Exiting? I sometimes use the Red Phone Key to exit an application but then again it doesn't really exit that app. Another way to exit this app Nav, you can do [menu], [E], then click trackball <--- much better than scrolling your t-ball downward huh? :P I know, I too wished there's a faster and easier way to close it.
    10-16-07 11:11 PM
    I was greeted with this message during install:

"907 Invalid COD
    Unable to import ZIP file"

I brokeded it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-07 11:31 PM
    Yes, Verizon Wireless 8830. But I saw someone else had no problem loading on a VZW 8830. It starts to load and then goes to GPS init screen and hangs up on "GPS Receiver Initialization".
    I have the same issue with my Verizon device. My Verizon rep told me that the GPS is supposed to be unlocked in the first quarter of 2008. He said that translated to "second quarter" in Verizon speak. It's supposed to have something to do with their government contracts and security but after full testing it will be unlocked.
    10-16-07 11:48 PM
    I've downloaded and been messing around for awhile. It's similar to InfoSpace, but in my opinion....not as user friendly. It's easy to use, but the interface (sounds nerdy, but can't think of better word) isn't as nice as InfoSpace. It still has the "nearby" and directions, but the start at location seems to be better on InfoSpace. I'll get rid of the MS program until some things are worked out. It seems like a good program that's half done. But, what do I know....YMMV

Matt
    10-17-07 12:27 AM
    Are both of you using a VZW device? They may be blocking GPS usage on their devices.

Are you and Kevin both using a BlackBerry Curve?

Thanks Trevor. This is good feedback... we will try to incorporate this in the next version!
    yep BB Curve 8320. I was reading the first page and kevin got it to Dl on his 3rd try. I tried over 10 times and i still get the DL Failed.

Edit:NVM just did a battery pull and it installed correctly.

well after playing around with Live Search.. i can see the potential in it. i like the fact that it can search for heavy traffic areas. thats something Infospace doesnt have. I also like the map too..although most maps are the same. i like the fact that you can choose how much to zoom in instead of the constant menu:zoom in....ill keep infospace and i too will get rid of Live Search until the program is complete because im in Jersey and it doesnt have this location..i will dl it when its a 100% done. good work so far LS.
    Last edited by SoldatCrinale; 10-17-07 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Did not want to double post.
    10-17-07 01:32 AM
    Hey Lsmobile I am using a T-mobile 8800.
    10-17-07 05:48 AM
    so can anyone plz tell me how do i change my browser settings from wm to bb
    10-17-07 07:00 AM
    No go on a 8830 on Verizon.
    It hangs on the GPS initialization screen.
    Damn VZW !!!
    10-17-07 09:30 AM
    so can anyone plz tell me how do i change my browser settings from wm to bb
    Open your BB browser, go to options, go to emulation mode, change to BlackBerry.
    10-17-07 09:32 AM
    On my 8830 i changed my GPS setting from 911 only to location and it did not hang on install. It showed that it connected to the onboard GPS module. I am not sure how to check to see if it actually uses the GPS. But it was able to initialize.
    10-17-07 09:32 AM
    I have an 8830 on the Alltel network.... no problems here.
    10-17-07 11:56 AM
    Thanks, Bear. Solved my issues.
    10-17-07 02:06 PM
    I have a sprint 8830 WE & i cannot connect to use the software. Anyone know the settings to make it work?
    10-17-07 02:14 PM
    We've just announced a new version of the Live Search application for BlackBerry devices. This one's been re-designed from the ground up with a completely new UI, simple network detection, GPS integration and a lot more!
    I just downloaded it. Lightening fast download. Set up perfectly. Seems like a great program. Looked up a restaurant for dinner and a movie afterwards. Will spend some more time playing with it but so far looks like a "must have."
    10-17-07 07:39 PM
    Hello all,

We've put together an FAQ from the issues we've been reading about. Please read it if you experience trouble downloading or using the application at:

wls-beta.members.winisp.net/bbfaq.htm
    10-17-07 11:12 PM
    so do u have to have a gps phone for this to work? i have a 8320... how will this go down?
    10-19-07 02:44 PM
    I have an 8830 from Sprint. The GPS works great with BBMaps, Google Maps, and Sprint Navigation (Telenav). However, livesearch cannot ever find the position using GPS. I have the permissions set to "allow" for the app, and of course my GPS is set to "location".

Anyone else have this issue? The livesearch FAQ says the 8800 series have built-in GPS and it should work.

Thanks!
    10-31-07 04:08 PM
    It works pretty well on my 8820. I happen to like InfoSearch FindIt better than Live Search for locating services and then having voice turn-by-turn directions.
    11-01-07 08:13 AM
    I updated my 8310 curve to the latest firmware, 4.2.2.176 (170 gave all kinds of errors) and was unable to find a link to download the software using the BB browser or Opera at wls.live.com Only gave links for Windows O/S. I found the following url using my PC, http:// mobile.search.live.com/client/download_manual.aspx and that worked fine in Opera.

Once I downloaded and installed, I must say, very very polished product. Extremely happy and very pleased with it. In my opinion, leaps and bounds above Google maps. Thanks a million for this amazing product!
    11-04-07 10:51 PM
    I just loaded it on my 8130 without issue. Naturally, the GPS is inop, but I still like the UI and capabilities.

One huge missing item vs. Infospace and Berry 411.. no "Add to Address Book" option. I use that regularly and if this app had it, it quite possibly could eliminate my need for the others.
    Last edited by ogeneo; 11-05-07 at 12:05 AM.
    11-05-07 12:02 AM
    A new version (1.5.2860.13336) is now available. It should fix:
    - the failed installation problem ("907 Invalid COD"),
    - the trackwheel problem in the map for the 8700 family and the 7130 using BlackBerry OS 4.2.1,
    - GPS initialization problem on CDMA devices (the application must be deleted before installing the new one to fix this particular issue),
    - GPS refresh for all OS 4.2 devices.

You can download it using the BlackBerry Browser at:
    wls.live.com
    or you can wait to be prompted for an update by Live Search in a few days.

When you are about to download the application, please make sure that the version is "1.5.2860.13336" and not "1.5.2838.909". If you get the wrong version, go to the menu and select "Refresh" on the same screen (with the download/cancel buttons), and you should get the right version and be able to download the application.

Sincerely,
    The Live Search for Mobile Team
    Last edited by LSMobile; 11-07-07 at 02:59 PM.
    11-06-07 08:35 PM
    i can download it just fine but when i go to use it, it says error starting live_search Module 'live_search-1' not found. what does that mean and will i be able to download and use live search?
    11-06-07 10:08 PM
    Hi all,
    We found a solution to the "Module 'Live_Search-1' not found" problem. It seems there is a problem with the browser cache on some devices (clearing it may not solve it).

When you are about to download the application, please make sure that the version is "1.5.2860.13336" and not "1.5.2838.909". If you get the wrong version, go to the menu and select "Refresh" on the same screen (with the download/cancel buttons), and you should get the right version and be able to download the application.

After downloading, it is advised to reboot your device.

Sincerely,
    Last edited by LSMobile; 11-07-07 at 02:59 PM.
    11-07-07 02:37 PM
    this is still a beta?
    11-08-07 03:11 PM
    this is still a beta?
    Yes this is still a beta and US only.

Sincerely,
    11-08-07 04:43 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD