hey everyone,
    Does anyone know of an app that allows to "virtually" create a shortcut to button combos?

so for example, instead of pressing ALT CAP H to view the Help Me! menu, i'd just go into the app and tell it to create an icon on lets say the home screen that does that function.

any ideas?

Thanks
    09-25-12 09:57 PM
    ShortcutMe or MyOwnHotKeys.
    09-25-12 10:22 PM
    Is there a way to get those OTA? Or really, any way besides AppWorld? I'm happy to pay a few bucks, I just haven't been able to find it anywhere but AppWorld, which doesn't work for me. (The developer's site just links back to AppWorld.)
    I emailed the developer (support@fonware.ca) but I haven't heard back.
    09-26-12 12:07 AM
    Well Mobihand closed...so looks like just App World for now..BB10 will be OTA.
    09-26-12 02:40 AM
    I don't know any other way either, but there are a couple of very active threads here on CB for those two apps and the developer (Vijik) is active on those.
    09-26-12 08:49 AM
    @joshuaxd,

Since Mobihand got financial problems (ended with bankruptcy few weeks ago), the above mentioned apps are only available through App World.

Unfortunately I don't have the capacity to handle sale and sale's related support (new keys for new devices, refunds, etc), I try to stay away from selling them directly.

May I ask why you don't have access to App World?
    09-26-12 07:47 PM
    I just can't seem to get AppWorld to work. I picked up an old BB (8820 running 4.5) last month, and I have no data plan. I just use wifi, and sms with a cheap ATT gophone plan.

I believe I was able to connect to AppWorld once and get one app via my laptop, but then it stopped working. I went through a bunch of troubleshooting at the time, with no success. (I don't recall exactly what - I can check it tomorrow.) But your apps look useful enough that if AppWorld is the only option I'll give it another try.
    09-27-12 12:56 AM
    Ah, now I remember. No BB data plan = no App World. I'm guessing it only worked that one time because AppWorld was already installed when I bought the phone and the previous owner had a BB data plan. Once I updated the software, it must have realized there was no data plan and so quit. I use the phone so rarely (around $10/month with ATT gophone) that a full BB data plan would be pretty ridiculous for me.

Oh well, too bad.
    09-27-12 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD