Just downloaded this today and I think it's Freakin Awesome!!

It's not as stable as BBM, but as this app begins to improve and update, I personally think that there will no longer be a need for BBM (or any other Messenger Service for that matter).. It has the "D" (delivered) & "R" (read) from BBM and you don't have to be subscribed to a certain E-Mail as in Yahoo, AIM, MSN, etc...

The Menu is really crisp and clean like BBM 5.0 and the App is Super fast! (just as fast as BBM)..

Once the options for Profile Pics, Status, Group Chat get added... Plus a little more stability.... I can really see this app hurting BlackBerry sales (well, atleast until the switch to QNX is made)...

Overall,... I'm very pleased!...

The only downside... I've noticed that Incoming & Outgoing messages seem to freeze up a bit until you do a battery pull... Then they start coming in again... It's only happened to me twice after hours of using it.. And only seems to be an issue in the BB version.. Friends with Android or iOS haven't had this issue so far....

There's enormous potential for KiK !.... This is gonna be Great!
    11-04-10 11:12 PM
    This is great accept today it suggested an "friend" that is an ex-gf of mine, that I don't have anywhere in my adress book and is not even a friend on facebook!

How did KiK know that we knew each other???
    Yea you might not have her number but do you know for a fact that she doesn't have yours?

Your number is most likely in her address book. Whether she kept it or got it off a mutual friend, its there..

Or maybe you have her contact information in your email's address book.. I know I have a few extra numbers in my gmail account that's not on my actual blackberry's address book because I never got around to deleting them from there..

I've noticed with a few suggestions the people that kik suggested either had my number or I had theirs... We didn't have each other's email which I know for a fact they couldn't have mine becuz I signed up with a email address that I never gave out or used for actual email. Besides Kik and I, no one even knows of the existence of this email address.. But I do have numbers saved in the googlevoice address book section that's linked to the email..
    So using the process of elimination im positive it auto suggest people by linking the user's address books. Might get the info from your address book or the address book of the person that kik suggested to you. Keep in mind that when it autosuggest's someone that you both see the suggestion. So not only did u see her but she was able to see you..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-10 11:47 AM
    I tried using KiK over a generic data plan. Doesn't work. It either needs BIS or Wi-Fi (works over Wi-Fi, works over BIS - tried with another sim card). I doesn't work with a generic data plan. Why ?
    11-05-10 04:39 PM
    Hey guys,

Dont know if anyone else is having this problem ....but on messages sent and received the first line of text in each bubble has the top quarter of the letters cut off .... running version 2.0 on the blackberry 9700 with OS 6. Reinstalled it twice....still doing it!

11-06-10 04:52 AM
    I cant seem to download it?

I get directed to this page:

m.kik.com/prod which is not found.
    11-06-10 11:17 AM
    Kik | Text Anyone for Free

11-06-10 11:19 AM
    how can i add blackberry contacts u kik without them joining the kik community?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.comhow

11-06-10 03:07 PM
    I'm trying to use Kik on my 8330, but every time I install it, it says to view permissions, press back, and save, at which point it freezes the whole phone. Has anyone with an 8330 gotten it to work or have any solutions? Thanks.
    11-07-10 05:47 PM
    Kik | Text Anyone for Free

Link is broken.
    11-07-10 07:57 PM
    Using it with my Torch and it works awesome so far.
    11-07-10 08:35 PM
    Guys I need some help with a big problem that I'm having with KiK.

Very often I am getting my messages stuck in 'S' and never switches over to 'D'

This has already happened 3 times today and is very frustrating and really makes the app useless and unreliable if this keeps occurring.

I thought maybe the person was on the phone, so I sent a bbm and it got delivered and the person replied back on BBM while the KiK message still said 'S'

Can anyone help me out with this? I'm surprised so many people got this app if this is thing occurs.
    Guys, I am still have this problem. Can anyone help me out with this?
    11-08-10 07:13 PM
    Is it possible to block someone and prevent them from adding you or prevent the system from suggesting someone I may know?
    11-08-10 09:33 PM
    It sucks. Doesn't work without BIS or WiFi for me. I need it to work over a generic data plan and it doesn't.
    11-09-10 12:36 AM
    Can someone please send me the COD file or OTA link for Kik because I can't download it from App World ? Thanks.
    11-09-10 10:44 AM
    Well thanks ja2bk but this link just redirects me back to App World and I can't download kik from App World because I am not in a supported country so if you can pull the COD files off your BB and send it to me or anyone can send it to me that would be awesome and thanks guys for your help
    11-09-10 04:53 PM
    FYI when you register for the first time. It's very easy to mistaken the "Username" field as a "Password" field, you'll end up registering your password as your username, and it will automatically recommend other users to you. THe recommended users will be able to see your password as a username.

This is a very serious security problem for people who dont pay attention. Kik has no measures to prevent it from happening and will not delete any accounts or change any usernames as soon as it's registered. .
    Last edited by justinangil; 11-10-10 at 02:04 PM.
    11-10-10 01:50 PM
    Well thanks ja2bk but this link just redirects me back to App World and I can't download kik from App World because I am not in a supported country so if you can pull the COD files off your BB and send it to me or anyone can send it to me that would be awesome and thanks guys for your help
    I need the same thing, could somebody help?
    11-12-10 03:23 PM
    I can't download Kik Messanger anymore? It said it was no longer available for downloading ..
    11-12-10 05:51 PM
    Seems they have temporarily disabled blackberry downloads...
    11-12-10 08:50 PM
    Received this message via Kik today around 8pm:

* New downloads of Kik Messenger for BlackBerry� devices have been temporarily suspended. Kik service for all existing users (including BlackBerry�) is unaffected, as are new downloads for iPhone and Android devices. New BlackBerry� downloads will resume as soon as possible. *
    11-12-10 10:41 PM
    how is this app compared to ping? I'd like to use it to chat with my iphone friends.
    11-13-10 05:15 PM
    Could someone also send me a way to download it to my new bb? I had it on my storm but it won't transfer to my curve. Thanks in advanced.
    12-25-10 09:42 PM
    Heres a link MyBBOTA.com Download - Kik Messenger have not tried this link myself since it is said to be slow and not the best cross platform app (anymore) it used to be atleast a FREE one IMO. heres the post that tells more on the KIK RIM situation:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ota-link-kik-568744/

Good luck!
    12-25-10 10:52 PM
    Little lost here.
    Didn't quite get a clarification from - Kik Messenger | Free real-time texting for all

What exactly does this app do aside from messaging other kik users?

It seems like it's a messaging app like Gtalk, YIM , AIM , MSN, etc. where they can all communicate with each other like - Gtalk to YIM, YIM to AIM etc.

All Droid users can msg each other through built-in Gtalk.
    All Blackberry users can use their BBM.

So what makes Kik different? Seems like it's another instang messaging. Way too many messangers. Please clarify.

Thanks
    01-29-11 06:38 AM
    Hi guys

Anyone want to share Kik usernames?
    11-25-11 10:58 PM
207 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD