Hey Everyone-

I was having issues with my BB on Monday. It would boot up after pulling the battery, but I couldn't select anything and actually use it...then it would shut off. The stickers on the battery and phone were fine. I decided that I would upgrade from 231 to 250. I backed up my BB and proceeded with the upgrade (I think). Same thing happened and I couldn't even check my BB to see what version was installed, so I'm not positive the upgrade happened.

Yday, I went to Tmobile and they replaced it for me. The phone they gave me had 114 on it. When I got home, I clicked on Restore on DM. It loaded which 231, but all my apps and themes are not on the phone. The texts/emails/contacts/calendar all seem to be fine.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
    Vanessa
    08-26-09 10:46 AM
    Backup and restore is for your OS and databases. It doesn't backup applications, or themes.
    08-26-09 10:50 AM
    Your themes and games are still on your old device.

The one that is turned in. There's a guide on these forums about how to back up 3rd party software and themes... if only I knew where it was...
    08-26-09 10:54 AM
    Your themes and games are still on your old device.

The one that is turned in. There's a guide on these forums about how to back up 3rd party software and themes... if only I knew where it was...
    You mean this one: how-back-up-3rd-party-applications
    08-26-09 10:56 AM
    Thanks guys...now I know for the future...time to start downloading...lol
    08-26-09 11:00 AM
    Thanks guys...now I know for the future...time to start downloading...lol
    Don't feel like you are the only one that has done this... it happened to me once a few months ago... now I run this backup at least once a month... it doesn't make backups of Themes, but luckily all my themes are self created.
    08-26-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD