Why wouldn't Amazon push this out to the BB community?
    The latest version of the Kindle app for BB is still the beta version issued in Spring of 2010, and formally it was only ever released in the US - Amazon's non-US websites make no reference to a BB app and never have done. I think that suggests that Amazon gave up on development of a BB app long before OS7 appeared on the scene. Perhaps very few BB owners even downloaded the app on its first release, and/or very few of those that did download it used it to buy e-books from amazon.com.
    11-27-11 10:13 AM
    The latest version of the Kindle app for BB is still the beta version issued in Spring of 2010, and formally it was only ever released in the US - Amazon's non-US websites make no reference to a BB app and never have done. I think that suggests that Amazon gave up on development of a BB app long before OS7 appeared on the scene. Perhaps very few BB owners even downloaded the app on its first release, and/or very few of those that did download it used it to buy e-books from amazon.com.
    That's very possible. But with more larger-screen BBs being sold, the demand for the Kindle app can only go up. That beta version worked very well, so it couldn't be that big a deal to make it an official non-beta release and make it available to OS7 devices too. It's not as though they'd need to build a new app from scratch.

Even people who don't read books on their BB can use the app to search for a title, read reviews, download sample chapters, and buy.
    11-27-11 12:43 PM
    That worked like a charm, thanks. By the way, the higher resolution display on the high end BBs makes books pretty readable with smaller fonts. =)
    11-27-11 01:01 PM
    Does anyone have this working on Verizon on the 9930?

It installed but when I go to run it, it won't go past the "Kindle for BlackBerry" splash screen.
    11-27-11 01:11 PM
    I report with glee that this works in Canada, too!
    11-28-11 01:10 PM
    New to Kindle. I found that Spacebar, N, and P move a page forward and F changes to full screen. Besides tapping the screen on either side, are there other tips/tricks to using the app? Thanks for the great link - works perfect!
    11-29-11 10:44 PM
    Gonna be trying this soon. Thanks!!! You rock man!
    12-01-11 09:48 PM
    I went to the link & it would not open on my computer. Wonder why? I have the Kindle app on my 9000 and i have no trouble reading an entire book on the small screen. I adjust the font till it is comfortable, then I just have to scroll with the trackpad - no sweat. I am holding back getting a 9900 because of the lack of Kindle app. i wrote to Amazon & asked when it would be available, they just said it is not on their website so it is not available. I KNEW THAT!!
    12-07-11 02:37 PM
    You need to go to the link directly in your BlackBerry Browser and not on a computer.
    12-07-11 08:42 PM
    Thanks! You rock!
    12-08-11 07:15 AM
    are there battery drainage issues?
    12-08-11 09:50 AM
    are there battery drainage issues?
    The app doesn't run in the background, so there are no battery drainage issues. Obviously it is an app which drains the battery when in use because it requires the backlight to be on throughout, but I'm sure that's not what you meant.
    12-08-11 11:47 AM
    Tried this and received an AcessDeniedAcess message. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    12-09-11 08:34 AM
    I can't find a "thanks" link on your original post, so I'll thank you here.
    12-12-11 09:12 AM
    Worked like a charm, Thank You! Now I just need to know how to store it onto my SD Card.

Oh and does this use up Data?
    12-16-11 09:24 PM
    Worked like a charm, Thank You! Now I just need to know how to store it onto my SD Card.

Oh and does this use up Data?
    By default books that you download from your Kindle library get saved to the SD card. To add books from your PC just copy and paste them to the SD card directory \kindle\ebooks and they'll appear in your Kindle home page next time you start the app.

The app uses data when you download books from your Kindle library to your device, and even then by default the app uses wi-fi if there's a connection available. Once the book is on your BB, data gets used to sync the page you've reached and to check whether you've added anything to your Kindle library, but this barely uses any data.
    12-17-11 08:44 AM
    Thank you oh so much for this. Bite me amazon.
    01-07-12 09:03 PM
    You are the MOST wonderful person in the world and now I may just keep my Bold without a camera because I can read my BOOKS!!!!!! YOU ROCK~!!!!!!!!!:
    01-08-12 04:06 AM
    worked like charm...
    keep up the good work...
    01-12-12 07:25 AM
    I clicked on the .jad on my Curve 9350 and after install it started right up, I didn't have to go through any of the other steps at all.
    01-15-12 08:16 PM
    Downloaded the app but cant get it to work even after following the instructions in the post...the app opens then closes soon as i put in my device password once i have chosen usb drive.

Shame really as i was looking forward to gettinbg ti working on my 9900, i have a kindle but sometimes not possible to carry round all the time.

EDIT: OK 4th time lucky, seems to be working now...thanks for the instructions OP
    Last edited by Spawn12; 01-16-12 at 09:55 AM.
    01-16-12 09:47 AM
    For those getting the access denied message, the link is case sensitive (I didn't get a hyperlink in the original message so entered manually), so /KindleBB102b/ not /kindlebb102b/ in the link.
    01-24-12 08:45 AM
    "Leaving the app open at the flash screen, connect your BB to your PC using the USB cable, and when your BB prompts you to choose between three connection options, click on "USB Drive"."

I do not get the USB drive message, get only two options; Sync media and Charge only. Neither o fthem works. Any idea how to get the USB drive option?
    01-26-12 01:24 PM
    I didn't have to do the USB cable trick on my 9810 - I just downloaded it and it's running perfectly.
    01-27-12 07:11 AM
    "Leaving the app open at the flash screen, connect your BB to your PC using the USB cable, and when your BB prompts you to choose between three connection options, click on "USB Drive"."

I do not get the USB drive message, get only two options; Sync media and Charge only. Neither o fthem works. Any idea how to get the USB drive option?
    Enable mass storage mode and you should get the USB drive option.
    01-27-12 05:47 PM
108 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD