the volume is louder, the quality is better (i have it on treble boost and have tried all the settings to no luck) and its free, unlimited variety

the storm media player is just junk and it took slacker to show me that.... and if you don't take a subway/mass transit to work, you have no idea how bad the media player is in terms of both quality and volume.
    02-07-09 08:52 AM
    I agree 100% ! Is there a better media player for the storm?

the volume is louder, the quality is better (i have it on treble boost and have tried all the settings to no luck) and its free, unlimited variety

the storm media player is just junk and it took slacker to show me that.... and if you don't take a subway/mass transit to work, you have no idea how bad the media player is in terms of both quality and volume.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 10:55 AM
    Fully agree

02-07-09 12:13 PM
    yes the sound for slacker is amazing and has alot let bugs than the actual bb media player
    02-07-09 01:05 PM
    I don't think so. I have efficient headphones so the volume is usually too high. My music is a much higher bitrate than slacker delivers.

02-07-09 01:18 PM
    Guess it depends upon your media. I've got all of my iTunes music ripped at 224 and listening to that as compared to Slacker is no contest. My iTunes tracks sound much better...much. Haven't checked into Slackers stream quality, but it's just not nearly as good as my ripped tunes.
    02-07-09 01:19 PM
    Guess it depends upon your media. I've got all of my iTunes music ripped at 224 and listening to that as compared to Slacker is no contest. My iTunes tracks sound much better...much. Haven't checked into Slackers stream quality, but it's just not nearly as good as my ripped tunes.
    Its not the bitrate its the highs and lows just don't have any power.
    It sounds great with headphones but when u plug it into a car or home stereo..I notice a big difference.

02-07-09 01:26 PM
    I agree- I upgraded to the Higher Quality Downloads and the Sound Quality is very good.
    02-07-09 01:28 PM
    Slacker wouldn't play on my BT headphones. Anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking it's an OS thing, cuz BT doesn't work for video playback on anything after .75.
    02-07-09 01:34 PM
    Slacker is awesome! Best app I have put on my Storm yet!
    02-07-09 03:12 PM
    The media player's capability is much higher than slacker, hands down. That is, if you play a quality mp3 or aac onto the storm. I connect it to the PC in mass storage mode, dump all my songs onto it, and go. But even in my car (7 speaker pioneer system), I can hear slacker's dynamics (or lack of), and it just isn't quite right. I am guessing that slacker streams around 32-48kbits, but I don't know for sure. I've heard it is AAC encoded and is supposed to sound as good as 128k MP3's, but alas, it does not.

Don't get me wrong though, it's a sweeet app. And after a couple minutes you get used to the dynamics. If the premium service gave me a higher bitrate, I would be a subscriber.
    02-21-09 03:12 PM
    i think there the same just depends on where you are what headphones you own and where you bought the music
    02-21-09 03:32 PM
    You're right ballard. I did some test listening today on the Slacker classical channel, and Bollero came on. Wow, it was just about CD quality. It looks like it may depend on how well slacker encoded a particular song. So the potential is definately there, but it may not always be fully utilized.

By the way, I also tried NuTsie today. It has terrible quality as compared to Slacker. A few of the songs I tested were encoded decently, but even those come through in mono! The rest of the songs had quality that lies somewhere between AM and FM.
    02-21-09 09:46 PM
    I could go either way on this one. Slacker has worked very well for me but the media player has also. Streaming from moodio through the media player has been awesome, even with the bitrate setting fairly low. My only complaint is the interuption from alert sounds but the option of silent profile doesn't work for me most of the time. No big deal really.
    02-21-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD