On my last phone, my brother (who worked for Verizon) set it all up for me. But I'm at college now and am clueless. Can anyone help?
    05-02-10 03:40 PM
    do you still have your old Tour? if so just use BB DM to switch devices. If not I hope that you have made a back up, if so just install the back up with your settings.

if you dont have a back up or whateve then just follow set up and email set up
    Last edited by Mistik1973; 05-02-10 at 04:35 PM.
    05-02-10 04:32 PM
    do you still have your old Tour? if so just use BB DM to switch devices. If not I hope that you have made a back up, if so just install the back up with your settings.

if you dont have a back up or whateve then just follow set up and email set up
    Nope I don't have the old one. My brother backed it all up on my e-mail though somehow. I'm trying to register for my email but the option to create or add one isn't even there. Only something about blackberry enterprise...what do I do?
    05-02-10 04:37 PM
    anyone know?
    05-02-10 07:08 PM
    Be patient. People will answer. Being impatient is rude.

Have you already activated the phone on your account? If not, you need to do that first.

Then you need to log into your BIS page from a computer and use the "Change Device" function to input the information from your new device to the BIS.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en

If you don't know your log in information, you need to call Verizon Customer Support and they can reset it for you.

Then resend your Service Books from the BIS by clicking on the HELP link on the left side of the page.
    05-02-10 07:33 PM
    Will the fact that I'm not currently in the network be a problem? I'm in the extended network at college.
    05-03-10 01:27 AM
    You might not be able to activate the device if you are not in a Verizon coverage area.
    05-03-10 05:54 AM
    Well thanks anyway. I guess I'll just wait until I go back home this Saturday.
    05-03-10 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD