So I've been trying out JiveTalk for a few days now, but there are a couple things I don't like about it compared to the IM software that BB has. I like the fact that it's very easy to sign in to multiple IM accounts. Now here's what I like better about the BB IM software. I think the way BB handles new IM alerts is much better than JiveTalk.

Is there a way to set up JiveTalk to alert me to new IM's by flashing the LED? I know that it will flash once, but I'd rather have it keep flashing like the BB IM software does. I want to be able to quickly know if I have a new IM after the screen has dimmed.
    01-10-08 01:49 PM
    The LED should flash red when you have a new IM. I know it does on my 8830 at least.
    01-10-08 01:56 PM
    Yea, what he said ^^, and you can have audible alerts, too. Just edit your Profiles and the JiveTalk entry, including the three different JT functions.
    01-10-08 02:24 PM
    The LED should flash red when you have a new IM. I know it does on my 8830 at least.
    It only flashes once.
    01-10-08 05:16 PM
    Reboot the device by removing the battery. JiveTalk flashes the led for me too. Also, have you gone into profiles and set up the alerts for JiveTalk as JSanders suggested?
    01-10-08 07:43 PM
    yes, try rebooting the device. Mine also continues to flash red, not just once.
    01-10-08 09:22 PM
    Ahh ok I think I have this some what figured out. When you are not viewing a conversation, the LED will continue to flash until you have checked the new IM. However, if you are viewing a conversation, if that person sends you a new message, the LED will only flash once. I can deal with that. Thank you all.
    01-10-08 10:04 PM
    I just downloaded JiveTalk and I'm wondering how to tell JiveTalk that I've seen the message and that it can stop flashing the LED. 'hints?

'just to be clear. I downloaded BeeJiveIM 1.1.0 on my ATT Pearl 8100. All those colors are a wonderful thing, but if the flashing doesn't turn off once the msgs are viewed, then the flashing is meaningless. Please let me know how to turn the flashing off once I've viewed the messages.
    Last edited by jasonnet; 12-24-08 at 09:48 AM.
    12-24-08 12:19 AM
    Coolest thing is you can change the color of the LED. Mine is set to green for easy identification

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 03:15 AM
    When you install Beejive (previously called JiveTalk) three new options appear in your your "Profiles" regarding Beejive notification settings. You edit them the same way you edit your phone or SMS notification settings:

Profiles > Advanced... > [choose you desired profile] > BeejiveIM.
    01-29-09 02:07 PM
    I am having problems with the sounds as well. When i go to Profiles > Advanced... > [choose you desired profile] > BeejiveIM I am unable to actually select any of the beejive events. I can see four of them, but I can't select or edit them.

I have tried changing all of the permissions to "allow" thinking that that may have been the problem, but no change.

I also tried uninstalling/installing a couple times as well as resetting the phone with no change.

Anyone have any ideas?
    02-05-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD