I'm not really big on online chatting these days but I decided to download AIM and Yahoo Messenger. I really like how they integrate with the address book - I can click on "add to address book" (or whatever it says) and link a contact to a yahoo/aim screen name.

My question is - is there a reason why Jivetalk is so popular? I mean, it's $29 (since I'd buy the version that would let me change from BB to BB), is it worth it instead of just using the free AIM and YM? I know that Jivetalk lets you use more than those 2 but I guess I still want to know what makes it better...
    04-16-08 11:46 AM
    I think it's mostly a matter of personal preference. I find that JiveTalk is easier to use, one app instead of multiple apps, i can sign on more than one account per network, it looks better, and is faster.
    04-16-08 11:52 AM
    JiveTalk works. The others just don't, all the time. They have been extremely buggy in the past and less than reliable.

On the otherhand JiveTalk has been seamless and easy. It incorporates many IM clients like both AIM and Yahoo, and is not limited to just one or a couple.
    04-16-08 11:52 AM
    JiveTalk has a really nice interface, very easy to use, no bugs, & has a lot of good options.
    04-16-08 11:55 AM
    I prefer Yahoo messenger.
    04-16-08 11:56 AM
    Does JiveTalk link to your address book like the others? And does it have settings so that you can change the sounds it makes according to the profile you have set?
    04-16-08 11:57 AM
    It does not link the address book, no.

You can set the alerts for JiveTalk messages incoming.
    04-16-08 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD