@Tera_Kristen Just wanted you to know that long Kik contact names partially obscure the time stamps in the upper right hand corner.
    07-27-10 07:14 PM
    Is there an iOS4 multitasking app available for the iPhone?
    07-28-10 11:57 PM
    Hey -

Thanks Juicebox! I let the team know it should be fixed for the next update...

And Sparro - we don't have a multitasking app because we don't have an iPhone 4 yet Let us know if you've got a spare
    07-29-10 01:44 PM
    I have a company BB. my wife and i were using bbm until she got a droid. she is using the droid version and i'm trying to get it set up on my blackberry 8310. the problem is that it is a company phone and texting is completely turned off. i dont receive any sms at all, so i dont get the authorization SMS for kik. is there any way that you guys could possibly send the verification code through email? like in the software you could ask for an email address to send the code to if the sms doesnt work.
    07-31-10 04:56 PM
    Hi lawhunglow -

Your comment is of excellent timing. I wanted to make a comment to the everyone in this forum who is keeping an eye on Kik Messenger.

In the coming weeks we are going to be making some changes to the credentials required to download Kik Messenger. One of the big changes is that it will require an email address rather than a phone number to sign up.

I want you guys to be among the first to try it out - I think that you will give great feedback before rolling it out to the public. Let me know what you guys think about this
    07-31-10 05:05 PM
    thats awesome. thanks for the quick reply. i also sent an email to support@kik. but didnt see your reply until after the email was sent. this pretty much clears it up. i'll be on the lookout for the updated version in the next few weeks.
    also, will there be any costs associated with Kik when it is finally up and running 100% ?
    07-31-10 05:27 PM
    And Sparro - we don't have a multitasking app because we don't have an iPhone 4 yet Let us know if you've got a spare
    Haha... actually I got a 32 gig unlocked iPhone 4 from apple on launch day. Its really a pretty sweet device.
    Now the question is, will I keep my Storm2 9550 or the iPhone 4???
    I'm happy that whatever i ultimately do, kik is my BBM replacement!!!

Also...
    Could you guys implement (on the iPhone version) when you tap on the message portion of the screen it hides the keyboard? That way you can see the whole chat without the keyboard getting in the way?
    Last edited by Sparro; 07-31-10 at 09:54 PM.
    07-31-10 09:44 PM
    I am SUPER psyched about this app! One of my best friends has an Evo and we text ALL THE TIME, but this takes it to a whole new level! I love the UI, it's so attractive! I can't wait until my Evo friend returns my text so he can download this. Haha. This also has the potential to cut down on my texts I use each month considerably, thus saving me money should I be able to downgrade my unlimited texts! I'm really excited about this app!
    07-31-10 10:13 PM
    Not sure if this question has been ask or not but on the contact list in Kik is there anyway to select what phone number to be use? On my phone Kik pick up all the contact that's on my address book but it only show the work numbers. It didn't show any of the Mobile number.
    08-02-10 09:02 AM
    I want you guys to be among the first to try it out - I think that you will give great feedback before rolling it out to the public. Let me know what you guys think about this
    I'm down like a car on 4 flat tires!
    08-02-10 09:39 AM
    May I have ota, please?
    08-02-10 10:19 AM
    May I have ota, please?
    m.kik.com will get you the app.
    08-02-10 10:34 AM
    Hey Kristen, I like the new smilies with the newest BB build, but the cat emot has to go. It gets inserted every time I put in a time ending with :30.
    08-03-10 06:59 PM
    m.kik.com will get you the app.
    Thanks much!
    08-04-10 10:38 AM
    @tera_kristen

Hi there,

Just an idea, since Saudi Arabia, UAE, and India have plans to Ban Blackberry services, I think that making the Kik app available in these markets will be great and will allow Kik to increase its reach / market share in this region that has over 2 million blackberry users.

This is a good time to do this I believe.

Take care and I think the app is awesome.
    08-04-10 10:49 AM
    Have kik installed for cross=platform uses (Blackberry / iPhone). Newest download will not erase or remove old messages. If I can't fix this, I'll be forced to delete kik, look for something else. Any ideas. help??
    08-04-10 10:57 AM
    @KRJohns - Unfortunately, at this time there is no way to delete messages in the application - it automatically stores the last 100 messages.

@chirmer - I'm so glad! Be sure to check back in this thread - I adore this forum and you guys will be among the first to try out new things and know about upgrades

@alai99 - Yes, this is an issue that should be resolved by the next upgrade. Check back here and make sure to join us on Facebook (Kik Interactive, Inc. | Facebook) or on Twitter (@kik) for other company information.

I'm looking into the international expansion of the company and I will definitely let you guys know about that...
    08-04-10 08:12 PM
    This application needs group chat, it seems ok but group chat would make a lot of ppl want to use this application....
    08-06-10 12:05 PM
    Used to be easy to do (prev version) - and is still easy to do this on the iPhone. For our uses, it would be a "deal-breaker". Perhaps a newer version? or a beta version? Really need this function back. Thanks.....

Ken
    08-09-10 03:48 PM
    I also don't like that messages can't be removed from view anymore (they used to). I like to keep my open chat screen clean and only see... well... open chats.

If there was a way to back up chats to SD card, and review them from the contact list, that would be a nice feature. That way, they would still be accessible while keeping the chat screen clean and organized.
    08-10-10 09:35 AM
    @Tera My friend has an iPhone 3G and we get errors every time we send messages to each other. The messages usually go through but we get an error message that needs to be clicked several times. The error message is "message failed: the user is no longer active errors".

Hmmm, I was testing it as I wrote this message so I could get the right error message and it seems to be working now. WTF LOL!
    08-10-10 10:03 AM
    Hi there all,

My BB 8900 OS 5.0 - has been freezing a lot since I installed the Kik app, if I un-install and then re-install the app, will I loose my Kik code or is it connected to my Mobile number that I registered with.

Thank guys
    08-10-10 07:29 PM
    Hi there all,

My BB 8900 OS 5.0 - has been freezing a lot since I installed the Kik app, if I un-install and then re-install the app, will I loose my Kik code or is it connected to my Mobile number that I registered with.

Thank guys
    I don't think so. I put a new hybrid on my BB and re-installed Kik and the same Kik code came up. I'm not sure, but I think your Kik code is linked to your cell number.

Let us know how it goes.
    08-10-10 08:09 PM
    1 - what is different about this and whatsapp? Apart from the fact that we can use whatsapp here in europe.
    2 - any plans to consider combining kik with skype chat and FB chat - then it will be truly cross plaform like IM+
    3 - can you send photos yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 01:00 AM
    I don't think so. I put a new hybrid on my BB and re-installed Kik and the same Kik code came up. I'm not sure, but I think your Kik code is linked to your cell number.

Let us know how it goes.
    Thank you, I'm trying now will keep you posted on the result
    08-11-10 10:24 AM
207 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD