So, i have always used JLcmndr to wipe my phone before changing my OS. (I know some say it's not needed, but I don't care about that right now) Anyways, i have noticed after I "wipe" my phone and reload an OS, the device password remains. Also, if you "wipe" your phone and reload an older OS, you will be prompt that this OS is older than the current OS, blah blah blah.

So is it really wiping or what?! It almost seems like it is just forcing the phone into the error screen (white screen, reload OS) but not really doing anything. LOL

I use option 4) wipe. Is the other option, reset to factor setting (or however it's worded) any different? Is THAT a complete wipe?
    04-15-10 01:06 PM
    So, i have always used JLcmndr to wipe my phone before changing my OS. (I know some say it's not needed, but I don't care about that right now) Anyways, i have noticed after I "wipe" my phone and reload an OS, the device password remains. Also, if you "wipe" your phone and reload an older OS, you will be prompt that this OS is older than the current OS, blah blah blah.

So is it really wiping or what?! It almost seems like it is just forcing the phone into the error screen (white screen, reload OS) but not really doing anything. LOL

I use option 4) wipe. Is the other option, reset to factor setting (or however it's worded) any different? Is THAT a complete wipe?
    You must do both reset to factory and wipe for a completely clean phone.
    04-15-10 01:09 PM
    ah, ok. Does the order matter? Like wipe first and then factory reset or either way?
    04-15-10 01:10 PM
    I always reset and then wipe. I don't think it matters but my OCD kicks in when putting on a new OS.
    04-15-10 01:15 PM
    I just tried this on my Storm 2 and it absolutely did not work. After both procedures, the phone booted up with the OS still loaded and prompts for all my App permissions.

WTH?

Nevermind, it worked the 2nd time. I think because the first time I had SAOS open and connected to my phone when i tried to wipe.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 05-01-10 at 02:09 PM.
    05-01-10 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD