I was looking forward to the Kindle app and have rediscovered my love of reading! I am hooked on it and have read several books! I am thinking about an e-reader, maybe the Ipad from what I've heard about reading books on that device but I need to replace my laptop first! I'm headed to the beach and I of course want to read; but, I don't want a dead BB out there with no plug in site!
    05-24-10 04:58 PM
    You didn't really ask a question, but I'll make a recommendation anyway.

If you are planning on buying an e-reader, and will often be reading it in bright sunlight (like at the beach), I'd recommend the Kindle. In bright conditions, I've found it much easier to read on than the iPad or the Sony e-reader. Plus the battery life is excellent (multiple days).
    05-24-10 06:29 PM
    Until I can get an e-reader since I need to replace my laptop. I'm using the Kindle app, sometimes the Kindle for PC but mostly for BB. I'm concerned I'll kill my device on the beach and be with a dead BB. I won't exactly have an plug handy out there!
    05-24-10 06:33 PM
    You should be able to get a few hours out of the BB with the kindle app. I use it on my 9000 on lunch breaks and other down time during work, and it hasn't drained the battery so much that I couldn't make it through the day without charging. Although the most I have used it in a day was probably about 2 hours or reading in addition to my normal usage of phone, email, and web.
    05-24-10 06:46 PM
    I *so* need an e-reader. One of my other hesitations is I like to read in bed and if I drop my BB I'll wake up in the am or won't have a headache, an e-reader on my head wouldn't go over so well! I usually charge it at night and I can be mindful that its fully charged when before I go out there.
    05-24-10 06:56 PM
    I use Mobireader on my BB for hours on end with no issues for the battery, cant imagine the Kindle app would be worse.
    05-24-10 07:45 PM
    You didn't really ask a question, but I'll make a recommendation anyway.

If you are planning on buying an e-reader, and will often be reading it in bright sunlight (like at the beach), I'd recommend the Kindle. In bright conditions, I've found it much easier to read on than the iPad or the Sony e-reader. Plus the battery life is excellent (multiple days).
    Just a sample case of battery life.....

I had my Kindle for over 2 weeks now. With wireless off, the Kindle is rated to last 2 weeks between charges. I have turned wireless off and on a few times to sync and get a book, and I am still showing more than 50% of battery life left. I have a feeling I may approach 3-4 weeks.

Wow!
    05-25-10 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD