I don't think so. I put a new hybrid on my BB and re-installed Kik and the same Kik code came up. I'm not sure, but I think your Kik code is linked to your cell number.

Let us know how it goes.
    Okay so I deleted the app, re-installed and the Kik code as you said is linked to ur cell number, so ya I did not loose my code.

Thanks man for the advise take care.
    08-11-10 03:21 PM
    Hey everyone!

Sorry for my absence - I'll try to address all your questions.

@juicebox666 - Are you still getting this error? If and when it happens please send an in-app bug report (it's 'Report a Problem') right then and we get some more information. It always helps to let me know on here too - easier to notice rather than among emails.

@yahyahmih - Glad it worked for you! Let me know how you like the app

@cabletow - I'll answer your questions in order:
    1. We are similar to WhatsApp but we are available on BB, iPhone and Android and we're completely free. We will soon be expanding globally so keep your eye out
    2. We are definitely focused on the mobile experience - so we're more concerned about being across multiple mobile platforms (like we are now). That said, it's hard to say what the future has in store!
    3. Photos will be coming soon - and I will keep you updated on a timeline - there's a couple things on our plate right but we definitely will not forget about pictures and group chat.

Thanks guys! I'll be back soon with updates and cool surprises
    08-11-10 09:26 PM
    Hey everyone!
    @juicebox666 - Are you still getting this error? If and when it happens please send an in-app bug report (it's 'Report a Problem') right then and we get some more information.
    It seems to be ok now. The problem was only with the specific Kik user and she were on an older 3G. In fact, I was Kik'ing with her and her hubby (who has a 3GS) at the same time. She was having problems and he was fine.
    08-12-10 10:37 AM
    Hi Im having trouble trying to regisiter Kik It keeps asking for a verification code?
    How do i get that code?
    Then it says did not receive phone number verification text.
    PLEASE HELP
    Thanks
    Richard Smith
    08-12-10 11:03 PM
    So I've downloaded the current version of kik.
    I run it and it gives me the sms message to activate or whatever. But then the app hangs at the Logging In screen and that is it.

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting, resending...nothing is happening.

Is there a way to get 0.9.6 version back cause that seems to be the version working for a lot of people. Or a way to fix this issue.

Thanks
    08-13-10 11:18 AM
    Hi guys -

Those issues may have been issues with the server recently. Please try registering again. The way that registration goes after you download the app you are prompted to enter in your phone number. Once you do that you will receive an SMS with a 3 digit pin that will be processed (usually you don't have to manually put it in). After that has been verified you are all set up!

Make sure to download from App World because it is the most recent version.

Let me know how it goes
    08-17-10 07:46 PM
    Just upgraded to the App World version. I did not see my 10000 messages, or ANY message credits, however I was able to send an SMS to a regular non KIK contact. So I guess they carried over.
    08-17-10 10:45 PM
    Hi tera_kristen...does Kik Messenger work between iPhones? Or does it have to be between two different phones? Sorry if this has been answered already.
    08-22-10 07:40 PM
    Hi tera_kristen...does Kik Messenger work between iPhones? Or does it have to be between two different phones? Sorry if this has been answered already.
    Yes! It works between any two Kik enabled phones.
    08-23-10 09:43 AM
    thanks juicebox! my friend is getting the iphone and i'm still on BB so i knew it worked that way...but he's trying to convince me to get an iphone too (eyeroll).
    08-23-10 10:58 AM
    thanks juicebox! my friend is getting the iphone and i'm still on BB so i knew it worked that way...but he's trying to convince me to get an iphone too (eyeroll).
    Don't do it! LMAO
    08-23-10 11:32 AM
    How does it work when you change phones? Is Kik tied to your phone number? What happens when you have to reinstall the app, or install it on a new device...?
    08-26-10 02:48 PM
    How does it work when you change phones? Is Kik tied to your phone number? What happens when you have to reinstall the app, or install it on a new device...?
    It's tied to your number so changing phones shouldn't matter as long as you have the same number. When you re-install Kik it will send out an SMS and register you.

At least that's the way it's worked for me.
    08-26-10 03:03 PM
    Kik for the uk yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 04:15 PM
    thanks juicebox. i asked because i just might move to the iphone...but i'm still on BB for now

Some suggestions:
    --Any way to have the option to change the chat interface, like BBM? I'm not a huge fan of the bubbles.
    --The font is really tiny!!! Would be nice to have that setting be controlled via the device itself...so the font in the app would be the same font as the device.
    08-26-10 04:43 PM
    thanks juicebox. i asked because i just might move to the iphone...but i'm still on BB for now

Some suggestions:
    --Any way to have the option to change the chat interface, like BBM? I'm not a huge fan of the bubbles.
    --The font is really tiny!!! Would be nice to have that setting be controlled via the device itself...so the font in the app would be the same font as the device.
    You don't like the bubbles? You're in trouble if you move to an iPhone. The iPhone SMS interface has coloured bubbles like Kik!
    08-26-10 04:49 PM
    ^I know...I saw that on a friend's iPhone. I may have to reconsider now that you point it out again! I guess I was just hoping to use Kik, especially if they offer an option to change the view
    08-26-10 06:29 PM
    Hey,
    Just came across the App. Just trying it out on a couple of BB. Is there any way to have to message/text show up in the "messages folder", where all the other emails/texts even BBMs go? I have the "push" box checked in the settings and have set the sounds in the BB profiles section. (That should be an FAQ on the KIK site, IMHO) Drove me nuts until I ran across the thread. We really love BBM, but I may go w/ a Driod X in a few months and I'm looking for a cross platform app to replace the BBM (that I will miss).

Thanks,

FB
    08-27-10 01:14 AM
    Uk??

08-27-10 01:41 AM
    Kik for the uk yet?

Not yet!
    08-27-10 09:33 AM
    I don't have Kik under my sound profiles...so I don't get any sort of notification. My Push is turned on under the app. How do I fix this?
    08-27-10 01:27 PM
    I just added KIK Messenger to by Blackberry Bold 9700 today, and upon adding it, my address book contacts who already had KIK were added, along with one contact that does not exist anywhere in my phone book.

I have no idea who this person is and would like to delete them from KIK... but there is no option to delete someone from the app on my phone???

How do you delete someone from your KIK Messenger?
    And in future, if you want to remove someone who is in your contacts is there a way to "unlink" them from KIK on your phone??
    08-27-10 03:08 PM
    I don't have Kik under my sound profiles...so I don't get any sort of notification. My Push is turned on under the app. How do I fix this?
    That's very strange.

Here's how I changed my notifications for Kik (hopefully it will help you as well):
    1. Opened my message folder (where I check my emails)
    2. BB button -> Message Alerts (opens Ring Tones/Alerts) -> Other -> Kik Messenger

It isn't under the Instant Messaging sub-menu as you might expect.

Hope that helps!
    08-27-10 03:39 PM
    ^Thanks, juicebox, but I just don't have it...I tried deleting and reinstalling, battery pulls and everything. It's not under "Other" or the other categories. I just don't have "Kik Messenger" anywhere in my sound profiles.

I'm using 1.4, which I got from the website. Is there a different version that I could try?
    08-27-10 04:04 PM
    ^Thanks, juicebox, but I just don't have it...I tried deleting and reinstalling, battery pulls and everything. It's not under "Other" or the other categories. I just don't have "Kik Messenger" anywhere in my sound profiles.

I'm using 1.4, which I got from the website. Is there a different version that I could try?
    That's very strange. I'm also running Kik Messenger 1.4 that I downloaded from BlackBerry App World. Not sure why you can't find Kik in your sound profiles.

What OS and BB are you running?
    08-27-10 04:09 PM
207 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD