Two questions regarding Jive Talk...

1) What does choosing 'Force Shutdown' in the menu options do?

2) What icon does everyone have? I have a blue rectangular box w/ white trim w/ a white chat bubble in the middle. I noticed on Kevin's blog post (about the most downloaded background is plain black) that he had the Bee Jive bee on the screen shot. Is that another Jive Talk logo or something else?
    01-28-08 03:46 PM
    The Force Shutdown kills the app and signs you off of all the clients.

The "Bee" icon is for the newest (WiFi) version of Jivetalk.
    01-28-08 03:53 PM
    The Force Shutdown kills the app and signs you off of all the clients.
    So if I wanted to quit the app completely and log out all accounts I would use Force Shutdown and that would save me a few clicks instead of what I've been doing: Menu > Log Out All > Yes > Menu > Close?

Thanks... I wasn't sure what is did and was afraid to click on it.
    01-28-08 04:00 PM
    The "Bee" icon is for the newest (WiFi) version of Jivetalk.
    What is the latest version for my BB? When I go into About Jive Talk the build version I have is BlackBerry-pearl, 1.0.3. Under latest version is says n/a.
    01-28-08 04:06 PM
    I have another question about JT... It seems that I can choose whether or not to see others' Buddy Icons, but I can't use one of my own, is this correct?
    01-29-08 07:38 PM
    I have another question about JT... It seems that I can choose whether or not to see others' Buddy Icons, but I can't use one of my own, is this correct?
    You can change ur buddy icon for AIM but not for MSN or Yahoo. I dont know about the others
    01-29-08 08:31 PM
    Here's something weird. When I had a Sidekick, I used AIM with a buddy icon that now appears by my screen name in JiveTalk. But nobody else sees it. JT somehow knows about it, but doesn't use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-08 08:45 PM
    What is the latest version for my BB? When I go into About Jive Talk the build version I have is BlackBerry-pearl, 1.0.3. Under latest version is says n/a.
    Mine says that the latest version is 1.0.3. I wonder why yours says n/a. Anyway, there is a newer version but it is still in the testing phase.
    01-29-08 10:16 PM
    Here's something weird. When I had a Sidekick, I used AIM with a buddy icon that now appears by my screen name in JiveTalk. But nobody else sees it. JT somehow knows about it, but doesn't use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No one else can see mine either. I had a sidekick too and it worked perfectly and those with a kick on my buddy list - I see theirs but they dont see mine!
    01-30-08 08:52 AM
    So the thing is, is that you can set a buddy icon for AIM but no one well see it.
    01-30-08 08:53 AM
    Is that true? With 1.3 no one can see your aim icon but yourself? y upgrade?
    01-30-08 03:26 PM
    I just bought Jive Talk through my computer for my 8310.
    I got a Google Checkout receipt email, but no link or license number.
    I wrote to support, but no answer yet.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks!
    02-18-08 06:13 PM
    support will email u back, dont worry. ive emailed them before they will respond in a few hours. and how do u upgrade your jivetalk?
    02-18-08 06:54 PM
    Thank you DeadAim!
    What I did was download the trial OTA from a link at the Jive Talk site
    then when I liked it, I went back to the site to purchase it.
    I did all of this from my computer.
    02-18-08 07:08 PM
    Anyone aware if JiveTalk works over a WiFi connection??
    02-19-08 03:38 PM
    Don't know about version 1.03, but 1.04 beta does.
    02-19-08 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD