is there an option for group/party chat? or will there be?
    07-15-10 05:37 PM
    Ok so what is Kik? Kik is communication across ALL the phone platforms! Kik is communication! Kik me! Lets Kik! Iphone, BB Bold, and Droid, together, kik!

And if anyone wants to kik ME, I'm BOV BUL MIX
    07-15-10 08:30 PM
    Kik is nice to have for cross-platform chatting. I think the things I see missing (compared to BBM) are:

- Status (busy/available + message) updates.
    - File sharing.
    - Group chats.

Not bad for chatting with non-BlackBerry devices, though.
    07-16-10 06:55 AM
    How do we add Kik users without knowing a cell number? And how do we figure out our Kik PIN?

Suggetion: make the BB Kik PIN the same as our BB PIN
    07-16-10 11:28 AM
    @ Tera- is there still a charge if you have unlimited text? is there any way to send files, like pictures or voice notes like on the blkbry messenger? will KIK stay logged in and always receive messages like blkbry messenger? what would you say the number one "selling" point would be for this over, say Lucid messenger (besides it actually being available for all 3 smart phones at this time. and im assuming that Lucid is actually going to release for blkbry.) also i have downloaded KIK and was looking for the get more credits area and dont see it.
    07-16-10 03:28 PM
    I don't get any replies back although my friends reply to the kik # that they see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 01:40 AM
    @ Tera- is there still a charge if you have unlimited text? is there any way to send files, like pictures or voice notes like on the blkbry messenger? will KIK stay logged in and always receive messages like blkbry messenger? what would you say the number one "selling" point would be for this over, say Lucid messenger (besides it actually being available for all 3 smart phones at this time. and im assuming that Lucid is actually going to release for blkbry.) also i have downloaded KIK and was looking for the get more credits area and dont see it.
    Hey there

I looked into Lucid Messenger - and it appears that it was never released on BlackBerry and it's an extinct app. So, Kik Messenger is the first cross-platform messenger available on BB, iPhone and Android. Also, we're the only app that is real-time like BBM. When you're messaging with another Kikster - you get receipts that tell you when it's sent, delivered and read - because the messages are instantaneous and use the same push notification as BBM (you are always 'logged in' and you get your messages immediately). Other competitors cannot claim the real-time messaging with receipts - and that is what sets us apart.

We're a relatively new app so we're hoping that with time and resources we will be able to make the best messenger app that we can. It really helps to hear who likes our app thus far so that we can continue to improve our product and provide great support - so thanks to all for your interest in Kik!

There's a lot more coming from Kik as well - we want you to be able to use your phone to connect with the world around you. First, you can connect with your friends with real-time messaging, but we want you to be able to connect in many more ways
    07-19-10 02:36 PM
    My iPhone Kik friends have been having a lot of problems. They tell me that they aren't getting message notifications and also they get messages from me and they are auto-deleting on their own.

Anyone else been told this?

And the new BB release rocks!
    07-19-10 04:13 PM
    With the exception of the auto-deleting, my iphone peeps have been saying the same things. What latest BB version?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-19-10 04:16 PM
    With the exception of the auto-deleting, my iphone peeps have been saying the same things. What latest BB version?

I downloaded Kik 1.4 from BB Appworld a few days ago.
    07-19-10 04:23 PM
    I'm on 0.94. But not for long! Thanks.

07-19-10 04:25 PM
    My iPhone Kik friends have been having a lot of problems. They tell me that they aren't getting message notifications and also they get messages from me and they are auto-deleting on their own.

Anyone else been told this?

And the new BB release rocks!
    Hey guys...

Thanks for letting me know about this. I have passed this message along to the development team. The auto deletion issue sounds like a client-side problem so I will be able to update you asap about the fix on that.

The push notifications is trickier because we submit the message to Apple and they send it to you with notification. I'm looking in to any issue with Apple - but again, I will update you.

@czeph - Thanks so much for your help with this as well

To anyone on the new version for BB - I hope those receipts are reliable for you
    07-19-10 04:54 PM
    Tera, is there any way to update someone's phone number if they change it? There's no refresh and when I update their contact info it doesn't update their Kik number. Thanks. I like the updated version also.

07-19-10 04:58 PM
    I am wondering when people from the UK will be able to use this application?
    07-19-10 06:17 PM
    I am wondering when people from the UK will be able to use this application?
    Wonder if you can now, since you invite people with their Kik codes and not SMS messages.

@Tera Shouldn't user ID's be called Kik kodes?
    07-19-10 06:24 PM
    @Tera Shouldn't user ID's be called Kik kodes?
    Good one!

Hey, did anybody else that downloaded this app from App World also lose the 10,000 sms credits? Not sure if I lost them really, but they are not showing like they were prior to 1.4. Hope I didn't lose them...
    07-19-10 06:41 PM
    Good one!

Hey, did anybody else that downloaded this app from App World also lose the 10,000 sms credits? Not sure if I lost them really, but they are not showing like they were prior to 1.4. Hope I didn't lose them...
    Yes, I did lose the SMS credits too! I thought it was becuase we have Kik codes now so don't need them?

07-19-10 06:45 PM
    Uh oh! Tera, please hook us (back) up. Your loyal Kik enthusiasts, etc, who had the 10K with the file we got from here vice App World.

07-19-10 06:52 PM
    I noticed the 10k sms credits on my phone. Then a few hours later, I had zero and couldn't text anyone. I uninstalled and reinstalled the current platform, but can't get any sms credits, therefore I can't send texts. Is anyone else having this problem?
    07-20-10 07:06 AM
    i want to use kik in europe, germany... the registration-problem is known... can you give me a nearly point of time of introduction for europe? :-)
    07-20-10 07:52 AM
    Kik kept locking up on my BB. I installed the latest version and it came up the first time. After a reboot, all I get is a white screen that seems to act like it has timed out.
    07-20-10 10:37 AM
    I noticed the 10k sms credits on my phone. Then a few hours later, I had zero and couldn't text anyone. I uninstalled and reinstalled the current platform, but can't get any sms credits, therefore I can't send texts. Is anyone else having this problem?
    i had the same problem but mine happened within minutes. i'm wondering if there are other people have this problem, i don't get any texts back from the people that i text.
    07-20-10 11:35 PM
    I have a problem with kik 1.4 on my S2. The message bubbles are cut. It doesn't seem to be formated for the screen properly. If I exit the app, then go back into it, the message bubbles are fine.
    07-21-10 12:12 AM
    How do I get kik working on my kids iPod Touches? In App Store it says it works with the iTouch. But I can't get past the enter telephone number part.

07-21-10 12:52 AM
    0.9.6 works here with little noticeable delay. Any plans to change the chat style to the bubble, or stripe type seen in BBM 5.01.32? The default Kik style simply uses up too much screen real estate for most BB models to compare favorably to the OS5 threaded SMS look and feel.
    07-21-10 02:36 AM
207 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD