Thing is I don't think you'd want the Tour version for the 8330... It references 80x80 icons and stuff like that in the .jad file.
    02-18-10 08:09 PM
    I successfully, finally, downloaded and installed using the .jad link posted above-many thanks. I had troubles all day not being able to use the link amazon provIded. I logged onto my amazon acct from inside the app, and all my books appeared! I opened the book I am currently reading and it was on the exact bookmarked page as my Kindle. I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 09:35 PM
    Thing is I don't think you'd want the Tour version for the 8330... It references 80x80 icons and stuff like that in the .jad file.
    The user-agent string in my testing appeared to only be used to identify that you're coming from one of the "valid" devices and did not change what version of the JAD file you received.

While I didn't include that part in my original post, I played around with the user-agent string and compared the resulting JAD file just to be sure.

I can tell you that it works great on my 8330 and that all icons, etc, display properly.
    02-19-10 07:13 AM
    I have been saving my app space for the kindle! So I will try that! Thanks Ten! I was sooooo bummed yesterday!

I got it dled but get an error and it won't start up! Help! I've been waiting for this app!
    Last edited by blessed2bamommie; 02-19-10 at 11:49 AM.
    02-19-10 11:35 AM
    I am really enjoying this Kindle app. I have the font size set to the 2nd smallest size and it fits about the same amount of type on my Tour screen as it does on my Kindle. I have no problem reading it and actually read today for almost 3 hours with no eye strain. This is the first day I left my Kindle at home.
    02-19-10 12:15 PM
    I tried the link to download the app to my Pearl Flip, but when I try to run, it says:

Error starting kindle: Class 'net.rim.device.api.ui.UiEngineInstance' not found

Is that a Kindle thing, a Pearl thing, or a Blackberry thing?
    02-19-10 02:17 PM
    Just downloaded Kindle to my storm 9530 and it will not switch to landscape display. Is there a set-up to fix this?
    02-19-10 04:25 PM
    I tried the link to download the app to my Pearl Flip, but when I try to run, it says:

Error starting kindle: Class 'net.rim.device.api.ui.UiEngineInstance' not found

Is that a Kindle thing, a Pearl thing, or a Blackberry thing?
    Same on my 8330.
    02-19-10 04:29 PM
    Just downloaded Kindle to my storm 9530 and it will not switch to landscape display. Is there a set-up to fix this?
    Kindle only operates in Portrait for me as well. I'm guessing they did it by design, but who knows... it is still technically a beta after-all. Doesn't bother me much because I'd probably only use it in portrait mode, but to each his own. :shrug:

I'm eager to see the future release which adds scrolling, as I would prefer that over page flipping.
    02-19-10 04:37 PM
    The app isn't compatible with the Flip or the 8300 series.
    It's not supported by Amazon, but a poster earlier said that they got it to work on an 8330 by just downloading it. So I hoped that the same trick would work for my Flip.

Unless the 8330 isn't part of the 8300 series. I admit to not really being up to date on models.
    02-19-10 10:50 PM
    Do you need a Kindle registered to your Amazon account in order to buy ebooks on your kindle app on the BlackBerry?

I downloaded the Kindle App, and have an Amazon account with credit card info, etc... but when I try to buy something it tells me that I have no credit cards set up on my Account.
    02-20-10 10:42 PM
    The weird part is that I can use the web-based store via the PC and order books to be delivered on my 9700

However, in the account page the delivery shows as "pending," I tried syncing on the device several times to no avail.
    Last edited by es_bih; 02-20-10 at 11:16 PM.
    02-20-10 11:12 PM
    If anyone is having trouble using kindle, there is another version on the webserver.

http://klamath.s3.amazonaws.com/rc8a/kindle.jad

Shortened URL: bit.ly/9DgrhY

Its a little smaller in file size, so I'd imagine that it's for older OS's, but I don't know for sure.

Please share your findings!
    02-23-10 12:45 AM
    8330 running is 4.7 the latest official? It started up! YES! Now what book do I want so I can try it out! The House that Cleans Itself, hmmm what's tha Jentezen Franklin book Pastor wanted us to read...Master Your Metabolism..I gotta try this out! And hope I don't waste money and it works! Or...maybe I should test a freebie...

02-23-10 05:22 AM
    Tried a free book first! Dled! Wonder if its a bit slow...or if its me? I'm happy thought may buy that Jentezen Franklin book now...

02-23-10 05:37 PM
    I'm really liking the app. It's working very well for me.

One thing that might be required for using this without a Kindle is making sure your Amazon account has a credit card set up for one-click purchases. It seems like that is a requirement for purchasing ebooks.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-23-10 07:57 PM
    I am an mp3 regular! Done! I randomly dled The Apocary's Daugher as a freebie test. I think I'll keep it!
    02-23-10 08:19 PM
    It seems that after i select a category, it is automatically sorting by most popular. anyone know how to sort by price? I'm talking about the kindle app store that opens through the app. Thanks.
    02-23-10 08:34 PM
    I just installed the app. So do I need to have an Amazon login?

How do I download a sample book?

02-23-10 09:39 PM
    yes you need an amazon login
    02-24-10 07:11 AM
    I just installed the app. So do I need to have an Amazon login?

How do I download a sample book?

Seems like. Already had one though. You get an option buy in 1-click or sample when you select a book.

02-24-10 07:12 AM
    Seems like. Already had one though. You get an option buy in 1-click or sample when you select a book.

I also had one. So I did login and "purchased" a free book.

I didn't select one not free so never did notice a sample option.

Thanks!
    02-24-10 07:29 AM
    Sure I'm loving this app! I dled free at first to make sure the link in the pp would work on my 8330. Then I got samples of books I wanted to read. Enjoy!
    02-24-10 07:45 AM
    Love it too.

Downloaded 3 Free books:

Approaching Zero (about phone phreaking and early hacking in the 80s)
    Pride and Prejudice (my wife would be proud)
    The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Even on my "tiny" Tour screen, I found a Text size that works well for me and doesn't involve too many space bar hits.....
    02-24-10 08:13 AM
    Love it too.

Downloaded 3 Free books:

Approaching Zero (about phone phreaking and early hacking in the 80s)
    Pride and Prejudice (my wife would be proud)
    The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Even on my "tiny" Tour screen, I found a Text size that works well for me and doesn't involve too many space bar hits.....
    I agree. I have old eyes and I still find the 2nd to the smallest font size very comfortable and extremely readable. I am loving this app, and have left my Kindle at home for the past week. I never did like bringing it to work, always afraid of it being swiped
    02-24-10 09:29 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD