I was wondering if there was a working app for Last.fm It's a billion times better than slacker and has the ability to scrobble my recently listened to tracks off my PC and learn my tastes.

WE NEED A RADIO CLIENT FOR LAST.FM THAT WORKS!

I can't understand why Slacker is so attractive; it's more expensive than last.fm, doesn't have track scrobbling, and doesn't have the ties with record companies and indie labels.
    02-25-09 11:30 AM
    Last.fm and Slacker are completely different services. They are apples and oranges. I don't know why you are trying to compare them. Is it because they both play music? Bad reason.
    02-25-09 11:33 AM
    Don't act like you're more intelligent than anyone else...

They are both radio services. One has more features than the other. They both target the radio listening demographic. The differences that they have are in the features they provide. At the core, they provide the same service.
    02-25-09 11:45 AM
    it's more expensive than last.fm,
    So does last.fm give you money to listen? Slacker is free if you want it.
    02-25-09 12:43 PM
    It's a billion times better than slacker and has the ability to scrobble my recently listened to tracks off my PC and learn my tastes.
    A billion, really? And what the h3ll does scrobble mean?
    02-25-09 12:46 PM
    scrobble
    scrobble

a.k.a. scrobbling
    Part of the appeal of Web 2.0 is to find other people who share similar interests, herin lies the meaning of "scrobbling." To "scrobble" a song means that when you listen to it, the name of the song is sent to a Web site (for example, Last.fm) and added to your music profile. Here's how it works: Once you've signed up and downloaded Last.fm, you can scrobble songs you listen to on your computer or iPod automatically. As a social network, once you start scrobbling yourself, you can see what artists you really listen to the most, view your listening habits on your profile page, and allow others to see your tastes in music. Companies (such as Last.fm) use this data to organize and recommend music to people, to create personalized radio stations, and to see what other users listened to the most.
    See also : digital music
    02-25-09 01:12 PM
    Slacker is better... they ALREADY HAVE AN APP!!!! :P
    02-25-09 01:23 PM
    served ^^^
    02-25-09 01:55 PM
    Hate to say it but slacker would be better to me as well. Its free and works in areas like my work where I have virtually no signal at all. Also Having a program that uploads data from my pc to a central server to analize my files/interests is a big nono in my book.
    02-25-09 02:20 PM
    I listen to Last.fm all day at work and have Slacker on my Storm. I like them both and have no issues with either.
    02-25-09 02:38 PM
    02-25-09 02:39 PM
    Hate to say it but slacker would be better to me as well. Its free and works in areas like my work where I have virtually no signal at all. Also Having a program that uploads data from my pc to a central server to analize my files/interests is a big nono in my book.
    last.fm is free.
    02-26-09 11:45 AM
    Last.fm did not hand over any data.
    02-26-09 11:46 AM
    Slacker is great, they just need to make a version for the Storm. It's hard to navigate through it sometimes and once I leave the playlist area, I can't figure out how to go back to the screen where I can skip the currently playing song. HURRY WITH A STORM COMPATIBLE VERSION OF SLACKER!
    02-26-09 11:47 AM
    Slacker is great, they just need to make a version for the Storm. It's hard to navigate through it sometimes and once I leave the playlist area, I can't figure out how to go back to the screen where I can skip the currently playing song. HURRY WITH A STORM COMPATIBLE VERSION OF SLACKER!
    You don't understand. Slacker is good. Last.fm is better.
    02-26-09 11:50 AM
    I'm not gonna sit here and argue which is better. I don't care enough to. I don't even use Slacker that much, but when I do, it's a little frustrating because of those issues. But once the Storm version comes out I'm sure it'll be fine.
    02-26-09 11:56 AM
    Are you sure there isnt one? I just downloaded it and it works great with my Storm.
    02-26-09 11:59 AM
    the version I have displays a really small screen, with a keyboard underneath. You can hide the keyboard, but if you do the screen is still really small and there's a huge blue background. It's hard to navigate as well, having to scroll through the screen just to get to the box you want to click on (and you have to be precise or it'll go right past what you want to click on and you have to start over again). It's free, can't really complain.
    02-26-09 12:05 PM
    They already have a Storm compatible version. 1.0.23 is Storm compatible!!
    02-26-09 12:06 PM
    They already have a Storm compatible version. 1.0.23 is Storm compatible!!
    This is the Storm version you are correct!
    02-26-09 12:19 PM
    Wow. The version I have is the Storm Version?? Okay. Well in that case can someone please tell me how to get back to the screen where you can skip the song once you leave it (say to read the artist bio or album review). it's frustrating as **** that once I leave the screen I can't get back to it.
    02-26-09 12:20 PM
    the version I have displays a really small screen, with a keyboard underneath. You can hide the keyboard, but if you do the screen is still really small and there's a huge blue background. It's hard to navigate as well, having to scroll through the screen just to get to the box you want to click on (and you have to be precise or it'll go right past what you want to click on and you have to start over again). It's free, can't really complain.
    Close Slacker, then do the following: options > advanced options > applications > Scroll down to Slacker > highlight it (don't click) > BB button > click on Disable Compatibility Mode. Then launch Slacker and you should be good to go!
    02-26-09 12:22 PM
    Wow. The version I have is the Storm Version?? Okay. Well in that case can someone please tell me how to get back to the screen where you can skip the song once you leave it (say to read the artist bio or album review). it's frustrating as **** that once I leave the screen I can't get back to it.
    Actually you might be better off joining their forum. There I have had a lot of Slacker questions answered. I think the guys here actually just listen to the music and not really get into all the bells and whistles.

Official Slacker Forums • Slacker Support
    02-26-09 12:24 PM
    scrobble

a.k.a. scrobbling
    Part of the appeal of Web 2.0 is to find other people who share similar interests, herin lies the meaning of "scrobbling." To "scrobble" a song means that when you listen to it, the name of the song is sent to a Web site (for example, Last.fm) and added to your music profile. Here's how it works: Once you've signed up and downloaded Last.fm, you can scrobble songs you listen to on your computer or iPod automatically. As a social network, once you start scrobbling yourself, you can see what artists you really listen to the most, view your listening habits on your profile page, and allow others to see your tastes in music. Companies (such as Last.fm) use this data to organize and recommend music to people, to create personalized radio stations, and to see what other users listened to the most.
    See also : digital music

I looked up that definition on dictionary.com and it appears you just made that up. So scrobbling is just a stupid word somebody made up to look trendy and cool.
    02-26-09 12:27 PM
    I looked up that definition on dictionary.com and it appears you just made that up. So scrobbling is just a stupid word somebody made up to look trendy and cool.
    Cute.

I googled it! Try it you might like it!

scrobble - NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-)
    Last edited by jamesandyori; 02-26-09 at 12:31 PM.
    02-26-09 12:28 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD