Anyone noticed the folders below appear on their SD card? I'm doing a bit of house-keeping and I've found these on the SD card rather than the device memory.

Each are full of .dat files.

Folder names are...
    JulyRIMSAEngMobile
    JulyRIMSAMobile

Can I delete them or will this cause trouble?

Cheers
    Ste
    10-19-10 05:25 PM
    Hi, I have the same thing on my SD card. I use a Bold 9700 and run several 3rd party apps; berryweather, bloomberg, viigo, Viira, splashid, kindle, amazon, fandango, poynt and quickpull pro.

Is this file related to any of them or where did this julyRIMSAmobile folder came from?

Thanks!
    10-20-10 11:35 AM
    No clue what they are for. But, one way to find out if they're needed is, using your pc, move the files from the sd card to pc. Later you'll find out if they're needed. If you run into problems, they'll be app related, not OS related. If they are needed, move them back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 05:36 PM
    Thanks for the help, this is what I did;

I copied the files to my desktop and opened a couple of them randomly in textedit. Turns out they're from an app I downloaded for South Africa's World Cup, it has schedules and flags of the teams. I deleted the app when the world cup finished, so I've already deleted the entire folder from my SD card. I'm sure it won't cause any trouble.

Happy camper now
    10-20-10 05:59 PM
    Thanks for the help, this is what I did;

I copied the files to my desktop and opened a couple of them randomly in textedit. Turns out they're from an app I downloaded for South Africa's World Cup, it has schedules and flags of the teams. I deleted the app when the world cup finished, so I've already deleted the entire folder from my SD card. I'm sure it won't cause any trouble.

Happy camper now
    sweet
    i was wondering the exact same thing!!
    11-11-10 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD