Ok a) how do you send a file b) ** do you kik to an SMS as youir help pages implies you can

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can't SMS with the new Kik beta. That feature has been removed.
    10-18-10 09:43 AM
    Testing Kik.
    username: paso971
    10-18-10 02:13 PM
    I can't wait for it to be approved on the iTunes Store!
    10-18-10 05:41 PM
    Ok...I have tried hard to read through most of the posts. I am still confused (probably because I haven't install kik yet). Its clear that you can chat, msg etc to other kik users. However, am I right in saying that you can no longer text people who do not have this app? I would LOVE to get ride of our family msg plan since we r now a 3 BB 1 ip4 household. Every $ saved counts :-D Thanks.

10-19-10 09:10 PM
    Sent: 20 Oct 2010 06:48

@kik any idea when file transfer capabillity will happen and will the ability to kik -> sms ever return?

sent via �berTwitter in reply to @kik
    On Twitter: Twitter / cabletow: @kik any idea when file tr ...

10-20-10 12:50 AM
    A feature suggestion - as battery drain is increased with kik running in the background and as push works so well - could escape key exit the program rather than close it?

10-20-10 01:16 AM
    Sent: 20 Oct 2010 06:48

@kik any idea when file transfer capabillity will happen and will the ability to kik -> sms ever return?

sent via �berTwitter in reply to @kik
    On Twitter: Twitter / cabletow: @kik any idea when file tr ...

Think SMS is gone for good. Accounts are tied to emails and that was part of the compromise required to get Kik working globally.

I've got my fingers crossed about the file transfers though.
    10-20-10 02:14 PM
    Hey everyone!

I hope the new version of Kik Messenger is finding you well!

And yes, SMS is gone and it probably won't return (but you never know!) File sharing is definitely in our future (after music

@cabletow - I don't understand the difference between exit the app and close it?
    10-21-10 05:53 PM
    Close = run prog in background - ie it is still there in app switcher , exit = shut it down - not there in app switcher. The esc key should remove it from the running apps rather than ?? key and select exit as we have to now

10-22-10 12:43 AM
    I have kik on my tour and the messages also display in my inbox which is annoying. Ive turned off push notifications but that didn't resolve the issue. anyone know what i can do to stop this?
    10-28-10 08:02 PM
    the app store says kik for storm 2 is unavailable....anyone know whats up with this
    11-03-10 10:15 AM
    nvm had to get it through the kik site
    11-03-10 10:45 AM
    I would like to remove Kik messages from the Messaging app, which is only intended for SMS and emails for me. Any option for that in the works?
    11-03-10 03:50 PM
    So can't wait until kik has groups!
    11-03-10 09:30 PM
    i hear alot of ppl talking about this app maybe i'll try it.
    11-03-10 09:49 PM
    App world is tellin me kik isn't supported with 8520 I want to try It so bad!!
    11-03-10 11:56 PM
    App world is tellin me kik isn't supported with 8520 I want to try It so bad!!
    try kik.com/m or m.kik.com from your phone.
    11-03-10 11:59 PM
    add me rozz817
    11-03-10 11:59 PM
    If it had groups like BBM, I would definitely give it a shot... So, I could stay up with my BXGS who sold us out for ANdroid lol
    11-04-10 02:43 AM
    I did use kik, but I deleted it because I didn't have any contacts. :-(
    Is there any forum dedicated to meeting new friends?

11-04-10 05:31 AM
    I did use kik, but I deleted it because I didn't have any contacts. :-(
    Is there any forum dedicated to meeting new friends?

I haven't seen one .you can always start one.
    11-04-10 05:37 AM
    can anyone explain how kik auto suggests friends? ive searched but cant find a good answer
    11-04-10 07:55 AM
    can anyone explain how kik auto suggests friends? ive searched but cant find a good answer
    I would like to know this too. Im thinking Kik somehow accesses your address book and cross references the numbers with the numbers of existing Kik members and makes a suggestion from there. If this is the case i feels Kik should have disclaimer or notification of some sort letting the members know that it will be accessing your private information ..
    11-04-10 08:09 PM
    I would like to know this too. Im thinking Kik somehow accesses your address book and cross references the numbers with the numbers of existing Kik members and makes a suggestion from there. If this is the case i feels Kik should have disclaimer or notification of some sort letting the members know that it will be accessing your private information ..
    This is great accept today it suggested an "friend" that is an ex-gf of mine, that I don't have anywhere in my adress book and is not even a friend on facebook!

How did KiK know that we knew each other???
    11-04-10 10:38 PM
    Guys I need some help with a big problem that I'm having with KiK.

Very often I am getting my messages stuck in 'S' and never switches over to 'D'

This has already happened 3 times today and is very frustrating and really makes the app useless and unreliable if this keeps occurring.

I thought maybe the person was on the phone, so I sent a bbm and it got delivered and the person replied back on BBM while the KiK message still said 'S'

Can anyone help me out with this? I'm surprised so many people got this app if this is thing occurs.
    11-04-10 10:40 PM
207 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD