets has really driven the app side of things and we all know that App world is behind but at least they're secure and this won't happen.....

Phony Netflix Android app steals account data | InSecurity Complex - CNET News
    10-13-11 02:53 AM
    the presence of a few malicious apps doesnt compensate for the lack of apps on BB appworld
    10-13-11 03:06 AM
    Interesting, but your title is very misleading. That app wasn't found in the Android Marketplace either. Says "a forum", for whatever that's worth.
    10-13-11 03:09 AM
    i'm not disagreeing with you on that aspect, but this isn't the 1st time it has happened. It was over 150,000 android phones affected by a fake app before, i was really just confirming the security of our BB
    10-13-11 03:12 AM
    Things happen. Report the app, and let the market mods remove it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 03:33 AM
    i'm not disagreeing with you on that aspect, but this isn't the 1st time it has happened. It was over 150,000 android phones affected by a fake app before, i was really just confirming the security of our BB
    LOL! Do you know how tiny 150.000 devices is? It's MINISCULE... Google activates over 300.000 devices A DAY, to give you some perspective.

The chances of an Android customer being affected by one of these "security issues" are ridiculously small, and virtually non existant if they have their security options on.

The chances of an advanced user experiencing them? Zero...
    10-13-11 04:12 AM
    The so called phoney Netflix app was not in the official market place to begin with so I do not know why are u comparing it with appworld?

10-13-11 04:55 AM
    Grasping at straws?
    10-13-11 05:36 AM
    It does seem to be happening more regularly with android than anyone else but it wasn't in the marketplace so there isn't much they can do about that. Users have to be smart about what they download.

10-13-11 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD