I see the kindle is now available for Blackberry but as usual just for USA customers !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 02:07 AM
    Yep, I was just coming on to rap about this. DL'ing now!
    02-18-10 02:08 AM
    Yep, I was just coming on to rap about this. DL'ing now!
    Its good news....but do they think people from the UK can not read!? We can not get Audible to work on the BB either in the UK!

02-18-10 02:12 AM
    I'm assuming it won't have access to eReader content. I already have ebooks via the eReader app, which is supported by Borders.

Another thing. I downloaded it to check it out, and can't log in to Amazon. It prompted me that another user is registered to it, and to delete it and try again with a new download. I do have the Amazon app, too. Weird.

02-18-10 07:28 AM
    Its good news....but do they think people from the UK can not read!? We can not get Audible to work on the BB either in the UK!

I live in the US, but I get pissed when other countries are left out of product launches because of stupid laws that don't really benefit, anyone but the greedy.
    It's all the international political crap as always. Regulations and the such, yadda, yadda, yadda. You guys should just boycott them...
    02-18-10 07:52 AM
    Has anyone heard if its going to be made available to UK users? I was excited and looked at downloading it then disappointed that its only available to US. A friend here in the UK showed me his actual kindle and I noticed he has to use amazon dot com rather than co.uk to operate it.

02-20-10 06:05 PM
    For those out of the country, I believe that you can download it from here:

http://klamath.s3.amazonaws.com/rc8b/kindle.jad

If anyone is having trouble using the direct link above, there is another on the webserver.

http://klamath.s3.amazonaws.com/rc8a/kindle.jad

Its a little smaller in file size, so I'd imagine that it's for older OS's, but I don't know for sure.

Please share your findings!
    02-23-10 12:47 AM
    I'm on an 8330 and dled and am reading thanks!

02-24-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD