I recently downloaded Jott for Blackberry. It's a cool feature and I think I'll keep it around to increase my Jott use. However, there is one annoyance that I could use some help with:

Every time I use Jott for Blackberry, my Blackberry registers *two* new messages. They don't show up in my inbox, though, so I can't get rid of them. For someone who wants to keep a clean inbox, this is a big annoyance. My Blackberry now states that I have 8 unread messages, but when I press the * key (to go to the next unread message), it says that I have no unread messages.

I log calls (so they show up in my inbox). I'm not sure if this is relevant. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    Kevin
    04-14-08 10:19 AM
    Hi, you have to go into your message options, and change the new message indicator to "none", you will still be notified of new messages, but the "unread" message will go away!
    06-02-08 05:55 PM
    Unfortunately I got rid of Jott for BB a while ago because of this problem - it was driving me nuts and I wasn't using it that much, anyway.

However, I would consider re-downloading it, but I'm confused about your advice - the New Message Indicator only has two options: Yes and No. The Message Count has the options "Unread" and "None". Is that what I'm supposed to be changing?

Also, I still don't understand why I was registering all those extra messages. Was Jott doing it? Does this always happen?
    06-04-08 03:42 PM
    Some kind of conflict between your BB and Jott I have never used so I am not sure what could be happening.
    06-04-08 03:47 PM
    Unfortunately I got rid of Jott for BB a while ago because of this problem - it was driving me nuts and I wasn't using it that much, anyway.

However, I would consider re-downloading it, but I'm confused about your advice - the New Message Indicator only has two options: Yes and No. The Message Count has the options "Unread" and "None". Is that what I'm supposed to be changing?

Also, I still don't understand why I was registering all those extra messages. Was Jott doing it? Does this always happen?
    i think you have to go to the jott website and set up the settings there (that's what i did). go to "settings" then click "emails" and you can unclick the 'receive confirmation emails' box if you want there (i leave mine checked because i like to know what it transcribed). and also go to "phones" where it lists your primary phone number. in that spot, i unclicked the "confirmation text message".

also, my other jott tip is to NOT put your friend's emails on their contact info. mine all complained when it would text message them AND email them. oops! that's a little weird. other than that, i LOVE jott!
    06-04-08 06:27 PM
    What exactly is Jott?
    06-04-08 06:37 PM
    Do someone have the link?
    06-04-08 06:48 PM
    Do someone have the link?
    Nevermind i got it.
    06-04-08 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD