When I transfered all the info and apps from my Tour to my new Bold 9650, the Kindle app was among them. But just today I tried to open one of my books on the Kindle app and I keep getting an error message, that it could not be opened, to delete the book and re-download it. I tried that several times and get that same error when trying to open any book. I figured out that perhaps it knows that my phone is not a Tour, since I originally installed the app on my Tour.

Has anyone successfully used the Kindle for blackberry Tour on their new Bold?

EDIT: I fixed it, I uninstalled the app, and re-installed it. When I opened the app I had to log onto my amazon account and then I could re-download any books I wanted to read. Now the books open, I guess I had to register my new Bold on the amazon website and that is how you do it.
    Last edited by dollface54; 06-12-10 at 04:56 PM.
    06-12-10 04:47 PM
    So does anyone else have the Kindle app working on their 9650? I want to buy this phone, but might have to go with the 9630 unless I'm convinced the 9650 can do Kindle.
    08-30-10 10:56 PM
    Mine is working great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 10:58 PM
    I've been using kindle on my 9650.. Works perfect no problems.. Only problem is that I came from the droid x so getting use to the screen is is taking me some time , aside from that its flawless , if am correct there working on adding more features just like the android version...

08-30-10 10:59 PM
    Same here, Kindle works fine on the 9650.
    08-30-10 11:01 PM
    Whenever a device switch is made you need to register it to get the apps you had
    Once you get them downloaded it is also important to do a physical battery pull
    I had to do the same thing and all is fine

08-30-10 11:04 PM
    Working fine for me, as well!
    08-31-10 08:05 AM
    That's great news that it works for all of you! The Kindle app site doesn't show this model phone as supported, which had me worried. This looks like the phone for me, especially with the recent price drop on Verizon. I've been using the Barnes & Noble reader on my 8330, but my wife has a Kindle and I want access to the books she/we have paid for, and not buy them twice. Now if I can just avoid the dreaded call drop/weak signal issue that some have reported with this phone.
    08-31-10 08:28 AM
    My signal is great and the Kindle reader works on Verizon. Remember if you dont like the phone you have 30 days to return it.
    08-31-10 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD