Just got the Berry Locator. Now I feel more comfortable knowing that I can track down my beloved at any time. Anyone out there have it too? (Iam sorry if this has already been discussed, since I am still fairly new here.)
    03-29-08 01:15 AM
    I used the trial, I'll buy it soon. Very good program.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-08 03:18 AM
    Never heard of it. Tell me about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-08 07:26 AM
    Berry Locator makes your phone ring, vibrate, and screen flash by sending an e-mail to it. It helps you locate your BB. If it has access to GPS (and satellites), it will send back its coordinates.

It's pretty nice. I bought it after the trial. I had to pick a tone that would be easy to recognize. GPS works well too, although it has to be able to access satellites, so it won't give you its coordinates in indoors (away from windows and such). Testing from my front porch was spot on!
    03-29-08 10:35 AM
    Yes, Berry Locator is pretty cool. If you can't find your phone, you just have to e-mail your BB with the word findme in the text and it will start ringing and flashing for about three minutes. Then on the computer you send the e-mail from, you will receive a GPS map showing you exactly where your BB is. You can try the program for free for a couple of days and can get it OTA on your BB. If you have any trouble downloading the purchase, just e-mail the company and they will help you out with that. Apparently it is not as easy to OTA the purchase as is the trial.
    The program is $4.95 and for an additional $3.00 you can have unlilmited downloads for three years, for example, if you get a new phone, etc.
    I can give you more detailed info later, because apparently I can not provide you with URLs until I have been a member for a bit longer. I am still learning here.
    03-29-08 11:59 AM
    Very cool. I'm on the trial now but I can't get it to make any sounds?? What could I be missing?
    03-29-08 12:33 PM
    1) Youcan change the sound it plays in the different profiles.

2) Make sure you are typing the text exactly as it appears in the config screen "findme" (no spaces, no upper-case). It will only work if everything matches axactly.
    03-30-08 08:13 AM
    Yeah, I can get it to flash but no sound. In the options it has a "test sound" and it won't play anything there either. I might try downloading it again. Already did the reset. Thanks.
    03-30-08 08:53 AM
    I had the trial and its a pretty good program. Love the map coordinetes =]
    03-30-08 02:26 PM
    I just bought BL after loving the trial. Learned a few things:
    1. You can change the trigger subject line from 'findme' to something else. Although the intentionally misspelled word is good as you won't get a false trigger
    2. Whatever you type in the body of the message shows on the screen when the BL alert flasher is stopped, so you can type "Please call 123-555-1212 to return this lost phone"
    3. If you send the subject 'findme/silent' it will activate BL without triggering sound. Nice to use if you're sure someone has stolen it (and not yet pulled the SIM card) and you'll get back the GPS coordinates.
    01-08-10 03:17 PM
    I just dl'd the trial and tried to open it but I am getting an uncaught exception error.

What can I do to fix this? I did disable compatibility but that didn't help.
    01-08-10 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD