07-01-12 08:59 PM
207 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I'm running 5.0.0.681 on an 8900.
    08-27-10 05:20 PM
    I'm running 5.0.0.681 on an 8900.
    Wow. I'm stumped. I'm running a hybrid of OS 5.0 so my menus should be the same as yours (I'm assuming). Don't know what to tell you, man.
    08-27-10 05:36 PM
    Hi hi!

Thanks stoneland - I'm submitting this bug to the team right now. I have yet to be able to replicate this issue - but let me get this straight...
    -You don't get ANY push notification (no LED, no sound, no vibrate)
    -And you do not see Kik Messenger listed in your Sound Profiles option
    -Are you getting the messages without delay? Or are your messages also failing along with your push notification?
    Answers to those questions will help a lot with solving this

Thanks juicebox666 for picking up my slack You win Kikster of the week YAYYY!
    Honestly, though thanks! Helps me out so much

To bananaberry (I like your name - currently there is no option to edit threads or your contact list - this is clearly not ideal (you can only 'hide' a conversation - which then repopulates when you start chatting) but it will definitely be taken care of in the future - I get a lot of requests for that function

Thanks, Tera
    08-27-10 05:38 PM
    Hey Kristen! I was wondering where you were...

Your are right (I think...) Here is my situation:

--I do NOT have Kik Messenger listed anywhere in my sound profiles (under "Normal", "Vibrate Only", etc.).
    --I do NOT get a push notification (no LED, no sound, no vibrate) (my "push" is set to ON in the app.

However, I DO get the little "new message" icon on the top of my screen. My messages are sent with no delay at all (I love it!). I receive them fine too. I'm simply just not notified when I get a new message...only the little icon on top.

Thanks Kristen! I hope there's a solution for this. So far I like the app...just want to be notified!

Will you be implementing a "is writing" thing in the app too, like BBM? I know WhatsApp shows when the other person is typing. Would be nice to have it in Kik too (unless that's something I'm not seeing either!).
    08-27-10 06:03 PM
    How about group chats like with BBM, it is a great feature of the BBM?
    08-27-10 09:12 PM
    when can we expect an update for it?
    09-02-10 01:16 PM
    Hey everyone

Do any of you also use BerryBuzz? I'm working on getting Kik Messenger integrated with that app - so that may help some with notification issues.

Also - you will see an update (as well as a couple new things) within the next month or two. From my knowledge I think that group chatting and "is writing" will both be included
    09-02-10 08:02 PM
    I just added KIK Messenger to by Blackberry Bold 9700 today, and upon adding it, my address book contacts who already had KIK were added, along with one contact that does not exist anywhere in my phone book.

I have no idea who this person is and would like to delete them from KIK... but there is no option to delete someone from the app on my phone???

How do you delete someone from your KIK Messenger?
    And in future, if you want to remove someone who is in your contacts is there a way to "unlink" them from KIK on your phone??
    Maybe they have Kik and had invited you? Either someone that has your number or maybe they entered the wrong number?

I don't think you can currently remove contacts. I'm begging for that too!
    09-03-10 12:58 PM
    Also - you will see an update (as well as a couple new things) within the next month or two. From my knowledge I think that group chatting and "is writing" will both be included
    That will be awesome! I hope I can get my sound profiles to work with it though

Will you be allowing us to change the interface (not bubbles, but to something else if we wanted)? Or at the very least, adjust the font size? I find the current size much too small for me. Would be nice if it used the system font settings!
    09-03-10 10:11 PM
    How do I send a file or contact?
    ~S
    09-16-10 10:59 AM
    Hey everyone

Do any of you also use BerryBuzz? I'm working on getting Kik Messenger integrated with that app - so that may help some with notification issues.

So when is this update coming?!?
    09-16-10 11:06 AM
    UK ? any news
    09-16-10 11:26 AM
    Tera:
    Can you give a rough ETA on the following features:
    1. File/Photo/Contact/Location sharing
    2. Address book that has a Kik filter.

Another question: many of my family friends are still on Blackberry OS 4.5 devices (8300/8100/8800). Will there ever be a version that runs on those devices?

Thanks,
    ~S
    09-20-10 12:06 PM
    I reinstalled this a few days ago and I still don't have Kik under my BlackBerry sound profiles. I also read a few reviews on App World that some people were getting Kik messages from random people who weren't on their contact list? Regardless, I got rid of it again...
    09-20-10 01:43 PM
    Hello everyone. Is there a way for me to download this without the use of appworld. Does anyone have a jad file for this app?

Thanks
    A.M.
    10-11-10 12:29 AM
    Hey everyone!

Sorry for the delay! It's taken a lot of hard work but the new Kik Messenger is finally ready! Just a couple of tweaks and I will have a link for you all to download and sample first!

This version will be available to everyone worldwide! It will also require setting up a new Kik Messenger account. Because we are moving away from any Kik to non-Kik message (it will all be Kik to Kik), as well as SMS verification (you will now use your email address) the old Kik Messenger and the new Kik Messenger are incompatible. You will not be able to talk to anyone on the new system - so make sure to get your friends to upgrade when the time is right.

I'll be back soon with a BlackBerry download link for everyone to try out! So exciting!

Tera

P.S. You will also get very early pick of username (which is replacing Kik Codes as a unique way to add contacts)
    10-13-10 02:37 PM
    Hey everyone!

Sorry for the delay! It's taken a lot of hard work but the new Kik Messenger is finally ready! Just a couple of tweaks and I will have a link for you all to download and sample first!

This version will be available to everyone worldwide! It will also require setting up a new Kik Messenger account. Because we are moving away from any Kik to non-Kik message (it will all be Kik to Kik), as well as SMS verification (you will now use your email address) the old Kik Messenger and the new Kik Messenger are incompatible. You will not be able to talk to anyone on the new system - so make sure to get your friends to upgrade when the time is right.

I'll be back soon with a BlackBerry download link for everyone to try out! So exciting!

Tera

P.S. You will also get very early pick of username (which is replacing Kik Codes as a unique way to add contacts)
    Tera,

I upgraded Kik to 2.0 this morning on my BB Torch. I love the new interface & how it now says, "*name* is typing..." just like BBM. Major improvement.
    My problem, however, and I think it's a big one, is that now that you need a username how are we suppose to chat with people with iPhone's/Android?? They don't have usernames. The sole reason why I have Kik is to chat with non-BlackBerry users and if only BlackBerry has received the update then this makes the app obsolete at the moment. At this point I cannot chat with anybody! This is not a well thought out roll-out of the new version of Kik IMHO... When can we expect iPhone/Android to start using usernames?

I'm thinking I should just downgrade to your previous version.... HELP!
    10-14-10 12:07 PM
    Hey hey!

I promised and now I will deliver. If you want to try the new Kik Messenger for BlackBerry that will be released as soon as the iPhone application is approved you can download it from the link provided.

There are a lot of new things going on with this version. For starters, you don't need to live in North America anymore and people around the world can download Kik Messenger. Also, we no longer rely on SMS to verify your Kik account and we're now using an email registration system which takes a username (rather than Kik Codes). With such a large amount of changes to the structure of the application the new Kik Messenger is not compatible with the old system so you won't be able to message anyone using the old Kik Messenger, but we are really pushing for everyone to upgrade. We're removing the Kik to non-Kik messaging it turned out not to be widely used - and the messaging is so fast and reliable now.

Anyway - head on over to Kik | Face-to-face texting to download it. Just remember you're going to be adding people by usernames instead of Kik Codes so if any of your friends are on the old Kik Messenger you can either provide them the download link (BlackBerry and Android only for this soft launch, iPhone coming ASAP). You can add me by username: terafromkik and let me know what you think!
    10-15-10 08:34 PM
    Yay uk user here cabletow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 02:46 AM
    Ok a) how do you send a file b) ** do you kik to an SMS as youir help pages implies you can

10-16-10 05:24 AM
    And c) what is the link for iphone downloads - app store is not being helpful

10-17-10 01:48 PM
    I can't install this JAD file. When I try installing it says Download failed Error 907. COD not found. Is anyone else getting this error?
    10-17-10 04:50 PM
    NVM feel like an *****. LOL
    10-17-10 04:51 PM
    UK user Roly25
    10-17-10 05:28 PM
    And c) what is the link for iphone downloads - app store is not being helpful

The iPhone beta isn't ready yet.
    10-18-10 10:42 AM
207 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD