Folks, anyone know how to input Lat and Lon to get direction using BB Maps? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by yanich; 10-13-10 at 03:52 AM.
    10-13-10 03:40 AM
    Menu > Get directions. Type the postal/zip code or street address (or select Where I Am), now type in the street address or postal/zip code of where you want to go, press enter, wait for the directions to be found, then hit the back button to see them on the map.

You must be outside to do this.

10-13-10 11:36 AM
    I fail to see how that has anything to do with the OP's question about Latitude and Longitude, Root.

As far as I know, Blackberry Maps will not find a location from Lat and Long values.
    10-13-10 12:23 PM
    As far as I know, Blackberry Maps will not find a location from Lat and Long values.
    It will, but I don't know how to do it. Let me ask Bruce over on the CacheSense (formerly CacheBerry) forum how he does it in the code.

Because, with CacheSense, you can tag a geocache and it exports the cache lat/long over to BB Maps so you can find it. I know he does it as a KML file for those of us that use Google Maps. I'm not sure how he does it to BBMaps.
    10-13-10 12:28 PM
    It will, but I don't know how to do it. Let me ask Bruce over on the CacheSense (formerly CacheBerry) forum how he does it in the code.

Because, with CacheSense, you can tag a geocache and it exports the cache lat/long over to BB Maps so you can find it. I know he does it as a KML file for those of us that use Google Maps. I'm not sure how he does it to BBMaps.
    You're right. Looks like it isn't easy though. Taken from the Blackberry website:

You can open BlackBerry� Maps to display a location on a map by providing the coordinates for the latitude and longitude of a location and by specifying the zoom and rotation values. The zoom values have a range of 0 to MapView.MAX_ZOOM. The rotation values are expressed in degrees to rotate the map from north facing up, and have a range of 0 to 359.

1. Import the required classes.

import net.rim.blackberry.api.invoke.*;
    import net.rim.blackberry.api.maps.*;

2. Create a class and constructor to use to invoke BlackBerry Maps.

public class invokeMaps
    {
    public invokeMaps ()
    {
    }
    }

3. In the constructor, create an instance of the MapView class. Invoke MapView.setLatitude(), MapView.setLongitude(), and MapView.setZoom() to specify the coordinates and zoom that you want to use.

MapView mapView = new MapView();
    mapView.setLatitude(4328915);
    mapView.setLongitude(-8032480);
    mapView.setZoom(10);

4. In the constructor, create an instance of the MapsArguments class using the MapView object as an argument. Invoke Invoke.invokeApplication() to open BlackBerry Maps and pass in the MapsArguments object.

MapsArguments mapsArgs = new MapsArguments(mapView);
    Invoke.invokeApplication(Invoke.APP_TYPE_MAPS, mapsArgs);

Code sample: Invoking BlackBerry Maps by using specific coordinates

import net.rim.blackberry.api.invoke.*;
    import net.rim.blackberry.api.maps.*;

public class invokeMaps
    {
    public invokeMaps()
    {
    MapView mapView = new MapView();
    mapView.setLatitude(4328915);
    mapView.setLongitude(-8032480);
    mapView.setZoom(10);
    MapsArguments mapsArgs = new MapsArguments(mapView);
    Invoke.invokeApplication(Invoke.APP_TYPE_MAPS, mapsArgs);
    }
    }
    10-13-10 12:31 PM
    Yeah... not something you want to try to do manually in the field. I bet someone here (In the 3rd party software forum maybe??) could quickly script together a nice little app that gives you the fields to enter the lat/long, and then throw this call out to the BB Maps app.
    10-13-10 12:52 PM
    Jeez isn't this making things more complicated?

10-13-10 11:17 PM
    Try this app, Signal-Loc Utilities, I use this for various thing, and it has been a handy app to have. http://f5bbutils.fairview5.com/signa.../signalloc.jad

10-13-10 11:34 PM
    rootbrain has a tendency to answer... just to answer... His post count is the only beneficiary of his replies.

As far as I am concerned, there isn't a way yet.
    If there is, let me know asap pls.

PS: There is in Google Maps, just saying...
    10-14-10 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD