And I have to say its much better than it was. Still a bit slow at installing and uninstalling, but hey iphone/Apple OS has it down pat when it comes to removing apps both mobile and Mac related. I still don't know if its possible to save APPs them selves to the SD card, I think its just for people who delete their paid apps and want them back if they reinstall their OS. Overall Its faster when moving through dif parts of the program. Quick screen shot loading and it doesn't slow down to a "crawl" when scrolling through apps. Its even faster then the CB app store. Its also got seperate sorting options. Def a good download.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 07:36 AM
    I must agree it is definitely an upgrade from what it has been.

08-01-09 08:03 AM
    Just downloaded new App World and Slacker Radio icon appeared on my screen! What B.S. Tried deleting service books, but I'm sure it will return when I restart my Tour:[
    08-01-09 08:47 AM
    Just downloaded new App World and Slacker Radio icon appeared on my screen! What B.S. Tried deleting service books, but I'm sure it will return when I restart my Tour:[
    Save yourself the agony and just hide the Icon..

New BB app world is much better.
    08-01-09 08:50 AM
    The new app world is insanely fast! I MIGHT actually use it now. It's fun to just browse through all the apps though, since everything loads so fast.
    08-01-09 12:08 PM
    So is archiving the sd card feature they were talking about?

08-01-09 04:37 PM
    Have they gotten it to properly notify you when an upgrade is available? That's why I like the crackberry store. Emails regarding updates.

08-01-09 06:19 PM
    Did they fix the memory leak on it?

08-01-09 11:58 PM
    Have they gotten it to properly notify you when an upgrade is available? That's why I like the crackberry store. Emails regarding updates.

I got an upgrade notification for got2 pro. It also listed some apps on app world that I got elsewhere. It also showed an update notification in my inbox with a direct link to the app in app world.

08-02-09 01:34 AM
    I have no clue where to get the new app world from or how to download it

08-02-09 06:01 AM
    I have no clue where to get the new app world from or how to download it

Type in the OTA link on your blackberry :

Download BlackBerry App World
    08-02-09 07:36 AM
    So is archiving the sd card feature they were talking about?

Yes I think this is the option to somehow save App's to the SD card.
    (How it's done yet I don't know?)
    Last edited by MaxdMerc; 08-02-09 at 07:42 AM.
    08-02-09 07:38 AM
    help! i have four new notifications for upgrades with the new blackberry app world but when i try to update it just fails. what shall i do?

and i am about to try a battery pull and try reinstalling the app now.
    08-02-09 08:47 AM
    Yes I think this is the option to somehow save App's to the SD card.
    (How it's done yet I don't know?)
    With the archiving, you can move an app on your device to the SD card. You can't run the app directly off the SD card because of Java issues with the BB OS, but it gives you the option to download many more apps than your onboard memory would normally allow for, and then you can just load an app as you need it - excellent for people who want access to a lot of games without needing to delete/install every time something bigger and better comes along.
    The new app world also saves you from needing to pay for the same app twice if you do delete an application (intentionally or not), so that's a pretty sweet bonus too.
    08-02-09 09:18 AM
    Sorry, to move an app to an SD card, go to the 'My World' link in App World, and then highlight one of your downloaded apps, click the menu key and select 'archive', which will let you move it to the card.
    08-02-09 09:19 AM
    help! i have four new notifications for upgrades with the new blackberry app world but when i try to update it just fails. what shall i do?

and i am about to try a battery pull and try reinstalling the app now.
    You might need to try re-installing the app a couple of times - I had issues with the update myself for the first few days I had it; even after it was installed properly, it wouldn't run - if you keep having problems even starting up the app world though, make sure when you re-install it that all of your permissions are set to 'Allow' - that's the number 1 problem I've had with apps in the past.
    You'll probably just have to be patient with the App World though even after you have updated, I feel like there are just a lot of people downloading it right now and that might be causing a couple issues on its own.
    08-02-09 09:22 AM
    Just upgraded myself, and have one question. Does anyone know of a way to get the apps I already have on my device to show up in App World without redownloading them all? I can think of much better ways to kill an hour today than doing that, haha.

Thanks
    Last edited by Nemesis9530; 08-02-09 at 10:02 AM.
    08-02-09 09:46 AM
    so delete older version than install newer version app world?
    08-02-09 10:00 AM
    The "license agreement" page is way to long. Is there a way to simply "accept" without having to scroll through all the text?

Anyway, installed the latest appworld, ran it , did a search of top downloads, and then deleted appworld.

Maybe someone can do a new post when a version of appworld comes out that is as fast as the iphone version.
    08-02-09 10:29 AM
    Having the same problem. I have two updates and they are saying they are not supported for my device and fails. Now I have the icon and it won't go away

08-02-09 11:13 AM
    I must agree it is definitely an upgrade from what it has been.

Haha yes. It is infact an upgrade.

08-02-09 11:30 AM
    Just realized it appeared in the message folder. Icon is gone from the top of my screen but that still doesn't solve my problem of not being able to update an app that I actually paid for. Two battery pulls and no luck. Before it attempts to download it says this app is not supported for your device or carrier. This is a load of crap.
    08-02-09 12:09 PM
    The upgrade defnitely is an improvement. There are still some things that need working on. It still needs a desktop format like the iTunes or Mobihand Store. Also, there are still issues when trying to upgrade/re-install apps with having to delete the app, delete the app store and then battery pull & re-install. Drives me mad.
    08-02-09 07:19 PM
    damn this new stuff is bugging me cant wait to get my storm unlocked i hate my 8800 its old and slow
    08-02-09 07:54 PM
    The "license agreement" page is way to long. Is there a way to simply "accept" without having to scroll through all the text?

Anyway, installed the latest appworld, ran it , did a search of top downloads, and then deleted appworld.

Maybe someone can do a new post when a version of appworld comes out that is as fast as the iphone version.
    pull up key board and click b for bottom or t for top
    08-02-09 10:01 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD