the only IM programs that i've checked out were:
    Instango
    Palringo
    and now Yak On

IMO Yak On is superior to any of the previous IM clients I have used, plus its free

yak on has tabbed chats, chat log and can customize sounds and all (few reasons why I ditched palringo, even tho it looked really nice)

Yak On! — I.M. everywhere
    04-14-09 07:49 PM
    Man yak on looks ghetto though....
    04-14-09 07:54 PM
    Man yak on looks ghetto though....
    LOL.........
    04-14-09 08:34 PM
    I prefer Instango even iff cost is taken out of the equation. I barely notice it's running, it looks nicer, and I stay connected pretty well. Doubt I'll ever switch.
    04-14-09 08:34 PM
    Seriously... why don't I just chisel a message on a stone slab...

04-14-09 08:35 PM
    After playing with them again tonight...

For the program size: 480K (which is 1/2 the size of Webmessenger and and IIRC 2/3 the size of Beejive); price (free); and ability to log in to more than 1 acct per each service...

I'll stick with Instango.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 09:32 PM
    Instango looks like crap and cheap but then again you get what you pay for.

04-14-09 10:41 PM
    New version of Palringo is available. I don't know how well it works.
    04-14-09 10:49 PM
    I currently switched from Beejive to instago, only because its free, but it really drains the batt. Normally i leave beejive on all day text, and talk, and i dont have to charge up until i get home. But my device was showing low batt after around 11 hours
    04-26-09 09:16 PM
    I currently switched from Beejive to instago, only because its free, but it really drains the batt. Normally i leave beejive on all day text, and talk, and i dont have to charge up until i get home. But my device was showing low batt after around 11 hours
    Did you try the experimental battery save option?
    04-26-09 09:31 PM
    It uses data.
    04-26-09 10:28 PM
    Did you try the experimental battery save option?
    It doesn't drain my battery but i use the "optimize power consumption" on auto away so maybe it does make a difference.
    (recently started using BBM and that eats battery big time!)
    04-27-09 10:50 AM
    looks like I'll be using something else now because my acount has been deleted. Did anyone else's Instango account go away?
    05-07-09 11:14 AM
    I have word from the folks at Beejive that they're working on implementing a push to email feature similar to what they're using on the iPhone version right now.

05-07-09 12:34 PM
    I have word from the folks at Beejive that they're working on implementing a push to email feature similar to what they're using on the iPhone version right now.

Thats the feature I've been waiting on! I can't wait till they release the next version....
    05-07-09 01:10 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD